Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathon Leko - Jan 2024: on loan at Burton (p14)

Comments

• Options
    I imagine Adkins will rotate Kirk, DJ and Leko as the 3 wide attacking players, depending on the opposition and how fresh the 3 players are
    I think Leko will play up top with Stockley
    I'm not sure he'd score enough goals to replace Washington
    I'm not sure he'd score enough goals to replace Bogle.
  • Options
    I imagine Adkins will rotate Kirk, DJ and Leko as the 3 wide attacking players, depending on the opposition and how fresh the 3 players are
    But maybe his pace and unpredictability running at central defenders can open up space and chances for team mates to score?

May well win us a few pens also.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    But maybe his pace and unpredictability running at central defenders can open up space and chances for team mates to score?

He can do that from the wider attacking positions. I imagine Adkins is planning to have either Lee or Washington alongside or slightly behind Stockley in the centre
  • Options
    Not familiar with his song…..
    Hows it go ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

He can do that from the wider attacking positions. I imagine Adkins is planning to have either Lee or Washington alongside or slightly behind Stockley in the centre
    Lee or Gilbey in the short to medium term IMO.  Washington did it because Albie failed to do it in the previous games.  The fact that Albie shouldn't have had to do it is a different matter all together.

The plan A with Leko, looking at the rest of the squad, will be out wide. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I'm not sure he'd score enough goals to replace Bogle.
    5in 21 at Championship level 18 months ago then injured and a long lay off before coming back and being used as a sub. 
  • Options
    Hows it go ?
    Jon ath annnnnn..... LEKO
    Running down the Wing LEKO
    He makes the Charlton sing LEKO
    Take us to the premier leagueeeee

• Options
    Hows it go ?
    Lyrics as per Jacob above to the tune of ABBA’s Voulez-Vous,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pacy player and nice chap. More of those crosses a la Notting Forest onto Stockley's head please!
  • Options
    was good at times during his first spell, he is a bit older and wiser now (we hope). My only caveat is that now we have a surplus of wingers ..  does this indicate some muddled thinking by the management ? .. at least it shows a desire to attack and to get lots of balls into the opposition area 
  • Options
    Ironically spoke to a Brum fan last week and he said one minute he's Messi, then has pub player blips. But at fans forum Bow went at lengths to explain how talented he was, and that he's an arm round the shoulder type to get the best out of him.
  • Options
    Lincsaddick said:
    .... My only caveat is that now we have a surplus of wingers ..  does this indicate some muddled thinking by the management ? .. at least it shows a desire to attack and to get lots of balls into the opposition area 
    I'm thinking that Leko won't necessarily be used as a winger.

Jacko will remember Leko and how effective he was driving through the middle and at pace.

I wouldn't mind betting that's the reason he's been signed.
  • Options
    was good at times during his first spell, he is a bit older and wiser now (we hope). My only caveat is that now we have a surplus of wingers ..  does this indicate some muddled thinking by the management ? .. at least it shows a desire to attack and to get lots of balls into the opposition area 
    Do we? 

Jaiyesimi
    Kirk
    Blackett-Taylor 
    Leko

Seems fine to me. If one of those 4 are injured Clayden comes in. 
  • Options
    Hows it go ?
    Sing Biko by Peter Gabriel & just change the name. Job done 😄

• Options
    Welcome back Mr Leko. Now help get us out of this division please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021

Leko is a live wire but not sure his finishing will be as good as Lee (attacking midfielder) Washington or Gilbert when he settles in. Exciting player but unpredictable just like DJ and CBT. He lacked composure last time but had moments of magic.  Hopefully he can emulate the latter and the fans need to show him love, as they should to all the players.  "You, are fit to wear the shirt"

Just sound more supportive to me.
  • Options
    In his first spell I got all the players to sign a Charlton shirt for my sons birthday. Leko fucked his first signature attempt  up and did it again - it was a sign that he was going to sign for us twice. 
     Either that or a sign of his prowess in front of goal!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    cabbles said:
    Great signing. Pace, and I think he liked last time he was here. Seem to remember Tracy Leaburn sharing bits and bobs about helping him get settled, and I think he’ll thrive under our set up 
    As well as this i know Leko was very grateful of the support Tracy gave after Leko was racially abused against Leeds, think he even sent her flowers once the case was concluded iirc
    Why would anyone lol that?
  • Options
    Agree with those who think he's a player who needs to feel loved to get the best out of him. Judging by the behind the scenes of deadline day tweet the club out out, it look like he got a very warm welcome last night and I reckon will he will when he runs out at the Valley again. Something in my waters tells me this one might catch fire.
  • Options
    Thought he was a breath of fresh air in the last loan. Kept the oppo guessing with what he was going to do next. 

Welcome back Jonathan 
  • Options
    He’ll scare defenders in this division.
  • Options
    He’ll scare defenders in this division.
    Do we have a game around Halloween?