Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    Jealous of him.  Would disappear to NZ with the family in a shot for a couple of years if I could.
    Why just a couple of years?
    because its really boring over there
    Have you lived over there?
    Nope - it was a joke
  • Options
    Jealous of him.  Would disappear to NZ with the family in a shot for a couple of years if I could.
    Nope - it was a joke
    Cheers I wasnt too sure
  • Options
    Nope - it was a joke
    Cheers I wasnt too sure
     ;) 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    pettgra said:
    I don't blame him for clearing off to New Zealand. Swerved this place!
    He might not even see the shores of NZ. Wellington Phoenix are due to Covid based in Wollongong (south of Sydney) and unless a trans-Tasman bubble opens up, they’ll play all their games in Australia this season (and he’s only signed for one year).
  • Options
    Nope - it was a joke
    Is it ok to laugh now? 🤔
  • Options
    Nope - it was a joke
    Is it ok to laugh now? 🤔
    Well Danepak thought it was funny!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Until Covid is a distant memory; then I would likely move back here again.  NZ is a wonderful country I once thought of moving to permanently but is so very remote from the rest of the world.  
    I went to New Zealand late 2019, great place and great people but just too far from my life here and too remote imo. Great place to visit and gorgeous countryside. Wellington is windy and rarely pops over 22 degrees c in the summer. Pretty place but if I was to live anywhere in New Zealand it would be Auckland - only place that felt like a proper city - and it’s warm 
  • Options
    Out of interest how long did you spend in NZ @kentaddick
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    jamescafc said:
    Out of interest how long did you spend in NZ @kentaddick
    literally only a week and a half i think, flew into auckland before xmas and went down via rotorua to wellington for xmas day with friends and then went to sydney for new years eve. Only 12 months ago... seems like a lifetime ago now!
  • Options
    Until Covid is a distant memory; then I would likely move back here again.  NZ is a wonderful country I once thought of moving to permanently but is so very remote from the rest of the world.  
    I went to New Zealand late 2019, great place and great people but just too far from my life here and too remote imo. Great place to visit and gorgeous countryside. Wellington is windy and rarely pops over 22 degrees c in the summer. Pretty place but if I was to live anywhere in New Zealand it would be Auckland - only place that felt like a proper city - and it’s warm 
    I spent 9 months over there in 1999/2000; saw in the Millennium on Gisbourne beach with a few thousand others. 

As I mentioned above, I seriously considered moving there and a mate from my school has done so. 

I spent most of my time in Chirstchurch and the South Island which is stunning and hope one day to take my family there for a long (3-4 week) holiday to show them around.  One of the few times in my life of feeling homesick was when I left which was kinda odd given it is not home!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've done two trips to New Zealand where I've gone for about 3-weeks, first year travelled the North and South Island, following year went back and did a South Island road trip

Both times in winter (outside of the Football season) but will go again one day in their summer even if I have to miss a bit of Football

Surprisingly loved Wellington which I didnt expect before going there, only the South Island beat that which is effectively a playground of scenery and fun roads

Auckland felt a typical generic City for me that you find anywhere in the world
  • Options
    Air shot by Hemed today

https://youtu.be/TiRZEK_FRSU

• Options
    He came off at half-time in last nights game against Sydney FC complaining of “tightness”.  Wellington Phoenix lost the game 2-1 by the way having had 20 shots on goal but only 4 on target.
  • Options
    I've done two trips to New Zealand where I've gone for about 3-weeks, first year travelled the North and South Island, following year went back and did a South Island road trip

Both times in winter (outside of the Football season) but will go again one day in their summer even if I have to miss a bit of Football

Surprisingly loved Wellington which I didnt expect before going there, only the South Island beat that which is effectively a playground of scenery and fun roads

Auckland felt a typical generic City for me that you find anywhere in the world
    I liked Wellington also, while finding Auckland a bit dull and sprawly.

I spent 2 months travelling around New Zealand many years ago, a lovely country and I loved driving around all the small towns and the stunning scenery, but I'm not sure I could live there
  • Options
    I think you’d find big changes killerandflash from your visit many years ago.  NZ is by no means the isolated country it was then.  That’s not to say you’d want to live here, so far from the Valley.

I left UK in 1962 having propped up the railing behind Sam Bartram’s goal for some years.  Still get tingles when I think of him and Stuart Leary etc.

