Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No more Flares.

Comments

• Options
    What I don’t get with threads like this is that everyone seems to be (pretty much) on the same page - flares are bad and dangerous. Yet there are clearly some who like using them, so why aren’t any posters brave enough to say ‘I like throwing flares and I don’t care who is affected or hit by them’??
  • Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    boogica said:
    Just like say my son is fine was very shaken and his hearing was troubled for about 20 - 30 mins which was worrying the Blackburn staff and medical team where superb so thanks to them , also hope the other people in the area at the time are ok , look when I was younger I wasn’t an angel but you have to draw the line, whoever  threw it  hopefully sees sense and doesn’t do it again next time someone could get seriously hurt , apart from that our fans yesterday where different class like they have been for some time now , we can create atmosphere without flares and firecrackers, cheers for all the messages let’s keep up the atmosphere at away games in a safe manner COYR
    Credit to you b, you've got far deeper reserves of forgiveness than I.
    I'd not cut the perp any slack at all.  It's effing dangerous and it's so rarely the witless perp that pays the price.
    Whoever he was may he fuck off never to return.
  • Options
    No doubt we'll be seeing some thrown from North Upper on Saturday.

I'd like to throw Roland from the North Upper on Saturday.
  • Options
    boogica said:
    Just like say my son is fine was very shaken and his hearing was troubled for about 20 - 30 mins which was worrying the Blackburn staff and medical team where superb so thanks to them , also hope the other people in the area at the time are ok , look when I was younger I wasn’t an angel but you have to draw the line, whoever  threw it  hopefully sees sense and doesn’t do it again next time someone could get seriously hurt , apart from that our fans yesterday where different class like they have been for some time now , we can create atmosphere without flares and firecrackers, cheers for all the messages let’s keep up the atmosphere at away games in a safe manner COYR
    Credit to you b, you've got far deeper reserves of forgiveness than I.
    I'd not cut the perp any slack at all.  It's effing dangerous and it's so rarely the witless perp that pays the price.
    Whoever he was may he fuck off never to return.
    As I have said I wasn’t an angel by know means when I was younger , at the time I was livid , I understand lads like all this atmosphere flares etc , wot I will say to that person who threw it think about it if was your son or daughter ,nice I don’t think so , next time someone might not be so lucky , personally I’d like to move on and forget the incident and hopefully the person who threw will now think twice .
  • Options
    I’d like to think that the person who threw the missile saw the effect it had and won’t consider doing it again......obviously a youngster who made a wrong call, he may well be very sorry at the shit storm that’s now surrounding his mistake.
    Been there done it as an OTT Jack the Lad acting thoughtlessly, unfortunately that’s what teenagers do on occasion.
    My guess is we won’t see this repeated.
  • Options
    I’d like to think that the person who threw the missile saw the effect it had and won’t consider doing it again......obviously a youngster who made a wrong call, he may well be very sorry at the shit storm that’s now surrounding his mistake.
    Been there done it as an OTT Jack the Lad acting thoughtlessly, unfortunately that’s what teenagers do on occasion.
    My guess is we won’t see this repeated.
    Exactly we av all made mistakes some we learn by some we don’t , hopefully the penny will drop .
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Who is this poor old Roland you are talking about...,?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how many games last season did a fellow fan get injured from flare/smoke/banger throwing? yes its well out of line but lets not pretend that every game is like this. 

this season the 1st away would always attract a certain crowd, as will i imagine 

fulham, millwall, brentford and qpr. 
    Obviously not every game is like this but if someone gets seriously injured by some c*** lobbing a flare then anyone who supports it would presumably be happy for it to drop on their head.

Anyone who does this should be banned....

• Options
    This morning Slavia Prague were told to play their next home game behind closed doors after their fans threw pyro stuff directly at visiting Sigma Olomouc fans (all 50 of them). Which is all very well, but that punishes the innocent fans too. Despite being caught on CCTV in the ground, plod still have not arrested anyone. And then there is the eternal question. AFAIK (but I will check with Mad Vincent, a pyro supporter) they are officially banned, and all fans are officially searched as they go in, so how the feck do they get them in, every single game, especially the big games? That to me is the downside of the situation which ValleyGary has mentioned, that "ultra" sections are created, and in some ways encouraged by clubs. There's an argument that it's a genuinely intimidating welcome for visiting clubs. Must admit that footage of Standard's stadium for a big game on a dark night, with the steel mills brooding in the background, that looked hairy ( before RD ripped their soul out). But then when some idiot oversteps the mark like this, the clubs have to admit their complicity, and they mainly don't. 

So I reckon there should be zero tolerance. No pyro means no pyro. We don't need them, to create an atmosphere, any Continental fan who has been over to England will admit that, including Mad Vincent, who came with us to Wembley. Not everyone will agree, but I don't see how else you will prevent this, or something worse happening again, soon.
  • Options
    This morning Slavia Prague were told to play their next home game behind closed doors after their fans threw pyro stuff directly at visiting Sigma Olomouc fans (all 50 of them). Which is all very well, but that punishes the innocent fans too. Despite being caught on CCTV in the ground, plod still have not arrested anyone. And then there is the eternal question. AFAIK (but I will check with Mad Vincent, a pyro supporter) they are officially banned, and all fans are officially searched as they go in, so how the feck do they get them in, every single game, especially the big games? That to me is the downside of the situation which ValleyGary has mentioned, that "ultra" sections are created, and in some ways encouraged by clubs. There's an argument that it's a genuinely intimidating welcome for visiting clubs. Must admit that footage of Standard's stadium for a big game on a dark night, with the steel mills brooding in the background, that looked hairy ( before RD ripped their soul out). But then when some idiot oversteps the mark like this, the clubs have to admit their complicity, and they mainly don't. 

