Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Be awful to lose him now, inevitably he will go tho sooner or later 😭
  • Im not so sure on this.

This isnt a teenager in his bedroom making up twitter stories
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Calm down chaps, we all know this would be shite if it happens, whether past, present or future tense.
    Worried this has substance. 
     Okay... you're right I didn't mention Chappettes. 

Let's all just wait and see whether any Charlton press expect anything to happen before we panic.
  • Confidence of season long loans will diminish in this happens. I cannot see it happening. It won't fast track his career. It's just a shame he doesn't have strikers to develop with at the moment.
  • Calm down lads he literally wrote an article 5 days a go stating he was enjoying his time with us and bowyer. That tweet got him the most likes and retweets for a while......that sight is full of adverts and it’ll be a ploy to get traffic onto the website.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Calm down chaps, we all know this would be shite if it happens, whether past, present or future tense.
    Worried this has substance. 
     Okay... you're right I didn't mention Chappettes. 

Let's all just wait and see whether any Charlton press expect anything to happen before we panic.
    Oliver Harbord is proper Chelsea press.
  • I can’t see it myself. But he isn’t our player. 
  • edited January 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Ridiculous from Chelsea, disgraceful actually after whatBowyers done and given him so far. 
    Ridiculous and disgraceful from Chelsea for doing something that's not happened or going to happen. 
    You speak with confidence, yet you have no idea what will happen, just like the rest of us. 
    The irony here is incredible.

You've just slagged Chelsea off, yet you have no idea what will happen, just like the rest of us. 
    Obviously it’s only disgraceful if they call him back, I thought that was obvious .... you’re the one who stated it wasn’t going to happen 
    Maybe I am reading it wrong, but what about 'Ridiculous from Chelsea, disgraceful actually after whatBowyers done and given him so far.' implies that you are only saying that in the hypothetical scenario that Chelsea are going to call back Gallagher?

Which by the way, let me state again, is not going to happen. 
    Which you don’t actually know ....
    You've completed ignored my question I see. 

I will however respond to you about the reasoning behind what I have said. Do I 100% know it won't happen. Of course not, nothing in life is certain.

However apart from Gallagher moving to Swansea on loan literally making no footballing sense for one of Chelsea's brightest young talents. It also completely goes against everything we have heard in the press about how happy Chelsea are with his development here at Charlton. 

Maybe I am a fool for interpreting the facts that way and not having a meltdown because of hearsay that is said on the internet. However with what I am presented with I am certain he will still be our player. 

The proof in the pudding will be at the end of this transfer window. 
  • Sponsored links:

• what an atrocious website... 

If there is legs in this, which I doubt, then Chelsea are acting very poorly, he will not do as well as Swansea without Bowyer... 
  • It is weird he added at the bottom Bowyer is trying to convince Chelsea to let's us keep him, it's like he is using that as a get out of jail card so when Gallagher doesn't get recalled he can just put out a story saying Bowyer obviously convinced Lampard that Charlton was the best place for Gallagher 
  • Why wouldn’t he want to get burnt out playing  every minute of every game for us 
  • He’s need a rest; and as Oooahh has said, he’s being overplayed 
  • Would be very disappointing but he’s a Chelsea player and they can do whatever they like. Hope it’s not true.
  • Had a bit of ITK on Taylor the other day as you may of seen on that thread, hope it wasn’t true.  

But unfortunately I have a bit of insider info on Conor, and it isn’t good, been told he’s heading to Swansea.  I promise no bull shit, just what I’ve been told by what I believe to be reliable.
  • No idea if true but he is a Chelsea player and they may have concerns re his burn out .I would have thought if that was the case they could/would have discussed this with Bowyer etc ? Big hit if true
  • Maybe why the move for Maddison has been fast tracked.
  • FFS my logic is going right out the window here. 
  • Don't get the burnout issue, that may have been an issue previously but why wasn't he recalled at the start of January if that was an issue, why wait until now, when we are about to sign Maddison and get players back from injury so Conor can have a rest
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    I’m 50/50 on whether this will happen.

Looking at Chelsea’s history of loaning players out in the Championship and league 1 over the last few years they haven’t once recalled a player that I can think of.

Off the top of my head that list includes: 

Mount
    Tomori
    Wilson
    Abraham
    James
    Izzy Brown
    Jay Da Silva

Based on what they usually do it makes it hard to believe they’d do anything different with Conor but you never know.
  • Had a bit of ITK on Taylor the other day as you may of seen on that thread, hope it wasn’t true.  

But unfortunately I have a bit of insider info on Conor, and it isn’t good, been told he’s heading to Swansea.  I promise no bull shit, just what I’ve been told by what I believe to be reliable.
    Your ITK posts keep popping up after the news stories... Starting to doubt you a little bit. Next time post ahead of the curve.
  • Obviously gutted if it happens but I don't know why he'd want to go there. Plays every game here, loved by the fans, built relationships with team mates. Would think he'd want to see out the season with us where he could potentially be POTY. 
  • Yes he’s played a lot and they could be worried about burn out/injuries but with JFC, Williams , Cullen and Field all due back we can rotate a lot more, I hope it’s not true but heard several rumours now but only needs one idiot to start it sometimes and it spreads.
  • After leaving bartrams on Saturday saw him in his personalised chauffeur car - very nice.

was v friendly and seemed happy enough to be here atm twitter is coming out with some rubbish.
  • edited January 2020
    Maybe Swansea have promised first dibs on one of their players! It defies logic otherwise seeing as the lad is developing well with us.
  • edited January 2020
    Maybe Swansea have promised first dibs on one of their players! It defies logic otherwise seeing as the lad is developing well with us.
    To get half a season of Conor Gallagher? That doesn’t make sense to me, he’s not THAT good.
  • I’m 50/50 on whether this will happen.

Looking at Chelsea’s history of loaning players out in the Championship and league 1 over the last few years they haven’t once recalled a player that I can think of.

Mount
    Tomori
    Wilson
    Abraham
    James
    Izzy Brown
    Jay Da Silva

Based on what that usually do it makes it hard to believe they’d do anything different with Conor but you never know.
    I do remember Chelsea recalling Smertin from a season long loan with us a while back, 2006? ...... in order to sell him to Dynamo Moscow.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Had a bit of ITK on Taylor the other day as you may of seen on that thread, hope it wasn’t true.  

Your ITK posts keep popping up after the news stories... Starting to doubt you a little bit. Next time post ahead of the curve.
    Chill Dazzler, first off, no disrespect but I couldn’t give a monkeys if every lifer thought I was a liar, I know about 4 people on here by face so doesn’t make a difference what people think of my username, secondly, I’ve passed info on as I’ve got it, and like I’ve said from two sources I know well and trust, and thirdly I hope they are both fake news, I want what’s best for charlton even if I get slated on here.
  • Oggy Red said:
    I’m 50/50 on whether this will happen.

Mount
    Tomori
    Wilson
    Abraham
    James
    Izzy Brown
    Jay Da Silva

Based on what that usually do it makes it hard to believe they’d do anything different with Conor but you never know.
    I do remember Chelsea recalling Smertin from a season long loan with us a while back, 2006? ...... in order to sell him to Dynamo Moscow.
    Understand if it's to sell him. If not, it'll be proper shite, but we have time to replace him.