My favourite place in all NZ by the way is Golden Bay, top of the South Island.  We were backwards and forwards to Pohara at least twice a year for many years.  Nearby Takaka is a throwback to the 1950s, no-one in a hurry, most locals with a smile on their face, loads of craft and boutique shops. just a short drive to Collingwood and Farewell Spit.

Back to Temer Hemed.  He hasn’t set the Phoenix alight as yet.  They are quartered in Woolangong near Sydney by the way, with all this COVID business going on.
  • Options
    I think you’d find big changes killerandflash from your visit many years ago.  NZ is by no means the isolated country it was then.  That’s not to say you’d want to live here, so far from the Valley.

I left UK in 1962 having propped up the railing behind Sam Bartram’s goal for some years.  Still get tingles when I think of him and Stuart Leary etc.

My favourite place in all NZ by the way is Golden Bay, top of the South Island.  We were backwards and forwards to Pohara at least twice a year for many years.  Nearby Takaka is a throwback to the 1950s, no-one in a hurry, most locals with a smile on their face, loads of craft and boutique shops. just a short drive to Collingwood and Farewell Spit.

Back to Temer Hemed.  He hasn’t set the Phoenix alight as yet.  They are quartered in Woolangong near Sydney by the way, with all this COVID business going on.
    I wasn't suggesting NZ is a backwater, but the places I like (the small towns in rural areas and on the coast) I couldn't live in as they're too small and remote. If I was to live anywhere it might be in the Napier area, especially as I have relatives near there. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Having lived in NZ for 3 years, Mount Maunganui is the place we now dream of retiring. 

Always think Auckland where I was based suffers from harsh reviews. You have a city surrounded by the harbour, Waitake Ranges, black sand beaches and great surf on the west coast, North Shore and lovely calm beaches to the East. Waiheke Island for wine and weekend get always, and then driving distances to great beaches and towns like Matakana to the north and Corolmandel to the East. Can’t wait to get back to be honest, certainly beats living in SE London for me. 

Oh and you get to go drinking in the Viaduct on Friday evenings with @d@Danepak
  • Options
    Back to Tomer, seems he's struggling. 

P5, GS0, A1

Weird how a player can be so good, then the next season *Poof* like magic their instinct for onion bagging the ball is gone. 
  • Options
    jamescafc said:
    Having lived in NZ for 3 years, Mount Maunganui is the place we now dream of retiring. 

Always think Auckland where I was based suffers from harsh reviews. You have a city surrounded by the harbour, Waitake Ranges, black sand beaches and great surf on the west coast, North Shore and lovely calm beaches to the East. Waiheke Island for wine and weekend get always, and then driving distances to great beaches and towns like Matakana to the north and Corolmandel to the East. Can’t wait to get back to be honest, certainly beats living in SE London for me. 

Oh and you get to go drinking in the Viaduct on Friday evenings with @d@Danepak
    Oh yes, looking forward to having you back here. Will be just like the old days, where the bouncers won't let you back into the pubs.
  • Options
    Wellington Phoenix lost 4-3 to Western Sydney Wanderers last night after being in the lead three times.

A Tomer Hemed penalty restored the Phoenix lead midway through the second half.  Hemed had a second goal disallowed in the 95th minute when he was adjudged marginally offside - by the width of his shoulder - by the video assistant ref, denying the Phoenix a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Coming back to coach Ronnie Schwartz 
  • Options
    Just missed a sitter - he managed to do something almost like a self nuts two yards off the goal line. He has scored a couple lately though.
  • Options
    Just missed a sitter - he managed to do something almost like a self nuts two yards off the goal line. He has scored a couple lately though.
    He scored earlier in this game
  • Options
    He scored earlier in this game
    Yeah by some sort of Charlton instinct I managed to miss that 
  • Options
    Tomer Hemed is in the news today after the Wellington Phoenix 2-2 draw last night with Melbourne City.  After putting the Phoenix ahead he rushed to the crowd and draped himself in an Israeli flag.  He also scored the second after which he drew a Jewish cap from under his shirt and put it on.

He said he was praying for peace.  Let’s hope the authorities see it that way.
  • Options
    Tomer Hemed is in the news today after the Wellington Phoenix 2-2 draw last night with Melbourne City.  After putting the Phoenix ahead he rushed to the crowd and draped himself in an Israeli flag.  He also scored the second after which he drew a Jewish cap from under his shirt and put it on.

He said he was praying for peace.  Let’s hope the authorities see it that way.
    I think he with his best friend being a Muslim is in a decent position to talk about the troubles