Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    Shame he didn't play against that goalie for us.
  • Options
    Hemed has a new team.

I saw a few days ago Wellington Phoenix were in discussions with him and a deal was pretty much done and were just trying to work out a deal to get his family over there as well.

That must have got sorted as he has now signed for them 

• Options
    Oh Lord! Well I hope his goal scoring rises from the ashes with the Phoenix (or the Nix as we say locally). 
  • Options
    One of the worst strikers we’ve had in the last few years.
  • Options
    "In the A-League of the Football Federation Australia, each team is allowed to designate two marquee players whose salaries are exempted from the league's salary cap."

It's anyones guess as to why they've used on of those slots on him

• Options
    Maybe he thought the name fitted him, as for us he played like he was wearing Wellington boots!

Hope for him it works out, but feel too many players are stealing a living. Agents prey on club bs desperate for success on or off the pitch.  

Even a salary cap there is being exploited with a workaround for two players being exempt. 
  • Options
    Hemed has a new team.

I saw a few days ago Wellington Phoenix were in discussions with him and a deal was pretty much done and were just trying to work out a deal to get his family over there as well.

That must have got sorted as he has now signed for them 

That Twitter photo conveniently leaves out his last club!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    "In the A-League of the Football Federation Australia, each team is allowed to designate two marquee players whose salaries are exempted from the league's salary cap."

It's anyones guess as to why they've used on of those slots on him

probably because they couldn't entice anybody better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For a second, i thought he was rejoining us in January, so much hype , so little delivery....
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Marquee signing?  Fuck's sake I know Aussie 'soccer' is low rent but Jesus H Christ Wellington's whelm must be very underdone indeed.
    Is that marquee as in great flappy edifice with a massive heavy stick in the middle, that's too effing warm in good weather and porous as all hell when it rains a bit?  On the subject of the weather, do you think wheezy old Tomer knows anything about the Aussie climate?  He barely conjured up a canter on a mild spring afternoon in SE London - good luck seeing him run about in 40degree heat, or ever.

• Options
    What I should have written to begin with-

Tomer never showed much when the game got in tents intense
  • Options

He huffed and puffed, didn't get lucky with the breaks that nick you goals - and by missing the pre-season, soon got injured again and was always playing fitness catch up.

He'd been a decent enough player in his time, capped at every level for his country, including 17 goals in 37 international appearances.

• Options
    Hope they aren’t expecting much, can’t imagine even the Australian league is bad enough to make him look good. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    His struggles was one of the surprises of the season for me - hoped he'd be able to grab 5-10 goals for us but didn't work out. He was nowhere near the level of his previous years at Brighton and in La Liga unfortunately. He'll probably do very well against A-League defenders though.
  • Options
    I had such high hopes for him. Shows what I know. 
  • Options
    Marquee signing?  Fuck's sake I know Aussie 'soccer' is low rent but Jesus H Christ Wellington's whelm must be very underdone indeed.
    Is that marquee as in great flappy edifice with a massive heavy stick in the middle, that's too effing warm in good weather and porous as all hell when it rains a bit?  On the subject of the weather, do you think wheezy old Tomer knows anything about the Aussie climate?  He barely conjured up a canter on a mild spring afternoon in SE London - good luck seeing him run about in 40degree heat, or ever.

A measure of how good the Aussie league is, is that Andy Keogh who hardly tore up trees for Blackpool and Millwall a few years back and is now well into his 30s, is one of the leagues best strikers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First game of the season today.

Hemed started on the bench

2-1 down at home to Sydney FC they called upon him for the final 30 minutes and on the 94th minute he equalised only to see it disallowed for offside 
  • Options
    I don't blame him for clearing off to New Zealand. Swerved this place!
  • Options
    He'd make a terrific tight head prop
  • Options
    He’s described as their Marquee Signing for 2021.

At 33 and with barely a goal to his name the last couple of years he’s more Gazebo than Marquee to be honest but each to their own.
    Lets hope he isn't two tents in front of goal.
  • Options
    Jealous of him.  Would disappear to NZ with the family in a shot for a couple of years if I could.
    Why just a couple of years?
  • Options
    Jealous of him.  Would disappear to NZ with the family in a shot for a couple of years if I could.
    Until Covid is a distant memory; then I would likely move back here again.  NZ is a wonderful country I once thought of moving to permanently but is so very remote from the rest of the world.  
  • Options
    I had such high hopes for him. Shows what I know. 
    Didn’t we all.😕
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    because its really boring over there
  • Options
    because its really boring over there
    Have you lived over there?