Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• LenGlover said:
    https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/exclusive-conor-gallagher-chelsea-charlton-17562048

He's going to Swansea.

Our season is f***** unless we can get a damned good replacement.

I did wonder after the way he walked round applauding the crowd after Saturday's match.
    In which case everyone is off the way they walked round applauing after the game!!
    It’s amazing how many players have waved goodbye this season  ;)
  • Feck knows what the sunglasses emoji is doing there btw.
  • It's Charlton.

Bad rumours nearly always come true.

Thanks Conor I really enjoyed watching you. All the best for your future career.
  • edited January 2020
    And good possibilities turn to shit/ Something ESI need to put changing that at the top of their list. 
  • Completely out of our control for once?

I can't see the sense in it but who knows.

Maybe Swansea signing Brewster has some significance?
    Or they want to see how he links up with a team playing a different system?
    Football is batshit crazy these days. Could be anything
  • When I saw there was 50 new posts on the Conor Gallagher thread...

Its what happens when you use ( B ) without the spaces
  • Completely out of our control for once?

I can't see the sense in it but who knows.

Maybe Swansea signing Brewster has some significance?
    Or they want to see how he links up with a team playing a different system?
    Football is batshit crazy these days. Could be anything
    Only significance I can see is the fact that Brewster | Guehi | Gallagher were all part of the England U17 World Cup team

Steve Cooper managed that team...
  • FFS if we end up losing Gallagher and Taylor in this window we better have some bloody good incomings or we are staring down the barrel. That's without even worrying about Bowyer's contract.

A good PR team is great but ESI are really going to have to show their mettle otherwise it will be a very short honeymoon.
    Basically AUN what FA is saying is you need to be spaced out, get that special vodka out 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Feck knows what the sunglasses emoji is doing there btw.
    Basically AUN what FA is saying is you need to be spaced out, get that special vodka out 😉.

Sounds like a very good plan RC.
  • Sage said:
    The way Gallen answered the question about Conor in the press conference didn’t sit right with me. Why even mention about a recall clause?

I really hope this isn’t true because what a player he is and has been for us. He has to stay. 
     Nimer could put a bid in??
  • Right lets put the over-playing Conor to bed right now!!

Gallagher has played 26 games to date this season, should he play every game between now and the end of the season he'll have played 45-matches

That doesnt take into account the fact he's on eight bookings for the season and has to survive being booked twice between now and March to avoid a two match ban (so lets say he'll play 43-games)

The big three from Chelsea played on loan last season playing the following amount of games:

Fikayi Tomori @ Derby played 58-games in total, he's two years older than Conor
    Tammy Abraham @ Aston Villa played 44-games in total, he's also just two years older
    Reece James @ Wigan played 46-games last season, he's the same age as Conor!!

In addition Wigan finished 18th last season (just one place ahead of where we are now) so had no issue with Reece James being involved in a relegation scrap
    If this does happen (and it is a big "if" at the moment) could it be that Chelsea aren't happy with our style of football as well as playing for a side that has won one of their last 16 matches?

Mount, Tomori and Wilson were all on loan at Derby last season who made the Play Offs and were managed by their former player and current Manager, Lampard. Abraham played for a promotion winning side and whilst Wigan did finish 18th (12 points clear of the relegation zone), James is a defender and perhaps, from a developmental perspective, being full back in a successful side isn't quite as important. James also was Wigan's Player of the Year and was picked in the PFA Championship side. 
  • If Conor stays after January I will give £20 to the Upbeats if those giving me LOLs for saying our season is f***** will do the same if he goes since they seem so confident he won't.
  • I just can’t see Conor wanting to go somewhere else. Very strange.
  • LenGlover said:
    If Conor stays after January I will give £20 to the Upbeats if those giving me LOLs for saying our season is f***** will do the same if he goes since they seem so confident he won't.
    I'll also take a slice of humble pie off the people who rudely shot me down earlier as well
  • I just can’t see Conor wanting to go somewhere else. Very strange.
     Really doubt it'll  be up to him.
  • It doesn't have to make sense.
    His not our player
  • Really hope it’s not true. But my lot did comment on Saturday how Connor seemed to go to all areas of the home support clapping us and was almost the last player off the pitch. Hopefully this wasn’t his way of saying goodbye to us!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    SamE7 said:
    LenGlover said:
    If Conor stays after January I will give £20 to the Upbeats if those giving me LOLs for saying our season is f***** will do the same if he goes since they seem so confident he won't.
    I'll also take a slice of humble pie off the people who rudely shot me down earlier as well
    £20 to the upbeats if he stays? 

Edit: same applies to to you

• The thing we haven't factored in is that Conor may have decided he wants to leave. 
    Wouldn’t be surprised. It must be frustrating being the best player in a struggling team, most of which are youngsters. However, if that is the reason, it’s a bit short-sighted of him. In a few weeks, we will have a fair amount of players back from injury + a couple of signings, and he’ll be able to flourish like he did at the start of the season
  • edited January 2020
    The thing we haven't factored in is that Conor may have decided he wants to leave. 
    Well you have Bowyer arguing about his contract, Taylor sulking, all the injuries creating a desperate losing run and maybe he wants to go to somewhere a bit more stable. First thing we need is Bowyer to sign that contract tomorrow. Not doing so might even impact on getting Maddison over the line!
  • The thing we haven't factored in is that Conor may have decided he wants to leave. 
    Well you have Bowyer arguing about his contract, Taylor sulking, all the injuries creating a desperate losing run and maybe he wants to go to somewhere a bit more stable.
    Are you having a conversation with yourself? 
  • LenGlover said:
    https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/exclusive-conor-gallagher-chelsea-charlton-17562048

He's going to Swansea.

Our season is f***** unless we can get a damned good replacement.

I did wonder after the way he walked round applauding the crowd after Saturday's match.
    The biggest BS in that article is this line

Burnley and Norwich City have been interested in the youngster, however football.london understands that neither club will be taking Gallagher. The Premier League sides were after permanent deals for Gallagher, or a loan with a view to a permanent deal, something that Chelsea were not willing to do.

So Norwich City want him, but would refuse the loan of a super talented young player because Chelsea wouldn't let them buy him (bearing in mind they've spent virtually nothing this season and Gallagher would cost a fortune). Seriously???
  • Dizzle said:
    SamE7 said:
    LenGlover said:
    £20 to the upbeats if he stays? 

Edit: same applies to to you

If he stays I will donate £20 to the Upbeats, hold my hands up and apologise and not be so trigger happy next time. And for those who rudely dismissed me earlier on in the thread, I'd ask them to do the same if he goes to Swansea :smile: 
  • Talal said:
    The thing we haven't factored in is that Conor may have decided he wants to leave. 
    Well you have Bowyer arguing about his contract, Taylor sulking, all the injuries creating a desperate losing run and maybe he wants to go to somewhere a bit more stable.
    No, just speculating on a football forum.
  • Talal said:
    No, just speculating on a football forum.
    Ok, you just quoted yourself is all. Was only messing anyway. 
  • Seems like this is just a rehash of a story from last week in the Sun or DM. Not sure there is any substance to it tbh...