Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

1434445464749»

Comments

• Options
    What's more shocking for me is that old Tomer actually scored. Who'd of thought it🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    I saw it live. He got a yellow card for putting the cap on . Apparently there is a rule that you can’t cover your head or face with a mask or hat or other item. Except one presumes goalies who can wear peaked caps. 
  • Options
    I missed the game today but he has looked sharp and fit in the games I have watched him play this season.

Many guys seem to look sharper when they leave Cafc; Match fit maybe.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Tomer Hemed is in the news today after the Wellington Phoenix 2-2 draw last night with Melbourne City.  After putting the Phoenix ahead he rushed to the crowd and draped himself in an Israeli flag.  He also scored the second after which he drew a Jewish cap from under his shirt and put it on.

He said he was praying for peace.  Let’s hope the authorities see it that way.
    I think he with his best friend being a Muslim is in a decent position to talk about the troubles 
    I'm not sure grabbing an Israeli flag is a good way of demonstrating a balanced view of the troubles...
    True but unlike most people with some actual views on the subject, that actually lived it, his friendship with Kayal must mean he has a more rounded view. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    cfgs said:
    Tomer Hemed is in the news today after the Wellington Phoenix 2-2 draw last night with Melbourne City.  After putting the Phoenix ahead he rushed to the crowd and draped himself in an Israeli flag.  He also scored the second after which he drew a Jewish cap from under his shirt and put it on.

He said he was praying for peace.  Let’s hope the authorities see it that way.
    I think he with his best friend being a Muslim is in a decent position to talk about the troubles 
    I'm not sure grabbing an Israeli flag is a good way of demonstrating a balanced view of the troubles...
    True but unlike most people with some actual views on the subject, that actually lived it, his friendship with Kayal must mean he has a more rounded view. 
    I think his intentions were probably good. Not sure about the execution of them though
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    Tomer scored in front of me (not a lot of Charlton Fans can say that!). Beautiful night at the Caketin in Wellington. 3-0 to the Phoenix. 24,105 in attendance.
    Didn’t realise they got such decent sized crowds.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Tomer scored in front of me (not a lot of Charlton Fans can say that!). Beautiful night at the Caketin in Wellington. 3-0 to the Phoenix. 24,105 in attendance.

The home crowd in New Zealand have been starved of Football as Wellington Phoenix were based in Australia because of Covid, and I believe this is their first home game of the season.
    Is that correct info @KiwiValley ?
  • Options

The home crowd in New Zealand have been starved of Football as Wellington Phoenix were based in Australia because of Covid, and I believe this is their first home game of the season.
    Is that correct info @KiwiValley ?
    Yes. Biggest crowd for a long time. Last season unaffected by COVID crowds of 9000 were more the norm. But during some playoff games about 10 years ago there were bigger crowds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Just seen Melbourne Victory win the League with a one Nil win over central coast Mariners. Melbourne have been superb since they got into their stride this season. 
    The Mariners were the early pace makers but are now in 3rd place.

So much passion in Aussie football and Wellington that it's been a higher standard than I have seen before in Football down under.
  • Options
    Just seen Melbourne Victory win the League with a one Nil win over central coast Mariners. Melbourne have been superb since they got into their stride this season. 
    The Mariners were the early pace makers but are now in 3rd place.

So much passion in Aussie football and Wellington that it's been a higher standard than I have seen before in Football down under.
    City mate, not Victory. 
  • Options
    Cheers Tel.
    Was about to say Melbourne City Victory but city disappeared !

Man city owners/brand being involved saw Melbourne Heart become Melbourne City and success has followed.
  • Options
    Hemed wrote himself into the Wellington Phoenix record books last night being the first player to score in 5 consecutive matches.

The Phoenix won 3-0 but just missed out on the top 6, a point behind Adelaide as the season ended.  The Nix had gone 11 games undefeated.
  • Options
    I know our fans like to knock Hemed but he has proven he knows how to score.  Sadly age and lack of fitness caught up with him by the time he played for us.  Even though he was poor, I always thought he gave a solid effort and seemed well liked by other members of the squad which is why I never understood the animosity toward him by our fans.  Now he has dropped down a few levels in the quality of the league and seems to be doing well. I hope he has success in his last few years
  • Options
    I am glad that Hemed is finishing his career off with a bit of a bang, but please don't conflate that with if 'what if he'd been fit for us' type conversations. As a regular watcher of the 'A' league, I can confirm that the general standard of play has dipped massively in the last couple of years, and whilst previously you could have previously put the general level as similar to that of maybe top end of league one, it has now dropped to probably below that of the National league. Glad for Hemed, but if somebody like him can score regularly over here, it tells you all that you need to know about the quality!!
  • Options
    brownbear said:
    I am glad that Hemed is finishing his career off with a bit of a bang, but please don't conflate that with if 'what if he'd been fit for us' type conversations. As a regular watcher of the 'A' league, I can confirm that the general standard of play has dipped massively in the last couple of years, and whilst previously you could have previously put the general level as similar to that of maybe top end of league one, it has now dropped to probably below that of the National league. Glad for Hemed, but if somebody like him can score regularly over here, it tells you all that you need to know about the quality!!
    Hmm. I disagree.
    Certainly don’t think it’s worse than it was a couple of years ago. Would still say it’s League 1 (maybe not top end though).
    But looking at what it was like in its early days, it was certainly more National League back then, I think.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    brownbear said:
    Hmm. I disagree.
    Certainly don’t think it’s worse than it was a couple of years ago. Would still say it’s League 1 (maybe not top end though).
    But looking at what it was like in its early days, it was certainly more National League back then, I think.
    Agreed