Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    Confidence of season long loans will diminish in this happens. I cannot see it happening. It won't fast track his career. It's just a shame he doesn't have strikers to develop with at the moment.
    You only have to look at the Eoin Doyle situation to realise clubs do change their mind. And that footballers are commodities. 

In Doyle's case, the other Manager called Bowyer decided, after three games for Bradford this season, that he was surplus to requirements - so Bradford sent him on a season long loan to fellow League 2 rivals, Swindon. Doyle scored 23 goals in 21 games which helped in no small measure to take Swindon to the top of the table.

Doyle said in December that he was desperate for the move to become permanent because the football they play suits him. Bradford have now recalled him because, according to Bowyer, Doyle could help them in their promotion push (and of course it may harm Swindon's cause at the same time). Doyle played for Bradford on Saturday, they lost and he didn't score. Swindon beat 3rd place Crewe.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Had a bit of ITK on Taylor the other day as you may of seen on that thread, hope it wasn’t true.  

But unfortunately I have a bit of insider info on Conor, and it isn’t good, been told he’s heading to Swansea.  I promise no bull shit, just what I’ve been told by what I believe to be reliable.
    Your ITK posts keep popping up after the news stories... Starting to doubt you a little bit. Next time post ahead of the curve.
    Chill Dazzler, first off, no disrespect but I couldn’t give a monkeys if every lifer thought I was a liar, I know about 4 people on here by face so doesn’t make a difference what people think of my username, secondly, I’ve passed info on as I’ve got it, and like I’ve said from two sources I know well and trust, and thirdly I hope they are both fake news, I want what’s best for charlton even if I get slated on here.
    I think your telling lies 
  • Maybe Swansea have promised first dibs on one of their players! It defies logic otherwise seeing as the lad is developing well with us.
    To get half a season of Conor Gallagher? That doesn’t make sense to me, he’s not THAT good.
    Just trying to find something that makes sense. At the moment it makes no sense. If they think we are over-playing him they can surely address that with us pretty easily. 
  • Only two reasons it would make sense:

- Chelsea think he’s playing too much and are trying to protect him
    - Swansea/other clubs have come in and said to Chelsea they’ll give them a wedge of cash to take him on loan and someone at Chelsea is valuing a few extra quid over a player’s development.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Had a bit of ITK on Taylor the other day as you may of seen on that thread, hope it wasn’t true.  

But unfortunately I have a bit of insider info on Conor, and it isn’t good, been told he’s heading to Swansea.  I promise no bull shit, just what I’ve been told by what I believe to be reliable.
    Your ITK posts keep popping up after the news stories... Starting to doubt you a little bit. Next time post ahead of the curve.
    Chill Dazzler, first off, no disrespect but I couldn’t give a monkeys if every lifer thought I was a liar, I know about 4 people on here by face so doesn’t make a difference what people think of my username, secondly, I’ve passed info on as I’ve got it, and like I’ve said from two sources I know well and trust, and thirdly I hope they are both fake news, I want what’s best for charlton even if I get slated on here.
    Not slating you, just stating your sources may be getting the stories late as you seem to post them after they've been plastered everywhere else.

As you say, you post as you hear it, maybe they hear it from the same links we see.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I was thinking the same (no offence).
    Why didn't you post this before the news broke an hour ago ?
    I don't disbelieve you btw.
  • Damn! I really want him to stay; he's been so good. Not even when we get nearly everyone back from injury
  • After leaving bartrams on Saturday saw him in his personalised chauffeur car - very nice.

was v friendly and seemed happy enough to be here atm twitter is coming out with some rubbish.
    My mate is chauffeured by Conor's Dad for work- his Dad is a chauffer.

I'll ask him what he's heard!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes he does work for The Sun, but Alan Nixon is quite reliable 
  • Dazzler21 said:

I was thinking the same (no offence).
    Why didn't you post this before the news broke an hour ago ?
    I don't disbelieve you btw.
    I heard it on Saturday, I didn’t take any notice of it, then saw the Swansea link tonight, messaged my man like how did you know, he confirmed he was not telling fibs Saturday, his source is unreal you genuinely would laugh, but sorry too personally to say.
  • Really hope this isn’t true, has been my player of the season so far.

On the plus side, Ranger will probably win their pub league if they sign Gallagher. 
  • edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

I think your telling lies 
    Hahaha, PH I’ll spill the beans next time I see ya my source is pukka.
  • If Alan Nixon reports it, it could well be happening. Gutted.

Did I read that tomorrow is the deadline to recall him? 
  • It can be pretty shitty being a Charlton fan at times. We need Bowyer to sign that contract tomorrow, Maddsion to agree terms and things to start moving in the right direction.
  • Right lets put the over-playing Conor to bed right now!!

Gallagher has played 26 games to date this season, should he play every game between now and the end of the season he'll have played 45-matches

That doesnt take into account the fact he's on eight bookings for the season and has to survive being booked twice between now and March to avoid a two match ban (so lets say he'll play 43-games)

The big three from Chelsea played on loan last season playing the following amount of games:

Fikayi Tomori @ Derby played 58-games in total, he's two years older than Conor
    Tammy Abraham @ Aston Villa played 44-games in total, he's also just two years older
    Reece James @ Wigan played 46-games last season, he's the same age as Conor!!

In addition Wigan finished 18th last season (just one place ahead of where we are now) so had no issue with Reece James being involved in a relegation scrap
    Then there must be more to it if he does go!
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven’t Swansea already got 5 loans 
  • Haven’t Swansea already got 5 loans 
    Yes they do as Sam Surridge got recalled to Bournemouth taking their loan allocation back down to five players

So Chelsea wouldnt just be taking him away from where he's settled but could also disrupt Marc Guehi's loan @ Swansea because one loanee will always have to miss out on the match day squad

Yes I know Gallagher and Guehi dont play in the same position but if both were at the same club with five loans, at least both of them stood a good chance of being involved in the match day squad

Rather than a one in six chance of being left out the match day team altogether
  • This just doesn't make sense!
  • Could understand a move to the PL but a loan to Swansea would leave a sour taste tbh
  • ChiAddick said:
    This just doesn't make sense!
    Nope, I reckon he is staying. 

A rumour that has gone viral. 

He likes it here, Bowyer wants him, the fans love him ... he’s not going. 
  • LenGlover said:
    Damnit, I caved and gave that link the click it craves - First line stands out and says it all: Conor is expected to return to Chelsea

Whoever written it doesnt know else they'd have said that he was returning to the club!!
  • edited January 2020
    If this is legit then Gallagher being recalled is a proper kick in the knackers. If he’s being recalled to be sent out to fecking ‘Wall or QPR then I’ll be checking my calendar to make sure it’s not March 31st. 

Call me simplistic but is there no situation where Lampard Jr asks Gallagher if he’s A) enjoying his football at Charlton? B) Is he learning what it takes to improve himself at Charlton? or C) Do you want to stay at Charlton? comes into play? Admittedly what I’ve seen this season has been on TV or a stream but young Connor seems to be enjoying his experience with us so shouldn’t he have a huge say in his destiny?

• Would be nice if we could go through a transfer window without losing any of our top players for once.