Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathon Leko - Jan 2024: on loan at Burton (p14)

Comments

• Options
    I think he’ll be used predominantly from the bench and will score goals.
    I’m thinking the opposite… genuinely think he will be a starter - probably at DJ’s expense. 
  • Options
    Love Leko (and Tracey) 
  • Options
    Love Leko (and Tracey) 
    I think that was from the last loan mate.
  • Options
    Love Leko (and Tracey) 
    I know but still a nice gesture
  • Options
    Love Leko (and Tracey) 
    I know but still a nice gesture
    Yeh he seems a good lad and they have a nice relationship.
    Carlo better buy some nice flowers😀
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I imagine Adkins will rotate Kirk, DJ and Leko as the 3 wide attacking players, depending on the opposition and how fresh the 3 players are
    There is also Blackett-Taylor so can rotate in sets at half time 😀

I’m thinking Blackett-Taylor was signed on a short term deal as a stop gap. Now we have Leko, DJ and Kirk I can’t see him even getting on the bench much.
  • Options
    I imagine Adkins will rotate Kirk, DJ and Leko as the 3 wide attacking players, depending on the opposition and how fresh the 3 players are
    There is also Blackett-Taylor so can rotate in sets at half time 😀

I’m thinking Blackett-Taylor was signed on a short term deal as a stop gap. Now we have Leko, DJ and Kirk I can’t see him even getting on the bench much.
    Adds depth and be should get chances in the cup games. Hopefully he does enough to win a longer deal as it’s good to have so many wide attacking options.
  • Options
    Yep, was probably always the plan to bring in a more proven winger at the end of the window. At the time it looked like Washington would be the other winger and CBT was a cheap option as 3rd choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    No. 18 on his jacket since he can’t wear 14 this season.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I guess we’ll have to see if Leko manages to refind the good form he showed here before, but perhaps that relationship he has with Tracey is a window into one of the reasons why some players, seemingly inexplicably, just do well at one club but not at another. To have a best buddy like that around the place, I can imagine it can just make you feel at home and allow you to do your best work. Bowyer clearly likes and rates Leko but, and I say this as someone who likes Bowyer and wasn’t calling for him to leave, it’s hard to see him having such a warm relationship with a player, and he probably shouldn’t as his boss. 

Perhaps, for Leko and maybe a few others, Tracey is the magic ingredient at Charlton that brings the recipe together. And perhaps he hasn’t had that magic ingredient at Birmingham. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Sorry, but I don't think he's very good. Certainly not the "best" of our signings & wont get as many goals as DJ, Kirk or Lee.

Didnt score after leaving us. Might have been because of the injury or it might have been because he's just not that good & he had a purple spell with us. 
    He did well for us, and was more of a goal threat than DJ has been so far.  Could be any number of reasons why he didn’t flourish elsewhere. He’ll also have something to prove. 
    I think there’ll be a real buzz when he comes on as sub. 
  • Options
    Interesting that there were three other clubs in for him.

Wonder who they were?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a really nice bloke and happy to be back. Don’t think I’ll be popping round for dinner though.
  • Options
    Interesting that there were three other clubs in for him.

Wonder who they were?
    Pompey were one.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Sounds like Leko is being treated as our marquee signing.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Leko career is at a crossroads at just 22 after the 10 months out with the ACL injury and then taking time to get back to his best at Birmingham. The plan wasn't to be playing 3rd tier football but being at Cafc where he will be loved and nurtured ( not by the Cafc critics who will give stick after his 1st couple of mistakes)

Could be a successful loan, but 50/50 in many ways as Leko needs to be totally confident in his own ability to perform.

The 4 "wingers" could have a big say in our fortunes this season and who out of kirk, DJ, CBT (if he stays longer than 4 months)and Leko will have the biggest influence ?

Leko has done it at the higher level than the other 3 but hopefully they can inspire each other and the two that start the matches may well be replaced by the other two late on to keep the momentum especially in home matches where we have been so poor in the last 30 matches at the Valley winning only 9 games. 

Edited: Kirk, not this players that doesn't exist Gilbert ! Get an effing grip Sam.
  • Options
    Really like Leko the player and person. For me it's either the wing back role or Washington's role in the team that he needs a prolonged run in. 

DJ looked very assured and knew what his role entailed when came on, which is understandable. 
  • Options
    Should have come off earlier. Too one dimensional and predictable today. 
  • Options
    Even the announcer’s saying ‘Leeko’ now. Has everyone else been pronouncing it wrong all this time?