Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    Re Prague's thing, isn't the problem that the rights holders have bought the rights on the understanding that they have exclusivity where streaming is concerned, and making VP available will just allow those rights holders to want their money back or make some kind of claim? Secondly, I think that it is a bit unfair to expect the EFL or whoever to constantly monitor different companies to see if they are showing games or whether Albania should be released to VP subscribers. Also, if the broadcasters know they can show something, they might. So if racing from Lysá nad Labem‎ is off because of strong winds they can bung on Doncaster v Charlton. 

But good luck!
  • Options
    Re Prague's thing, isn't the problem that the rights holders have bought the rights on the understanding that they have exclusivity where streaming is concerned, and making VP available will just allow those rights holders to want their money back or make some kind of claim? Secondly, I think that it is a bit unfair to expect the EFL or whoever to constantly monitor different companies to see if they are showing games or whether Albania should be released to VP subscribers. Also, if the broadcasters know they can show something, they might. So if racing from Lysá nad Labem‎ is off because of strong winds they can bung on Doncaster v Charlton. 

But good luck!
    Well....

If the scenario is as you suggest, that the rights holders buy L1/L2 as some kind of bottom of the bucket back-up, then doubtless Mr Wright will tell us. Find it hard to believe though, would think it more likely that the rights agency couldnt be arsed to sell the rights to each division separarely and persuaded the EFL to just bundle it all up and hope for the best. 

if you read my mail to the EFL again, you’ll see that I dont expect the EFL to “constantly monitor different companies”. They paid an agency to sell those rights, so make the agency earn its money and police it . All the agency needs to do is ring up their contacts at those companies and ask “ you want to show the L1 games or not?”. After all, if Digisport were to show it, and my VPN is blocked at source, then you know what, Digisport would have a new customer. 

The rights are to be re-sold for next season. At the very least we can aim to ensure the EFL insist L1 and L2 are sold separately, which should sort out those who are seriously interested such as ESPN, from the rest. 
  • Options
    There are a number of countries that the EFL refer to as dark markets where you can purchase any game. I am pretty sure Holland is one of them and it isn't a long list, so you will need a decent VPN if you are not in one of these countries and want to watch. 
  • Options
    Found the list of dark market countries:
    Albania
    China
    Cyprus
    Faroe Islands
    Gibraltar
    Hungary
    Liechtenstein
    Luxembourg
    Malta
    Moldova
    Netherlands
    San Marino
    Ukraine
    Vatican City
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    There were a couple of odds choices of shot, which usually means the camera of choice isn't available for some reason. I felt that replays were slow at coming up, sometimes not at all. But, you know, I'm glad it's there.
  • Options
    There was one particular occasion where we had a close up camera doing the kind of panning you'd expect the wide angle one to do, so it was whipping left and right at a pace that made me feel somewhat seasick, but luckily they switched that off fairly quickly. I think part of the problem with the replays was Ipswich doing a lot of quick counterattacking so by the time we had a break in play that would allow us to put one up something else notable had happened too. And to be honest, while I like the chance to watch the replays back, I'd rather not miss the subsequent action as a result, so erring on the side of caution is fine by me, especially when the major bits will get analysed at half/full time anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    As usual with every Charlton matchday the Valley Pass was the highlight with Morts , Benty and Minto making me flick my Charlton custard everywhere 
    although it has to be said that was the worse directing with shit replays when action is taking place and appalling camerawork for some time .
    you just know it’s some unwashed pisshead student   someone who was in the pub smashing back jaegerbombs on Friday night , they were all over the oche , crap .
  • Options
    Terry called Myles Kenlock the Ipswich sub Wenlock on a few occasions 
    His old man has coached my eldest at cricket and played briefly for Surrey , nice fella Mark 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terry called Myles Kenlock the Ipswich sub Wenlock on a few occasions 
    His old man has coached my eldest at cricket and played briefly for Surrey , nice fella Mark 

I remember Mark Kenlock at Surrey. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    A couple of things about the coverage today:
    1) What on earth was going on with the camera work? Some weird zooming in to the action and then the camera operator was unable to follow what was happening. Happened a couple of times. Missing the effort on goal was odd too.
    The camera belongs to the EFL iFollow team I believe as their cameras were wonky at the same times as others mentioned that were watching VP.

