Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathon Leko - Jan 2024: on loan at Burton (p14)

Comments

• Options
    Really want him on a permanent, I hope they can work something out. Feels like he belongs here.
  • Options
    Enjoyed watching him improve his game during his first spell with us.
    Welcome back Jonathan.

He had a bad injury when he left us, ACL if i remember so hope it's not slowed him down to much.
  • Options
    League one defenders don’t like players that run at them. Leko will do that. I think it’s an inspired loan. 
    I could run at them, probably flatten them when I get there too.
  • Options
    Might Leko be our best player now?
  • Options
    Might Leko be our best player now?
    Depends how you're defining 'best'. Player with the best rating each week, player who scores/assists the most, player who looks the most dangerous?
  • Options
    Not familiar with his song…..
    Hows it go ?
    Jon ath annnnnn..... LEKO
    Running down the Wing LEKO
    He makes the Charlton sing LEKO
    Take us to the premier leagueeeee

Prefer this to the Abba version!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to be in a very small minority re Leko. 

I though he did okay for us last time out and really hope he does well this time but all this "he did xxxx in The Championship so he will tear up League One" is nonsense. Let's see what happens.   
  • Options

I though he did okay for us last time out and really hope he does well this time but all this "he did xxxx in The Championship so he will tear up League One" is nonsense. Let's see what happens.   
    He’s exciting to watch, that’s certainly somethings that’s been missing from most of our games this season. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Appreciate opinions are going to differ on this.

I do however agree with a comment made earlier where Leko's injury definitely coincided with our poor run of results I'm the relegation season.
  • Options

Leko wasn't great to start with and it was painful to watch his slow and often poor decision making. That said he was on an upward trajectory when the injury occurred and it seemed that he realised playing in a more instinctive manner brought the best out of both himself and his teammates. For me that's reason enough to be positive about his return.
  • Options
    Thought he was a breath of fresh air in the last loan. Kept the oppo guessing with what he was going to do next. 

Welcome back Jonathan 

I think he kept Lee Bowyer, his Colleagues and the fans guessing but Lee was right he could be exciting and TBF we have been starved of excitement at the valley. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

Appreciate opinions are going to differ on this.

I do however agree with a comment made earlier where Leko's injury definitely coincided with our poor run of results I'm the relegation season.
    I don't really agree with that though, our poorest run of the season were no wins in about 16 and he was a constant fixture throughout that, we won the first game after he got injured and within the next block of 15, beat forest, Luton, Barnsley, Hull and QPR
  • Options

He’s exciting to watch, that’s certainly somethings that’s been missing from most of our games this season. 
    He’s exciting to watch, and he scores goals. For us at least. 

Scores for the Addicks
    He only scores for the Addicks!
    etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    If he recreated his form with us he wouldn’t be dropping down to L1. We know he’s capable and with Kirk and DJ around he doesn’t have to be one of our main attacking threats for us to be successful. He’s got the potential to do it though.

It’ll be interesting to see how NA uses him, Bowyer played him up front two in a diamond formation. May be completely wrong but I would guess Birmingham played him out wide in a 4-5-14-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation that most clubs tend to play.
  • Options
    One thing that’s often forgotten is he was a bloody hard worker. 

Not many tricky wingers ran as much as he did, he was constantly helping out the team defensively and being an outlet on the attack. I think we’ve got a seriously good player at this level - one that can rival any winger in the league 
    Completely agree. Worked really hard and was very noticeable when he got injured how much quicker the ball would come back at us without him as an outlet. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    If he recreated his form with us he wouldn’t be dropping down to L1. We know he’s capable and with Kirk and DJ around he doesn’t have to be one of our main attacking threats for us to be successful. He’s got the potential to do it though.

It’ll be interesting to see how NA uses him, Bowyer played him up front two in a diamond formation. May be completely wrong but I would guess Birmingham played him out wide in a 4-5-14-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation that most clubs tend to play.
    Played up front as part of a 3412 forwards the end of last season.  I am sure I saw him as one of the 10s in a 4321 as well. 
  • Options
    Thought he was a breath of fresh air in the last loan. Kept the oppo guessing with what he was going to do next. 

Welcome back Jonathan 
    No one knew what he was going to do next, including Leko.
    I'm pleased he's back.
  • Options
    I think he’ll be used predominantly from the bench and will score goals.
  • Options
    When you look at our options now I think all of our wide players will be spending their fair share of time on the bench. You can start them all and how NA manages that situation is going to be interesting. Lovely problem to have though.