So I reckon there should be zero tolerance. No pyro means no pyro. We don't need them, to create an atmosphere, any Continental fan who has been over to England will admit that, including Mad Vincent, who came with us to Wembley. Not everyone will agree, but I don't see how else you will prevent this, or something worse happening again, soon.
    If flares get lobbed somebody must know who did it - it's just luck that nobody gets hurt. Lovely people.
  • Options
    Obviously don't condone flares and bangers being thrown around and hope the boy is ok. It is tho a shame that they are not allowed to be brought legally in to the grounds or 'accepted' as they are in Europe. They can help create a great atmosphere....
  • Options
    Spanish said:
    Obviously don't condone flares and bangers being thrown around and hope the boy is ok. It is tho a shame that they are not allowed to be brought legally in to the grounds or 'accepted' as they are in Europe. They can help create a great atmosphere....
    Sadly people can't be trusted - just needs one person to be badly injured.
  • Options

Palace are having similar problems. 😂😂😂🧨🧨🧨
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    This is another one of those laws, like using a mobile phone whilst driving, that, unfortunately, won't be properly enforced UNTIL someone gets seriously injured.

How many, in all honesty, will say they have never used a mobile phone while they were driving? (Well, me, because I've never learned to drive!) But, when a lorry driver is talking on a mobile, plows into a family saloon, and kills a family of four, there is outrage in the red tops, and demands for tougher sentencing is banded around.

A ground ban if you're caught throwing flares, smoke bombs, or flash bangs, means nothing. The jack-the-lad that did it, no doubt egged on by his mates, will just use those same mates to buy them tickets to get into the next game.

Unfortunately, there will be no serious repercussions to the throwing of dangerous pyrotechnics until someone is seriously burned, killed, or,  horrifically, we end up with another Bradford style fire. At which time, again, there will be outrage, but for someone, somewhere, it will be too late.
  • Options
    A Wales fan was killed by a flare in 1993. Authorities must be waiting for the next one to actually do anything about it.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24931711
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    we do get that flares are dangerous but boating flares and bangers and smoke grenades are not the same thing. 

its like comparing an ak47 assualt rifle with a air rifle - both guns but not the same. 

i agree that there is no need what so ever for them - as they look shit and are dangerous 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    addick05 said:

It will have to be a hell of a throw seeing as it will have to start first from Belgium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Throwing any of these things is irresponsible 
    small gripe of mine is one someone says throwing this that or the other “amongst our own fans “ makes no sense ...as if it’s ok to thrown them at/ near other fans , stewards or whoever .
    its just ridiculous and especially when most of these wallies have shit throws anyway ! 
  • Options
    Throwing any of these things is irresponsible 
    small gripe of mine is one someone says throwing this that or the other “amongst our own fans “ makes no sense ...as if it’s ok to thrown them at/ near other fans , stewards or whoever .
    its just ridiculous and especially when most of these wallies have shit throws anyway ! 
    I think people say that because flares/bangers have been thrown amongst our own fans, I can’t recall them being thrown into opposition fan areas. 
  • Options
    Just as a side argument wasn’t everyone creaming themselves when someone threw them on the pitch for protests - can’t pick and Choose I’m afraid 
  • Options
    Just as a side argument wasn’t everyone creaming themselves when someone threw them on the pitch for protests - can’t pick and Choose I’m afraid 

No, not the case.

"Everyone" was not "creaming themselves"

Stupid then, stupid now which why CARD provided non dangerous items to throw.

A second child, was affected by the explosion on Saturday and has been told their hearing will be affected for at least three weeks.
  • Options
    I think we can live without the odd flare.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving

i will go back and find many a post of here saying how fantastic they were

@hoof_it_up_to_benty
    i know your itching to get into a spat with me, but i'm fully in agreement with you ive only said it 2/3 times on this thread that they have no place in football BUT there was quite a lot of support when they were thrown on the pitch at home protests and at millwall away. 
  • Options
    @Henry Irving

@hoof_it_up_to_benty
    i know your itching to get into a spat with me, but i'm fully in agreement with you ive only said it 2/3 times on this thread that they have no place in football BUT there was quite a lot of support when they were thrown on the pitch at home protests and at millwall away. 
    I'm sure the majority of people don't want them in a football stadium whatever the purpose. They're not safe however good the smoke looks.

I don't think people are picking and choosing?
  • Options
    @Henry Irving

Please do but you said

"Everyone"

Not

"Many"

• Options
    everyone - many you get the drift

pyrotechnics are bad 

the end 
  • Options
    i believe there was an excellent article in the programme about the issues with pyrotechnics at football.