Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathon Leko - Jan 2024: on loan at Burton (p14)

Comments

• Options
    Can he play left back?

liked him. Should be good at this level. 
  • Options
    Well he's not a left back but very happy with that. Him, Lee and Arter should all be great signings for this level.

I see him more as a partner for Stockley than an alternative. I think Adkins might have seen the light after the Crewe game and now we have more options decided that 2 up front is the way to go.

Stockley, Leko, Washington, Davison, Kirk, Lee, DJ plus CBT now means we have quite a few options going forward.
  • Options
    Wow! Quite the transfer window, as it turns out. Excited about our season now.
  • Options
    On paper a great signing and becomes Adkins' proper wide forward. 

Forget about the Brum form and a fresh start and reckon  Leko will overtake Washington as the "second" striker/forward.
  • Options
    So good at this level and it gives excellent competition for places on the wing. DJ can be rested without weakening us and if him or kirk have off games they can be taken out no problem. Imagine tired L1 defences seeing leko come on... Not quite Aneke but will cause lots of problems I think. Looks like the basis of an exciting side
  • Options
    Leko was good in a championside side, imagine what he would be like in a league 1 side.
  • Options
    See @Sage, I was right about Lee Bowyer not caring where he went ;-) 
  • Options
    Great signing. Pace, and I think he liked last time he was here. Seem to remember Tracy Leaburn sharing bits and bobs about helping him get settled, and I think he’ll thrive under our set up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah ha. 
  • Options
    Very excited about this. I think he'll do very well at this level. Pace can be such a difference maker. 
  • Options
    Caps a fine transfer window.
    NA is the man to put the confidence back in his game. 
    Could well be the assist or-in-chief this season.
    I have more belief in the clubs direction. 
    Great news. 
  • Options
    Pleased. I think he’ll score some goals too. 
  • Options
    Pleased he's back. Imo, we'll see the best of him again, this club fits him
  • Options
    Well happy with Leko signing,was a great asset last time out,no one,even himself didn’t look like he know what he was doing sometimes,but it was effective,direct & exciting too watch…welcome back Jon,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If if only we had a song for Leko….
  • Options
    Absolutely over the moon with this signing 
  • Options
    I imagine Adkins will rotate Kirk, DJ and Leko as the 3 wide attacking players, depending on the opposition and how fresh the 3 players are
  • Options
    I imagine Adkins will rotate Kirk, DJ and Leko as the 3 wide attacking players, depending on the opposition and how fresh the 3 players are
    I think Leko will play up top with Stockley
  • Options
    Is he a winger or striker? 
    Lol. This from the first page of this thread.

Good to see we're still none the wiser!!
  • Options
    Welcome home Jon ❤️
  • Options
    Not sure how Birmingham played him (up front or on the wing) but no wonder their fans are happy to see the back of him.

5 goals in 21 games for us.
    0 in 41 for them.
  • Options
    I hope so, might change the shape of team but i do feel this would work better rather than just rely on Stockley to do his own donkey work
  • Options
    Delighted to get him back. In his season with us he often drove me nuts with some of his decision-making but he was 20, in a struggling team - he clearly has bags of talent, serious pace, and overall, was far more effective than Chuks (that season). Tear the league up, Jon
  • Options
    I'm not sure he'd score enough goals to replace Washington