I'd assume we're simply tapped into their live feed and are sharing it at a higher quality with our own replays etc.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    A couple of things about the coverage today:
    1) What on earth was going on with the camera work? Some weird zooming in to the action and then the camera operator was unable to follow what was happening. Happened a couple of times. Missing the effort on goal was odd too.
    The camera belongs to the EFL iFollow team I believe as their cameras were wonky at the same times as others mentioned that were watching VP.

I'd assume we're simply tapped into their live feed and are sharing it at a higher quality with our own replays etc.
    Probably the other way round.  Certainly in higher leagues the clubs are responsible for providing a (live) TV service as part of their contract with EFL.  Remember, the clubs own the rights for the match videos although the live and immediate highlights are sold by the EFL on the clubs behalf. 
  • Options
    Even without Curbs , that was a great show yesterday. 
  • Options
    Camera work was a bit all over the place at times, wondered if they’d got some college students up for the gig.
  • Options
    My favourite ever Charlton keeper. Have to say I hate seeing him sitting in the dug out behind Uncle Woy though. Just seems wrong,  but I suppose a jobs a job, but did he really need to take it? 
  • Options
    I would love Deano @ Charlton as a coach some day.
  • Options
    Surprised I can't get the NA post match interview for Ipswich match as I paid my ten quid
  • Options
    My favourite ever Charlton keeper. Have to say I hate seeing him sitting in the dug out behind Uncle Woy though. Just seems wrong,  but I suppose a jobs a job, but did he really need to take it? 
    I wonder if his exit from Charlton will be discussed...

If Steve Gritt can take a job at Millwall, I don't think we can be too harsh on Deano!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £10 for that. I personally don’t care who they have at half time, pre match etc - thats a luxury. I expect to be able to see the game and not have the shoddy cameraman ruin it. £460 a year and people think thats good value?
  • Options
    £10 for that. I personally don’t care who they have at half time, pre match etc - thats a luxury. I expect to be able to see the game and not have the shoddy cameraman ruin it. £460 a year and people think thats good value?
    That was a disgrace missing the goal ... still good value though 
  • Options
    Kept me sane through lockdown. Probably the best £460.00 quid I've ever spent.

Referees and camera people (do any ladies do that job?) are the most annoying people on the Earth! 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Absolute disgrace the goal wasn't shown live especially as it was clear this would be the last kick of the game too! It's not even a surprise as there's been plenty of near misses in previous games when utterly pointless replays at poor timings have been shown instead of the live action in a promising position.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    How do people not get that the main camera work is ALWAYS the iFollow stream Home or Away, we send it at 720p from Home I believe so it looks better, we also add some additional camera angles. 

Away streams are almost COMPLETELY provided by iFollow. 

The replays I believe are triggered by iFollow in either instance. 
  • Options
    I think most people do realise it's IFollow.

But in this country, we complain to the retailer not the manufacturer.
  • Options
    I thought the funny thing was nobody commented on, or apologised for, the fact we missed the goal. Not the match commentators or Minto or Curbs. Strange.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    How do people not get that the main camera work is ALWAYS the iFollow stream Home or Away, we send it at 720p from Home I believe so it looks better, we also add some additional camera angles. 

Away streams are almost COMPLETELY provided by iFollow. 

The replays I believe are triggered by iFollow in either instance. 
    Though that’s not the case as those not paying for it watching IPTV via the Accrington iFollow saw the goal, I believe. 

Happy to be corrected 
  • Options
    I say this was absolutely no authority whatsoever but although the main pictures were from Accrington's iFollow coverage I assumed the replays (some of them, at least) were our doing as they were top-and-tailed by the spinning Charlton logo.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Valley TV will continue once fans are allowed back in the stadium..?