Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• I just can’t see Conor wanting to go somewhere else. Very strange.
    Weird isn't it. Be chose us over a club up north because his missus is in Kent. Doubt he'd want to go to Wales.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Seems strange to me that there’s been no clarification from us or Chelsea as to what the exact situation is?
    At the weekend Gallen said there was no intention so far from Chelsea to recall him, the club are hardly going to react to every single rumour... theyl have fk all time to get anything else done. 
    A day is a long time in politics.....the same can clearly be said nowadays in the world of professional football.
    Better hold a press conference for every rumour on Twitter then I guess
    No need to exaggerate shine.
    A simple two minute phone call to a trusted and established local journalist is all that’s needed......takes no time at all.
  • edited January 2020
    Would make no sense upping sticks and going to Swansea, half way through the season, he will learn so much more here.
  • cafc-west said:
    Seems strange to me that there’s been no clarification from us or Chelsea as to what the exact situation is?
    Also seems strange that it is now the middle of January.  Surely if they were going to recall him - they would have done it by now.  Can't see any sense in delaying it...
     Not necessarily. Lots of things to consider. It’s always the last 2 weeks that teams start to do their business.  
    What if Chelsea recalled him and he didn’t get another loan move? - He might as well have stayed with us.
    Maybe the team he ends up going to had other options and gave deadlines to the clubs of those players.

It usually takes one transfer at a club to create a flurry of movement.

As has been said by others, the January window is a pain in the arse as are loans with recalls in. Hopefully now we have ESI on board we can stop dicking about in the loan market. Gallagher has been such a good signing that other teams are going to take notice. We are a team with 1 win on 16 games (or whatever it is), and a very unsettled team because of injuries. Ultimately he isn’t our player, Chelsea are going to want him playing for as good a club as possible. I assume it will be Swansea, so he will be playing under a manager that knows him very well.

Another thing to consider is the injuries we pick up. Chelsea must be thinking about that. And probably don’t want him over played and want him protected - currently not something we can offer. 

As much as I dislike Chelsea and the way they cherrypick young players, Gallagher is their player and they want what they feel is best for them....we are the beggars in this situation not the choosers.

Anyway, £uck this, I’m turning in to a poor mans grapevine! 

• Early stages of his career with first taste of first team football. He might be hoping that a move to a team higher up the league could result in promotion, which may mean an offer to buy him and put him on Premier League money at age 19/20. Stay at Charlton and he will be involved in a dogfight and no chance of promotion this season. 
     There no loyalty to Charlton or even Chelsea really. He knows his career doesn't lie at either so put himself in the frame for a better paid contract at Swansea. Why not?
  • Early stages of his career with first taste of first team football. He might be hoping that a move to a team higher up the league could result in promotion, which may mean an offer to buy him and put him on Premier League money at age 19/20. Stay at Charlton and he will be involved in a dogfight and no chance of promotion this season. 
     There no loyalty to Charlton or even Chelsea really. He knows his career doesn't lie at either so put himself in the frame for a better paid contract at Swansea. Why not?
    he will be on PL money already
  • Obviously there is a chance.... there’s a clause in the deal. Doesn’t mean it will happen though. 
  • Looking very likely according to Cawley on twitter  
  • Would be shame if we lost him. Been a brilliant player for us! If the excuse really is so he can play for a team which is chasing promotion etc, why send him here in the first place when they knew we was favourites to go down & be in a relegation scrap? Chelski W**kers
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    At the weekend Gallen said there was no intention so far from Chelsea to recall him, the club are hardly going to react to every single rumour... theyl have fk all time to get anything else done. 
    A day is a long time in politics.....the same can clearly be said nowadays in the world of professional football.
    A simple two minute phone call to a trusted and established local journalist is all that’s needed......takes no time at all.
    They might not know for sure, long way to go until the end of the month
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    They might not know for sure, long way to go until the end of the month
     A recall has to be made by today.

• Conor Gallagher has been recalled by Chelsea from Charlton and is training with the Blues first team today. Discussions over his next loan move set to take place today or tomorrow

• edited January 2020
    Bloody hell. They've just straight-up recalled him without even having another loan to send him to??

Awful news. Another midfielder down now. Not easy to replace. We're in a relegation battle with no players.
  • RedManS said:
    Would be shame if we lost him. Been a brilliant player for us! If the excuse really is so he can play for a team which is chasing promotion etc, why send him here in the first place when they knew we was favourites to go down & be in a relegation scrap? Chelski W**kers
    Exactly. Nearly every logical argument you can make would indicate that Conor moving out on loan to another team makes literally no sense. Yet because of a couple of rumors on social media, all of sudden everyone and his dog on this forum has heard the from someone that Conor is off. 
  • I wonder if it's because we've flogged him? If they could just give us until the end of the month we could get reinforcements, then he could test a bit.
  • edited January 2020
    Ferryman said:
    I wonder if it's because we've flogged him? If they could just give us until the end of the month we could get reinforcements, then he could test a bit.
    We've played him no more than Tomori / Abraham / James last season at their respective clubs
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Gallen is working his magic.  By my reckoning we now need two midfielders a centre half, and a striker minimum assuming Taylor doesn't go too. Ideally a left back too. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    He’s obviously a great player but really hasn’t been a standout recently. 

Imagine it’s a mixture of Chelsea wanting him to play for a better side and trying to protect him from injury. 

We will miss him but we can move on.
    With who?
  • Chunes said:
    Bloody hell. They've just straight-up recalled him without even having another loan to send him to??

Awful news. Another midfielder down now. Not easy to replace. We're in a relegation battle with no players.
    I imagine they have at least one club lined up. Unless it's a Premier League club I really don't see the point. He's settled in well, has clearly developed and they're going to unsettle him mid-season. Typical Chelsea. 
  • edited January 2020
    All I hope is its to Swansea or Derby in a way

Dont want to see Charlton having to face him this season as reckon he'd be a dangerous thorn in our side
  • edited January 2020
    Chunes said:

That scummy team probably had another loan lined up for him a few weeks ago.