Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• Just to confirm - is today the last day Chelsea can recall Connor?
  • Those asking why it might happen. It has nowt to do with playing time or how he has.been performing, it is simply all about the money. Loans still attract silly money to the parent clubs . There will be lots of clubs who want him and willing to pay.  The likes of West Brom and Swansea all want promotion. They are willing to pay his full salary and a whole lot more to secure a player. Chelsea run their loans as a business model. 
  • edited January 2020
    Swansea isn't even an option unless they are planning on sending Aldo Kalulu back which is suppose they could as he is normally just on the bench but if they don't then they are gonna have 2 loan players not even in the 18 as they already have 6 on loan.

Freddie Woodman
    Ben Wilmot
    Kristoffer Peterson
    Aldo Kalulu 
    Rhian Brewster
    Marc Guehi

Add Conor to that and their manager is gonna have a hard time keeping other managers happy with the amount of gametime their players are getting
    Peterson isnt there on loan, he's their player
  • Can we get one of his brothers in if he goes, they might be able to do a job?
  • edited January 2020
    Those asking why it might happen. It has nowt to do with playing time or how he has.been performing, it is simply all about the money. Loans still attract silly money to the parent clubs . There will be lots of clubs who want him and willing to pay.  The likes of West Brom and Swansea all want promotion. They are willing to pay his full salary and a whole lot more to secure a player. Chelsea run their loans as a business model. 
    That's partly true but Chelsea's loan model is really complex.  It's not an exact science but they generally fall into 4 diffrent categories.

1) Very young/raw loaned as part of their development and to see how they cope with regular men's football (CG was in this group at the start of the season).  This is about player development, not money.

2) Slightly older, considered a possible future first team player.  Will be attractive to lower prem or top championship clubs.  Will thus demand a fee.  Abrahams, Mount etc were examples of this last season.  CG may now fall into this group.

3) Similar age as group 2 but with no long term future at Chelsea.  Loaned out with a view to getting a fee after the loan.  JDS's second loan with us was clearly this.  I doubt CG is in this group yet.

4) Older players who Chelsea own with the sole intention of loaning them out for a fee.  Would sell if the price is right or the player demands.  But Chelsea actually make money from this. Certainly not CG.

It could be that Chelsea would be looking at an 18 month loan deal with a Watford (for example) or a WBA. 

• edited January 2020
    Joshuk87 said:
    Greenie said:
    Can we get one of his brothers in if he goes, they might be able to do a job?
    I heard Liam is mad for it. 
    Love Wonderwall 🎼 And after all, you're sh*t Millwall 🎼 😈
  • Those asking why it might happen. It has nowt to do with playing time or how he has.been performing, it is simply all about the money. Loans still attract silly money to the parent clubs . There will be lots of clubs who want him and willing to pay.  The likes of West Brom and Swansea all want promotion. They are willing to pay his full salary and a whole lot more to secure a player. Chelsea run their loans as a business model. 
    Sadly if there is any truth in this it will be that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Those asking why it might happen. It has nowt to do with playing time or how he has.been performing, it is simply all about the money. Loans still attract silly money to the parent clubs . There will be lots of clubs who want him and willing to pay.  The likes of West Brom and Swansea all want promotion. They are willing to pay his full salary and a whole lot more to secure a player. Chelsea run their loans as a business model. 
    I reckon it’s probably a bit of both, Chelsea are probably fairly sensitive to FFP concerns after getting a transfer ban recently so if they can reduce the salary contributions they are making for Gallagher (and possibly get a fee too) then that might make a small difference. Additionally if they feel we are running him into the ground because 97% of our first team players are injured at any given time then they might prefer him to be at a club where he will be given sensible recovery time between games. They might even be able to move him to a team that’s won more than once in two months. 

