Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Bad form from Chelsea if true.

Your word is your bond.

Honest reasons acceptable such as you need the player or a decent offer comes in; but middle of the transfer window without prior warning is not the decent way to behave. If it was about development they would/ could have said this weeks ago. One has to have standards. I hope we never become a club that behaves that way.
  • Would be nice if we could go through a transfer window without losing any of our top players for once. 
    Hate to say this but he's not actually our player. 
  • edited January 2020
    Lets hope not. If it is true, not very professional/respectful if they haven't told Charlton first. Hopefully everything will be clearer on all fronts and more positive tomorrow.
  • LenGlover said:
    If Conor stays after January I will give £20 to the Upbeats if those giving me LOLs for saying our season is f***** will do the same if he goes since they seem so confident he won't.
    My LOL wasn’t because he definitely isn’t going. It was because the immediate defeatist reaction was comical.
  • The thing we haven't factored in is that Conor may have decided he wants to leave. 
    Well you have Bowyer arguing about his contract, Taylor sulking, all the injuries creating a desperate losing run and maybe he wants to go to somewhere a bit more stable ......
     ......and sit on the bench.

No that doesn't make sense either.

• How do we know Chelsea haven't told us.
    We dont even know his going yet
  • Oggy Red said:
    The thing we haven't factored in is that Conor may have decided he wants to leave. 
    Well you have Bowyer arguing about his contract, Taylor sulking, all the injuries creating a desperate losing run and maybe he wants to go to somewhere a bit more stable ......
     ......and sit on the bench.

No that doesn't make sense either.

It doesn't really. He looked as delighted as anybody when we got the second against West Brom. He clearly feels part of things. So maybe if it doesn't make sense the reason is it is nonsense!
  • Sponsored links:

• Makes no sense. Why would Chelsea move him sideways to south Wales? He's developing fine at CAFC and is close to family and his parent club. He's also working with a manager who played at the very top of the game in his position. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Bad form from Chelsea if true.

Your word is your bond.

Honest reasons acceptable such as you need the player or a decent offer comes in; but middle of the transfer window without prior warning is not the decent way to behave. If it was about development they would/ could have said this weeks ago. One has to have standards. I hope we never become a club that behaves that way.

Chelsea have always been bastards.
    Bastards I can handle. Lack of respect is just so classless.

Not a good reputation to have in any walk of life and not something that is easy to shake off.
  • RedChaser said:
    Let's all calm down; at the moment it hasn't happened and no point in fearing the worst for the rest of the season. The time to take stock is at the end of the transfer window when we will know what the squad comprises of.

Gallagher has been a revelation for us and was on course for player of the season but this is the downside of the loan system and having to rely on it so heavily under the previous regime. To quote Bowyer 'It is what it is'. Going forward hopefully this will not be as much of an issue.

Of course It'll be a kick in the nadgers but there's nothing we can do about it. It's Chelsea's call and if we lose him it'll be down to the management and new owners to find  a suitable replacement(s) to give us the best chance of Championship football being played at the Valley next season. Keep your peckers up!

Calm down , you having a laugh this is Charlton life.
    You going Preston Saturday 
  • Skimmed past most of the bollox whilst watching Irish football in the pub (on the telly in the pub, it wasn’t all going off), has anything actually happened officially?
  • Completely out of our control for once?

I can't see the sense in it but who knows.

Maybe Swansea signing Brewster has some significance?
    Or they want to see how he links up with a team playing a different system?
    Football is batshit crazy these days. Could be anything
    Only significance I can see is the fact that Brewster | Guehi | Gallagher were all part of the England U17 World Cup team

Steve Cooper managed that team...
    As I say, Chelsea looking from the outside would see that they have sent a decent prospect on loan to a side that has won one from 16 and scored just 18 goals in that time. Their "box to box" midfielder  has recently been almost the senior pro in a midfield and forward line mainly made up of U20s, some of which were at non league clubs a matter of weeks ago.

Your point re the connection with the U17 lads and Cooper does carry some weight and this would replicate the Tomori/Wilson/Mount situation at Derby last season.
  • RedChaser said:
    Let's all calm down; at the moment it hasn't happened and no point in fearing the worst for the rest of the season. The time to take stock is at the end of the transfer window when we will know what the squad comprises of.

Gallagher has been a revelation for us and was on course for player of the season but this is the downside of the loan system and having to rely on it so heavily under the previous regime. To quote Bowyer 'It is what it is'. Going forward hopefully this will not be as much of an issue.

Of course It'll be a kick in the nadgers but there's nothing we can do about it. It's Chelsea's call and if we lose him it'll be down to the management and new owners to find  a suitable replacement(s) to give us the best chance of Championship football being played at the Valley next season. Keep your peckers up!

We are in a position where we can do something about putting out a severely weakened team on Saturday against a Preston Team who are struggling a bit. Any points we get in that game could be vital and for me that is why the transfer window needs to be positive now rather than at the end of it. Points are precious. But at this moment, we are trying to sign Maddison and Gallagher is still here. We don't want that going the other way. 
  • Still don't buy it but if true they may just be pissed that we are now considerably richer than them so probably tapping him up 😀
  • Skimmed past most of the bollox whilst watching Irish football in the pub (on the telly in the pub, it wasn’t all going off), has anything actually happened officially?
    In a word
    No
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    Skimmed past most of the bollox whilst watching Irish football in the pub (on the telly in the pub, it wasn’t all going off), has anything actually happened officially?
    In a word
    No
    Wicked, thank you.
  • clb74 said:
    RedChaser said:

Calm down , you having a laugh this is Charlton life.
    You going Preston Saturday 
    Yes mate, I'll keep a look out for you, I've a good idea where you'll be at HT 🍺😉
  • my son, who is good friends with an academy player told me this about 8pm tonight - i dismissed it as it made no sense but the academy player definitely wouldn't be lying so its either an incorrect rumour that is doing the rounds at the training ground or its true.
  • DOUCHER said:
    my son, who is good friends with an academy player told me this about 8pm tonight - i dismissed it as it made no sense but the academy player definitely wouldn't be lying so its either an incorrect rumour that is doing the rounds at the training ground or its true.
    It's either incorrect or true??

Right that's cleared that up, I'm going bed

;)
    here we go - so you didn't want to know that an academy player said it? - don't bother answering please, i can't be bothered
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    my son, who is good friends with an academy player told me this about 8pm tonight - i dismissed it as it made no sense but the academy player definitely wouldn't be lying so its either an incorrect rumour that is doing the rounds at the training ground or its true.
    It's either incorrect or true??

Right that's cleared that up, I'm going bed

;)
    here we go - so you didn't want to know that an academy player said it? - don't bother answering please, i can't be bothered
    I was only joking, I'm all ears for you mate
  • His reply to me....

"15 teams in and around the bottom end of the prem and top of the championship want his signature

Not confirmed yet. Keep you posted"

• edited January 2020
    I think going to bed is probably a good idea. It feels like something is happening but maybe it can be stopped if it hasn't happened yet. Trying to make sense of it would help. I think the player is happy and Chelsea are happy with his development with us so if it is Swansea they must have offered a lot of money (if it happens). I recall our recent defeat there that their midfield found it hard to manage a team of kids so maybe they are willing to take the financial hit, for a short term solution, to address a big issue for them.

Lets hope for the best. I'm not in the know but trying to make sense of it and a lot of reasons to worry but tomorrow could be a good day.