Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    Farewell Tam.

Huffed and puffed but never laid a glove.

I said I'd get your name tattoo'd across my arse if you ever hit the back of the net. 

Never in danger!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the goals mate
  • Options
    Can't fault his effort or attitude, but our (justified) anger towards Taylor would have been less relevant had Hemed chipped in a bit.  95 career goals but none for us...and we know that just one could have made all the difference...  Hemed may not be the #1 reason we're going down, but he's in the list...
  • Options
    In those 9 games he tried and at least gave us an option. Could have been a hero but it just didn't work out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen loads of comments saying thanks for the effort.

I'm sorry but he is a striker and we massively lacked goals after lockdown, 1 goal could have kept us up and thats when you need you strikers to produce and he didnt.

Bonne came from non league last year and managed to score a couple

Hemed is a player with La Liga and Championship goals and experience, he should have been stepping up to the mark when we needed someone to score and he just wasnt good enough.
    This.

We spent what seemed like ages agonising over whether he would be allowed to play for us & when the signing was finally approved we got the biggest let down since.....well, deadline day.

A player with so-called experience who never scored for us & looked more like a non-league player than Bonne. Up their with Nicky Forster & Hasselbaink as the "striker has-beens" that just never lived up to their reputations.
  • Options
    Was he a bigger letdown than Kayal?
  • Options
    Came to us late thanks to the EFL/ Prem dicking about with his transfer, had zero pre season as a result, was carrying a knock (I think?) and was still getting selected by Israel and travelling for games. Could have worked out better if someone had sorted the paperwork quicker/ properly....

His season effectively started after the covid-19 restart, he put the effort in when our leading goal scorer and club captain couldn't be fucked.  

• Options
    Does this mean we can use the money saved on his wages to bring in a striker that will score at league 1 level
  • Options
    shuffs67 said:
    Does this mean we can use the money saved on his wages to bring in a striker that will score at league 1 level
    We were paying him???
  • Options
    Full marks to him for leaving Israel to come back to the UK, when Covid would have been a very reasonable excuse for not returning

As a player he has to be considered a major disappointment though, when you consider other forwards since 2012 who got slated but actually did better in the Championship, e.g. Church, Sordell, Tucudean, Makienok
  • Options
    That is tragedy.  I remember THAT goal against.......
  • Options
    He's off judging from his instagram message

From the first moment I arrived to this club I realized how spacial and big it is.I want to thank everyone, the people in the club, my teammates, coaching & medical staff, you’re all amazing people and so professional and of course to the fans that showing thier unconditional support every week.Unfortunately this season was really tough in general and personally too but I tried to give everything I can till the last moment to help the team.Thank you CAFC for this year and I wish the club to be back where it deserve to be, at the highest level of football. #thanks #cafc ❤️⚪️🔴🙌🏻

Just occurred to me, that the photo he chose shows him outpacing...the referee  :D
    There is a photo taken 30 seconds later when he realises he is attacking the wrong goal.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the goals - the kop remembers 

useless - good riddance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he was a great disappointment .. like another striker (one amongst many going back decades) a few years back, Ricardo Fuller, it seems we got him just past his use by date .. it's still not too late to sign Paddy Madden lol
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    And then Killer went off to Derby for £333k and never hit it off there before coming back to Wet Spam, played out of position mind, before returning to us.
  • Options
    Is this what it’s about now we’ve been relegated to league one and we’re not allowed opinions on players - a striker that didn’t score goals 🤣🤣
  • Options
    he was a great disappointment .. like another striker (one amongst many going back decades) a few years back, Ricardo Fuller, it seems we got him just past his use by date .. it's still not too late to sign Paddy Madden lol
    But then Fuller scored 5 goals for us that season, if Hemed had scored 5 goals, that would probably have kept us up
  • Options
    For those of you doubting his ability you might like to cast your memories back to when we were chasing the two Brighton players.
    Almost without exception Brighton fans were saying how sorry they were to see them leave and that we were getting two very good players who should do great stuff for us.
    I don’t believe for one minute they weren’t being genuine in their judgement as they saw it at the time.
    Just goes to show how changing clubs doesn’t necessarily mean you take your talents with you to a new home and of course vice-versa. I give you Derek Hales from Luton....what Luton fan could have ever imagined what he went on to achieve; and not forgetting our own Simon Francis.

There's a difference though between a youngish player struggling at one club, only to blossom elsewhere, and someone well into their 30s, who might just be on the downward spiral which hits all players eventually
  • Options
    shuffs67 said:
    We were paying him???
    If you’ve got 5 mill to buy Ivan Toney. 
  • Options
    But then Fuller scored 5 goals for us that season, if Hemed had scored 5 goals, that would probably have kept us up
    1 goal would have kept us up.

Other than Hull, QPR or Leeds all we needed was 1 goal in any other the other 6 post lockdown games.

And thats my point earlier for a player who even last season scored 7 goals in 27 games at QPR, we just needed 1 from him

If a goalkeeper dived around and tried to save balls but conceded 4 or 5 goals every game, would people say oh well at least he is putting effort in, no they would say he is not doing his job which is to stop players scoring.

As a striker with 0 goals Hemed hasn't done his job no matter how much effort he may have put in it wasnt good enough if you cant score, when we lost Taylor we needee Hemed as the most experienced striker we had to step up and he failed to deliver and we were left to rely on a player who was non league last year to score goals and he managed 3
  • Options
    edited July 2020