Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - Going to Athletico (p81)

Comments

• I expect Chelsea worried about his dip in form. Not exactly setting the  Championship alight recently. Chelsea may think that’s because of who he has to play with given Charlton’s injuries. Gallagher needs to play with players to learn from not to teach! 
  • Well that's my logic out the window. Football is so weird. 
  • Might be unpopular, but got a bad feeling Gallagher has initiated this and the Chelsea accusations bit premature.

Chelsea/Lampard happy with him being here and his progress. Has he had a little moan up because he's now playing in a pretty poor midfield with other 18/19yo getting overrun most weeks and losing games? If we didn't have the injuries and were still going like we were at the beginning with him scoring goals and being more creative, I don't know that this would be happening.

Generally hope I am wrong as I want to love the guy for what he did for us in these 5 months, but something don't add up or sit right. Particularly when you factor in there is no immediate loan lined up
    If thats true then the people advising him and he himself need to give their head a wobble.

JFC, Cullen, Williams, Taylor are due back soon. Green finding his feet along with Davison. He's been through the shit stage, now hopefully we will have a proper side back soon.

Could find himself at Swansea getting 15 minutes a week off the bench.
  • Gutted but I'm sure we'll have a list of targets to replace him, who knows maybe we'll go out and spend a little more now than we were planning to originally.  
  • On the plus side it's given a bit of a boost to his price on Football Index.
  • RedManS said:
    Would be shame if we lost him. Been a brilliant player for us! If the excuse really is so he can play for a team which is chasing promotion etc, why send him here in the first place when they knew we was favourites to go down & be in a relegation scrap? Chelski W**kers
    Exactly. Nearly every logical argument you can make would indicate that Conor moving out on loan to another team makes literally no sense. Yet because of a couple of rumors on social media, all of sudden everyone and his dog on this forum has heard the from someone that Conor is off. 
    Whilst Chelsea might have thought that we would struggle perhaps they probably didn't think that he would be the main player in a side that has won one game in 16 and in a struggling and mainly under 21 front six containing, in the last few games, the likes of: 

Dempsey (on loan at Dulwich Hamlet in December)
    Doughty (on loan at Bromley in October)
    Davison (signed from Enfield in October)
    Morgan (on loan at Ebsfleet in November)
    Green (on loan from Villa)
    Vennings (19 year old with no first team experience anywhere)

When Gallagher and the team were doing well at the beginning of the season we had Pratley, Williams, Field, Leko, Cullen, Taylor (a firing one at that) and Foster-Caskey and everything was fine with the arrangement but their scouts probably feel that too much reliance is now being put on him.

We can hope that our injured players will return and that reinforcements will be forthcoming but Chelsea don't need to rely on that to make an informed decision - especially as that decision has to be made today and not at the end of the transfer window.

I'm not by any stretch saying that it's right if it does happen but if ever we felt that one of our players that was out on loan wasn't in the right place I'm sure we would back the judgement of our management to recall him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted but I'm sure we'll have a list of targets to replace him, who knows maybe we'll go out and spend a little more now than we were planning to originally.  
    The other day Gallen said they'd heard no word from Chelsea about recalling him so I doubt there is a contingency. Or else it's going to be rush panic signings.

Who is going to play in midfield against Preston? We're gonna have to push people back from injury in before they're ready, risking injury again. 

Bloody disaster.
  • How are Swansea and Derby upgrades though?
  • Chunes said:
    Gutted but I'm sure we'll have a list of targets to replace him, who knows maybe we'll go out and spend a little more now than we were planning to originally.  
    The other day Gallen said they'd heard no word from Chelsea about recalling him so I doubt there is a contingency. Or else it's going to be rush panic signings.

Who is going to play in midfield against Preston? We're gonna have to push people back from injury in before they're ready, risking injury again. 

Bloody disaster.
    Probably why we're signing Maddison.
  • Would Maddison be a direct replacement ?? If not its freed a loan space up - now go and get Nkeitah or Jack Clarke from Spurs. 
  • Would Maddison be a direct replacement ?? If not its freed a loan space up - now go and get Nkeitah or Jack Clarke from Spurs. 
    Jack Clarke is off to QPR
  • Absolutely gutted to read this, almost cannot believe it.

Being loaned to another championship club is a real kick in the teeth.

• Swansea fair enough they are push for promotion and have a relationship with Chelsea, it's shit but it's how it works sometimes. 

Derby though, who are no better than us and haven't had anything like the injury list we do, that just stinks
  • How are Swansea and Derby upgrades though?
    Swansea are 7th and have every chance of making the Play Offs. Derby have the former England captain to guide him on the pitch.
  • That's the down side of the loan system , they are put in the shop window. I hope it had nothing to do with him having to play 3 games in the space of 5 or 6 days during the Christmas period. He needed a rest but due to the injuries he couldn't be. We would not have got promoted last season without the loan players so we have have done well out of the system.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pratley is going to kick the shit out of him when we play wherever he goes next isn't he
    If he can catch him!
  • Chunes said:
    Bloody hell. They've just straight-up recalled him without even having another loan to send him to??

Awful news. Another midfielder down now. Not easy to replace. We're in a relegation battle with no players.
    I imagine they have at least one club lined up. Unless it's a Premier League club I really don't see the point. He's settled in well, has clearly developed and they're going to unsettle him mid-season. Typical Chelsea. 
    As I said yesterday (first), Swansea. I was told that at about 8pm. I will be very surprised if it ends up being wrong
  • Very disappointing but we did make an agreement that meant he could be recalled in January. If we didn't like it, we should not have signed that agreement and looked for someone else. I look at it in a positive way. We were lucky to have him for half of a season. Let's hope we can find a good replacement.
  • SamE7 said:
    Chunes said:
    Bloody hell. They've just straight-up recalled him without even having another loan to send him to??

Awful news. Another midfielder down now. Not easy to replace. We're in a relegation battle with no players.
    I imagine they have at least one club lined up. Unless it's a Premier League club I really don't see the point. He's settled in well, has clearly developed and they're going to unsettle him mid-season. Typical Chelsea. 
    As I said yesterday (first), Swansea. I was told that at about 8pm. I will be very surprised if it ends up being wrong
    You got any inside news on Maddison?
  • If Gallagher's gone then we still have 2 weeks to replace him.
    You can bet Steve Gallen already knows where to look.

We would have had to replace him in the summer anyway ...... it may be a case of bringing the signing of one of those replacements forward by a few months.

• On sky sports now at chelsea’s training ground - quite clearly him, cheers for everything. 
  • I haven’t got sky plus sky sports news just went to Chelsea’s training ground and Gallagher was there. 
  • Might be unpopular, but got a bad feeling Gallagher has initiated this and the Chelsea accusations bit premature.

Chelsea/Lampard happy with him being here and his progress. Has he had a little moan up because he's now playing in a pretty poor midfield with other 18/19yo getting overrun most weeks and losing games? If we didn't have the injuries and were still going like we were at the beginning with him scoring goals and being more creative, I don't know that this would be happening. He might fancy himself as wanting to play in a successful, creative team, more like the Derby loanees had last season.

Generally hope I am wrong as I want to love the guy for what he did for us in these 5 months, but something don't add up or sit right. Particularly when you factor in there is no immediate loan lined up
    It's an interesting theory.  Swansea wiped the floor with us at The Valley, and on paper we are hurtling towards relegation.  It's a great shame, because Gallagher has been our most creative player this season.  Would Maddison be a direct replacement, or is he more defensive?