Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No more Flares.

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    At the end of the game North/Covered End  Upper near West Stand was there some sort of light strobey thing going off , definitely some lights or stuff going on , anyone else see it 
    To my right, it didn’t seem to work properly and the smoke produced smelt horrible.
    Oh dear 😂😂😂😂

Like it or not, they are illegal in football stadiums. If the people that ignited them hung on to them right up until they got themselves nicked it wouldn't be so much of a problem but they sling them elsewhere where some innocent bystander could get hurt. 
    Bet you’d like to ban standing, waving a flag and banging a drum as well.😫
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    At the end of the game North/Covered End  Upper near West Stand was there some sort of light strobey thing going off , definitely some lights or stuff going on , anyone else see it 
    To my right, it didn’t seem to work properly and the smoke produced smelt horrible.
    Oh dear 😂😂😂😂

Like it or not, they are illegal in football stadiums. If the people that ignited them hung on to them right up until they got themselves nicked it wouldn't be so much of a problem but they sling them elsewhere where some innocent bystander could get hurt. 
    Calm down Nigel! Drums get people going, smoke and explosions ain’t exactly family friendly 😂
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Certainly am not a Nigel, just would like a little more colour in the Upper North, no flags, scarfs etc. Bologna last weekend we all commented we’d never seen so many families including mums at a match. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Oh dear 😂😂😂😂

For the the record, I never made them illegal. The problems lie, when the person igniting the flare or whatever it maybe launches into the crowd rather holding onto it and taking responsibility for it from start to finish. For what it’s worth they add a little something visually maybe at a night game when there’s 30/40 of them lit but not much when one has been lit on a sunny August bank holiday. No issues with waving a flag at all. “Standing” I love to stand and will do so at any opportunity, if the people behind are sitting i will also sit. Standing is my preference but respect to others around me will always come first. “Drummer” my son’s father in law is the original drummer and we loved it when the children were younger and Mark had a few beers before a game he really got everyone on their feet. Not sure I like to be sitting next to it all game though. Hopefully I’ve covered your questions. Keep up the great atmosphere. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Fair play , totally agree. The atmosphere at the Valley is excellent, but when someone posts a video of the north stand it just looks a little colourless and I think clubs on the continent do that much better than here.
  • Options
    Certainly am not a Nigel, just would like a little more colour in the Upper North, no flags, scarfs etc. Bologna last weekend we all commented we’d never seen so many families including mums at a match. 
    I see what you mean about adding more colour flags, banners and scarves would look good. Just think pyrotechnics are a bad idea... although I think I saw in Scandinavia they’ve developed heat free flares which would be pretty cool if there was designated sections for it. But bangers and most flares are just dangerous 
  • Options
    SE7Home said:
    I see what you mean about adding more colour flags, banners and scarves would look good. Just think pyrotechnics are a bad idea... although I think I saw in Scandinavia they’ve developed heat free flares which would be pretty cool if there was designated sections for it. But bangers and most flares are just dangerous 
    This is what I was talking about when I mentioned a sunny bank holiday. That just looks like two fans vaping and adds nothing. 😀
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Fair play , totally agree. The atmosphere at the Valley is excellent, but when someone posts a video of the north stand it just looks a little colourless and I think clubs on the continent do that much better than here.
    Maybe rather than slagging off other fans, incorrectly, as being killjoys you  could do something about it.

Buy some flags and start waving them, give out scarves and try to get that going too.  Not going to change by moaning about the covered end and other fans on a forum.
  • Options
    Read what I said in your quote 
  • Options
    Im baffled by people who think letting coloured smoke off adds to the atmosphere, can we just get more scarves, flags and chanting going? At least those arent particularly hazardous to health...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Im baffled by people who think letting coloured smoke off adds to the atmosphere, can we just get more scarves, flags and chanting going? At least those arent particularly hazardous to health...
    Nor is a smoke bomb really 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Believe we’re getting a new Tifo ordered, which is a good start. Problem with smoke bombs here is that people throw them on the pitch, doesn’t happen in Germany, France, Italy , Sweden etc. I will concede it’s not everyone’s idea of an atmosphere but when ever I go abroad to watch games the fans wear there colours much more than here , and it adds to a greater spectacle inside the stadiums 
  • Options
    I did.  Where did you say YOU were doing something about it?

Believe we’re getting a new Tifo ordered, which is a good start. 
    What part did YOU play in that?   What form does this TIFO take?   A new overhead flag?
  • Options

What part did YOU play in that?   What form does this TIFO take?   A new overhead flag?
    Please have a day off 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Please have a day off 
    Maybe take your own advice or add something intelligent to the debate instead
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Please have a day off 
    Maybe stop baiting people all the time, the guys made a comment, YOU turn it inflammatory, and not for the first time. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Please have a day off 
    Maybe stop baiting people all the time, the guys made a comment, YOU turn it inflammatory, and not for the first time. 

Please take a day off from baiting me.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Please have a day off 

Please take a day off from baiting me.
    Touché 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Absolutely none, but very pleased someone did. Anything that adds to the spectacle and atmosphere at the Valley is great perhaps you would agree ? Henry just making a comment it’s a fans forum, I’m not having a go at anyone. Just commenting on ways of improving an excellent Valley atmosphere 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Oh dear 😂😂😂😂

For the the record, I never made them illegal. The problems lie, when the person igniting the flare or whatever it maybe launches into the crowd rather holding onto it and taking responsibility for it from start to finish. For what it’s worth they add a little something visually maybe at a night game when there’s 30/40 of them lit but not much when one has been lit on a sunny August bank holiday. No issues with waving a flag at all. “Standing” I love to stand and will do so at any opportunity, if the people behind are sitting i will also sit. Standing is my preference but respect to others around me will always come first. “Drummer” my son’s father in law is the original drummer and we loved it when the children were younger and Mark had a few beers before a game he really got everyone on their feet. Not sure I like to be sitting next to it all game though. Hopefully I’ve covered your questions. Keep up the great atmosphere. 

How is Mark mate.
    I haven't seen him for a while. 
    Last I heard was his health had suffered a bit.
    Hopefully he is ok now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Sod flares, won't feel we are really doing it properly until we see this.

https://youtu.be/Yx6s-YReOJY
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    Poor girl, it's just a matter of time before a Charlton fans gets burnt, if the morons keep bringing them to games & then throwing them at other fans.
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    Poor girl, it's just a matter of time before a Charlton fans gets burnt, if the morons keep bringing them to games & then throwing them at other fans.
    At least the only flares you bring mate are around your ankles.
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    Difference is that that is a flare which burns (so an actual pyro with a flame) I have never seen these at a football match in this county ever. What people occasionally use at Charlton are smoke bombs which do not burn and do not have a flame. They can get warm but are fine to hold with a bare hand for as long as they give off smoke. The only damage they can cause is if they get thrown and hit someone or a slight bit of staining to somones new trainers!!! 
  • Options
    Why wait until somebody gets injured? There have been some close calls already. The fans that support this are just selfish and sad. 
    Not saying anything about waiting until people get hurt just pointing out that the injury the woman in that article got is not going to happen as a result of the smoke bombs used at football. 

As I said there is a risk of someone getting hit by one but the solution to that is dont throw the thing. If you want to use one own it.
  • Options
    Even if it was a flare as opposed to a smoke bomb. Someone let a flare off at Millwall a few seasons ago, which narrowly missed the ball boy.
  • Options
    Flare got thrown on the plastic pitch at Bromley the other night and burnt a hole in it.