Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No more Flares.

Comments

• Options
    Just as a side argument wasn’t everyone creaming themselves when someone threw them on the pitch for protests - can’t pick and Choose I’m afraid 

No, not the case.

"Everyone" was not "creaming themselves"

Stupid then, stupid now which why CARD provided non dangerous items to throw.

A second child, was affected by the explosion on Saturday and has been told their hearing will be affected for at least three weeks.
    I hope the other child is ok .
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    i believe there was an excellent article in the programme about the issues with pyrotechnics at football.
    Yes, written by some health and safety geek from Maidstone IIRC
  • Options
    @Henry Irving

i will go back and find many a post of here saying how fantastic they were

@hoof_it_up_to_benty
    i know your itching to get into a spat with me, but i'm fully in agreement with you ive only said it 2/3 times on this thread that they have no place in football BUT there was quite a lot of support when they were thrown on the pitch at home protests and at millwall away. 
    The thing is until people get affected nobody says anything , my son was affected and just found out another kid was affected with the same problem as my son ringing in the ear 
    which will take time to go , I hope the person is ok , I’m all for atmosphere but when it starts endangering people it needs to be looked at seriously before someone gets badly injured , put it this way whoever through it and they know who they are and so do many others  put himself in my sons or the other kids shoes now he wouldn’t like would he ? , on this issue common sense should prevail , I don’t think it will cos we now live in an age where unfortunately people don’t give a fuck anymore .
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    No doubt we'll be seeing some thrown from North Upper on Saturday.

I'd like to throw Roland from the North Upper on Saturday.
    Who is this poor old Roland you are talking about...,?

Some senile Belgian pensioner who is under the delusion that he knows how to run a football club. Needs constant reminding by most Charlton fans that he doesn't but won't take the hint!!
  • Options
    Gutted.
    The wife was with me saturday, she said last night i wonder how the kid from saturday is.
    Told her his alright that was boogica s boy.
    So Henrys post about the other lads hearing not being right for 3 weeks is gutting.

• Options
    If the kids hearing was muffled for a while that usually means some damage has been done, even if it did sort itself out eventually. May have damaged his higher frequencies a bit. Not good..
  • Options
    Predict at least 30 posters on here probably know who it was. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Predict at least 30 posters on here probably know who it was. 
    John Stuart Mill - 1867
    "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing."
  • Options
    This has been going on for a while now. At Wembley something exploded behind the goal and it probably contributed to Phillips jitters before that own goal 🙄 I swear it’s only after palarse chucked flares and bangers around at our place. Doing anything stripey Nigel’s do is just embarrassing...
  • Options
    the one thrown by brum at weekend, a fan came onto the pitch to take it off and got chucked out, was in the west for this game and there must of been around 20/30 of there lot chucked out at various points in the game. they sing charltons a shithole etc but quite clearly was there big day out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    SE7Home said:
    This has been going on for a while now. At Wembley something exploded behind the goal and it probably contributed to Phillips jitters before that own goal 🙄 I swear it’s only after palarse chucked flares and bangers around at our place. Doing anything stripey Nigel’s do is just embarrassing...
    I assume the reference re DP being given the jitters was a joke?
  • Options
    SE7Home said:
    I assume the reference re DP being given the jitters was a joke?
    Can’t have helped
  • Options
    video circling on social media of a fan abroad setting one of these things off wrong and losing his hand ( very graphic ) 

• Options
    video circling on social media of a fan abroad setting one of these things off wrong and losing his hand ( very graphic ) 

Yeah I've seen that. Like its been in a blender.
  • Options

I've seen it as well.  Should be shown to any dickhead that thinks it's ok to use them and throw them.   It's horrific! 
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Yeah it’s grim, hopefully people will learn from this before it happens again 
  • Options
    No Pyro, No Phalanges
  • Options

I've seen it as well.  Should be shown to any dickhead that thinks it's ok to use them and throw them.   It's horrific! 
    Sounds grim, but I'm not sure I've ever seen an actual 'flare' in a Charlton end... Only ever been smoke bombs and I'm pretty sure the risks with those are absolutely minimal and not worth all this discussion.

Happy to be corrected if that's not true though. 
  • Options
    in the last season we have had 

smoke bombs
    bangers
    and flashing strobes

flares is a blanket name 

they are shit 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

smoke bombs
    bangers
    and flashing strobes

flares is a blanket name 

they are shit 
    How often did they do it? Again not being funny but we never did any of this sh*t till Nigel’s did it at our gaff... this is south east London not Belgrade 
  • Options

smoke bombs
    bangers
    and flashing strobes

flares is a blanket name a

they are shit at
    A flare is a flare. You wouldn't throw a banger if you want to bé rescued  at sea.
  • Options

Sounds grim, but I'm not sure I've ever seen an actual 'flare' in a Charlton end... Only ever been smoke bombs and I'm pretty sure the risks with those are absolutely minimal and not worth all this discussion.

Happy to be corrected if that's not true though. 
    Palace away, the year we lost 2-1 after Fuller scored in the first half, we had flares and smoke bombs if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    At the end of the game North/Covered End  Upper near West Stand was there some sort of light strobey thing going off , definitely some lights or stuff going on , anyone else see it 
  • Options
    Need more pyro. My view in The Milan Derby last week, wasn’t thrown on the pitch and an amazing atmosphere. Bore off. No pyro no party 
  • Options
    At the end of the game North/Covered End  Upper near West Stand was there some sort of light strobey thing going off , definitely some lights or stuff going on , anyone else see it 
    To my right, it didn’t seem to work properly and the smoke produced smelt horrible.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    To my right, it didn’t seem to work properly and the smoke produced smelt horrible.
    Oh dear how awful 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Oh dear 😂😂😂😂

Like it or not, they are illegal in football stadiums. If the people that ignited them hung on to them right up until they got themselves nicked it wouldn't be so much of a problem but they sling them elsewhere where some innocent bystander could get hurt.