I’ll be gutted if he goes, but ultimately if you sign a player on a deal that includes a six month recall clause then don’t be surprised if he’s recalled after six months. Particularly if he’s doing well (oddly).
  • ChiAddick said:
    Just to confirm - is today the last day Chelsea can recall Connor?
    I’m sure I heard the 14th was the cut off, so yes I think so 
  • DOUCHER said:
    same academy player told us this that told us that johnny williams was out for 9 weeks which i reported on here (first) - not after a medal but  just pre empting the accusations that i have nothing better to do than pretend i know an academy player... 
    you did in fairness report on Williams, you also reported that Field was out for the season. 
    Different source 
  • se9addick said:
    I reckon it’s probably a bit of both, Chelsea are probably fairly sensitive to FFP concerns after getting a transfer ban recently so if they can reduce the salary contributions they are making for Gallagher (and possibly get a fee too) then that might make a small difference. Additionally if they feel we are running him into the ground because 97% of our first team players are injured at any given time then they might prefer him to be at a club where he will be given sensible recovery time between games. They might even be able to move him to a team that’s won more than once in two months. 

I’ll be gutted if he goes, but ultimately if you sign a player on a deal that includes a six month recall clause then don’t be surprised if he’s recalled after six months. Particularly if he’s doing well (oddly).
    Chelsea's transfer ban was for "trafficking children" wasn't it, nor FFP.  I don't think that will be an issue for the as they are back in the champions league this season. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:

Chelsea's transfer ban was for "trafficking children" wasn't it, nor FFP.  I don't think that will be an issue for the as they are back in the champions league this season. 
    Really? Bloody hell, kinda feels like “trafficking children” should come with a stronger punishment than not being allowed to replace Eden Hazard for one transfer window!
  • I’m told he left training early yesterday for Swansea 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:

Really? Bloody hell, kinda feels like “trafficking children” should come with a stronger punishment than not being allowed to replace Eden Hazard for one transfer window!
    It's about signing underage players but I think it's child protection law that is used to enforce it. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:

Was ironic as saw their first signing since the ban was lifted was a 16-year old Striker from Norway
  • Maybe Swansea r offering a permanent deal if they go  up and we aren’t - just a guess 
  • Sponsored links:

• A midfield of Pratley, Cullen, Williams and Maddison is still very good. JFC, Field and Oztumer covering. Would like another one to replace Kayal though. 
  • I have never believed loans should be relied on, good as a stop gap measure yes, used as part of building a team no, the so called big clubs are the only ones who benefit from such, how any coach can organise a team fully when loans could be pulled from under their feet is beyond me. But clubs do rely on them, mainly because of expense, when 90% of the money in football goes to Premier sides, apart from short term it does clubs no favours.
  • Yes, we a few men team and most of them are injured
  • Apparently a Wall mate of mine reckons that if Chelsea do recall Conor that they are going to make an offer for him until the end of the season as they are pushing for the 'playoffs' 
    Never laughed so much in my life 😂😂
  • edited January 2020
    A midfield of Pratley, Cullen, Williams and Maddison is still very good. JFC, Field and Oztumer covering. Would like another one to replace Kayal though. 
    It would be if they were all fit and we actually do sign maddison
  • So if somebody puts in say a £1.5m offer in for Taylor, and we decline it knowing he will be off in the summer. What is the net difference to somebody willing to pay similar for a short term loan player? Why would we not accept a bid for Taylor? Because he is considered important in keeping us in the division possibly? Maybe some other clubs see Gallagher as somebody they need to get them promoted.
  • clb74 said:
    A midfield of Pratley, Cullen, Williams and Maddison is still very good. JFC, Field and Oztumer covering. Would like another one to replace Kayal though. 
    They’re all either fit or due back within the next week or two, fingers crossed they stay fit and Maddison signs soon.
  • Apparently a Wall mate of mine reckons that if Chelsea do recall Conor that they are going to make an offer for him until the end of the season as they are pushing for the 'playoffs' 
    Never laughed so much in my life 😂😂
    Yep they're 8th and 1 point outside the playoffs , only 11 places and 12 points above us 
  • Jamie19 said:
    clb74 said:
    They’re all either fit or due back within the next week or two, fingers crossed they stay fit and Maddison signs soon.
    So there not all fit.