Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Do we have to do this every time this rumour comes up? It's come up on three different occasions now and he's still here. Maybe everyone should save their panic for once it's formally confirmed, it's probably better for the heart
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    my son, who is good friends with an academy player told me this about 8pm tonight - i dismissed it as it made no sense but the academy player definitely wouldn't be lying so its either an incorrect rumour that is doing the rounds at the training ground or its true.
    It's either incorrect or true??

Right that's cleared that up, I'm going bed

;)
    here we go - so you didn't want to know that an academy player said it? - don't bother answering please, i can't be bothered
    I was only joking, I'm all ears for you mate
    i dismissed it coz he said he was going to swansea which didn't seem to make sense but gallen's answer was also not entirely categoric in the press conference - if he was 100% staying surely chelsea would have said so by now but i was fearing a prem club not a championship one  
  • Anyway, if Gallagher does go hopefully Maddison will be coming in, because it's either an incorrect rumour or it's true.
  • The more you think about it, the more ridiculous it is. I wouldn't worry.
    That escalated quickly!
  • So no one posted sweet FA on here before 8pm.
    Since 8pm virtually everyone apart from me already knew it was a done deal, but had kept quiet about it.
    AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH !
    I didn't say anything because I thought you already knew, sorry CE
  • same academy player told us this that told us that johnny williams was out for 9 weeks which i reported on here (first) - not after a medal but  just pre empting the accusations that i have nothing better to do than pretend i know an academy player... 
  • So no one posted sweet FA on here before 8pm.
    Since 8pm virtually everyone apart from me already knew it was a done deal, but had kept quiet about it.
    AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH !
    I didn't say anything because I thought you already knew, sorry CE
    i didnt say anything coz i was watching a film
  • Not that this matters but just had a look on twitter and a lot of chelsea fans are saying leave him with us, doesn't make sense and could hamper his progress. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    same academy player told us this that told us that johnny williams was out for 9 weeks which i reported on here (first) - not after a medal but  just pre empting the accusations that i have nothing better to do than pretend i know an academy player... 
    you did in fairness report on Williams, you also reported that Field was out for the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Something about his performance on Saturday had me worried he might be off. He seemed to play within himself. He spent ages talking to what looked like his family at the side of the pitch at full time. Did they come to see his last game in London for a while?
  • Something about his performance on Saturday had me worried he might be off. He seemed to play within himself. He spent ages talking to what looked like his family at the side of the pitch at full time. Did they come to see his last game in London for a while?
    Really hope we’re both wrong but said the exact same to my family at the game on Saturday. Even the way he walked off clapping made me think he could be off. Fingers crossed it’s all nonsense but I think if he is off it’ll be his choice. Cracking player who would be a big blow to lose at this point in the season but hopefully we’ll have someone lined up for the long term. 
  • Yeah he was clapping us off 100%, I could see the tears in his eyes as he made his final goodbye to us
  • Is what it is. Something that isn’t in our control unfortunately
  • edited January 2020
    Always comes over and claps the fans and is last to leave the pitch
    If he goes he goes nothing we can do about it but hopefully get a decent replacment in?
    Personally I dont see him going he playing every week learning the game so why would Chelsea recall him send him out to another club for him to maybee not even start !
    Would be Madness so hes staying but what do I know
  • The only possible reason is that we kept playing him when he got that knock (v Bristol City ?) instead of resting him. He hasn't been the same since imo. 
  • The only possible reason is that we kept playing him when he got that knock (v Bristol City ?) instead of resting him. He hasn't been the same since imo. 
    Or Chelsea now know he can compete in the championship and want to see if he can make the step up to the premier league ready for the Chelsea team for next year
    Or Chelsea now know he can compete in the championship and want to see if he can make the step up to the premier league ready for the Chelsea team for next year
    In which case they wouldn't send him to Swansea...the story doesn't make sense to me
  • If the rumours are true then in my opinion it can only be for 3 reasons.

1. Chelsea have seen enough and feel he's already good enough for a step up and want to give him a 6 month premier league loan.
    2. Chelsea are interested in buying a player and have agreed to offer Gallagher on loan as part of the deal.
    3. Gallagher himself has said he's had enough at Charlton (this is by far the least likely option)

Certainly can't see why Chelsea would recall him from us, then send him to Swansea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swansea isn't even an option unless they are planning on sending Aldo Kalulu back which is suppose they could as he is normally just on the bench but if they don't then they are gonna have 2 loan players not even in the 18 as they already have 6 on loan.

Freddie Woodman
    Ben Wilmot
    Kristoffer Peterson
    Aldo Kalulu 
    Rhian Brewster
    Marc Guehi

Add Conor to that and their manager is gonna have a hard time keeping other managers happy with the amount of gametime their players are getting
  • If someone is offering a lot more money by way of a loan fee, then this could happen. Even Chelsea have a balance sheet to keep an eye on.

It’ll be shitty if it does happen but we’ll survive. He’s having a great season but he’s a bit more of a marked man these days so he’s not been quite such a free spirited influence on matches. Of course not helped by the fact there have been limited players in the team to take defenders attention elsewhere. 
  • edited January 2020
    He's not been in the kind of wonderful form he was earlier in the season. He looks bloody knackered. He must have played every game. 

Still can't see Chelsea recalling him. They make money by selling their loan players. Bielik went for 10 mil after playing for us so we're clearly a decent shop window. 

Can they be worried about him playing too much? Maybe. But hopefully we're signing more players. 

Has he improved under Lee Bowyer? We know they're really happy with his development. 

If he goes out on loan somewhere else he might not even play at all. Here he's practically first name on the team sheet.

So I struggle to think of any real reason they'd recall him. 
  • Only two reasons it would make sense:

- Chelsea think he’s playing too much and are trying to protect him
    - Swansea/other clubs have come in and said to Chelsea they’ll give them a wedge of cash to take him on loan and someone at Chelsea is valuing a few extra quid over a player’s development.
    Nailed it with the latter.
  • Why would they take a loan fee to risk a bigger transfer fee at the end? Nobody would do that. 

The likeliest scenario is that it's just Conor's agent making some noise to draw some media attention off the back of a big leap in development. So when he is available, everyone knows who he is.
  • Has there been any developments overnight
  • clb74 said:
    Has there been any developments overnight
    In regards to the m20 smart motorway roadworks, not a chance
  • Chunes said:
    Why would they take a loan fee to risk a bigger transfer fee at the end? Nobody would do that. 

The likeliest scenario is that it's just Conor's agent making some noise to draw some media attention off the back of a big leap in development. So when he is available, everyone knows who he is.
    Not sure I understand what the risk would be.
  • All these "links" say other clubs want him.  Not that Chelsea want to recall him.

There probably 20 teams, between us and Chelsea, that would take him to be honest.  Doesn't mean Chelsea want him to go there.