Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathon Leko - Jan 2024: on loan at Burton (p14)

Comments

• Options
    Having a medical at Birmingham 
  • Options
    No surprise there... Doesnt really have to relocate does he
  • Options
    I reckon we could have poached him after the Wendies got relegated and we went up as Champions but que sera sera. :-)
  • Options
    Good luck to the guy.

He did well for us and it was cruel that his season was cut short. If we'd manage to stay up I'd hoped that we'd be able to get him back, on loan at the very least.

At least he hasn't signed for the Massive Cheats.
    No he just signed for the ones that admitted they cheated. 
  • Options
    I loved JL thought he was a breath of fresh air, I know he was unpredictable and drove some of our fans round the twist, bit of he hadn’t of broken his leg, he’d have probably got a  double digit goal return,all ifs, buts and maybes I know, but he did have a catchy song!

Hope he’s got a Tracey Leaburn type to do his shopping!
  • Options
    I see Sam Field is wanted by Coventry, Barnsley, QPR and a couple of other Championship sides.
  • Options
    I see Sam Field is wanted by Coventry, Barnsley, QPR and a couple of other Championship sides.
    Not surprised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Mixed feelings. 

Liked the player.

Hated the ABBA song!
  • Options
    Yes a big surprise indeed. A championship quality player most definitely. His injury two seasons ago was a major factor in the team's loss of form. We now seem to have an embarrassment of riches in the attacking midfield department.
  • Options
    If we get the same Leko we had before then this has to be a positive, playing as a pacy striker to give an alternative to Stockley.

That said, he does seem to have struggled since that first period but back at the Valley and with Adkins as manager hopefully he'll regain some form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mixed feelings. 

Liked the player.

Hated the ABBA song!
    Never liked you more than I do now.
  • Options
    Yes a big surprise indeed. A championship quality player most definitely. His injury two seasons ago was a major factor in the team's loss of form. We now seem to have an embarrassment of riches in the attacking midfield department.
    Didnt we win for the first time in about 17 the first game he was absent?
  • Options
    He was for us, but wasn't for Brum - zero goals and zero assists last season!

Hopefully his Brum form was a temporary slump, rather than the norm...
  • Options
    Wasn’t a massive fan of his when he was at Charlton, but know that I’m probably in the minority. 

Should definitely be more than capable of playing in this division.
  • Options
    Good signing for this level and he has real competition from DJ and Kirk plus the more wildcard option of CBT.

Could also be an option alongside Stockley.

Pleased we’ve got depth on the wings, I had accepted Washington would be the fourth choice, and with CBT as third choice it meant DJ and Kirk were almost guaranteed a place - that’s no longer the case with Leko coming in.

Should also mean we can get Clayden out on loan if the right opportunity comes up.
  • Options
    I think he’s quality 
  • Options
    Cracking signing. Was a huge fan of his last time round.
  • Options
    WOW ! Where did that one come from....apart from Brum ? 

Welcome back, Jon. 

Another decent addition to our squad.