Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why was Gomez subbed? 
    He was made the scapegoat but, there again, he wasn't having the greatest of games - gave the penalty away for the first and Sterling got the better of him for the second too.

Having said that, the Liverpool defence looks even worse in the first 5 minutes of this half.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why was Gomez subbed? 
    Couldn’t handle Sterling 
  • Options
    Cheers chaps
  • Options
    He is capable of throwing in a shit performance every now and then. Still absolute quality tho.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why was Gomez subbed? 
    He was made the scapegoat but, there again, he wasn't having the greatest of games - gave the penalty away for the first and Sterling got the better of him for the second too.

Having said that, the Liverpool defence looks even worse in the first 5 minutes of this half.
    And his replacement, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, has just scored an OG
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why was Gomez subbed? 

TBF when they made the sub they moved Fabinho into CB and Oxlaide-Chamberlain into midfield lol.

So whilst hos replacement may have scored an own goal he is playing in a different position to Gomez.

I can see why Klopp made the sub Gomez was being dominatee by Sterling so he wanted to try Fabinho there instead 
  • Options
    It's not often that a team leads by 20 points a league, wins 28 out of 32 in the process and still doesn't have the best goal difference in the division.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed yesterday, i said to my stepdad wouldn't it be great if City give Liverpool a tonking like 4-0, i had a feeling they would win anyway but that was brilliant! 

I know Liverpool will say 'we are champions', however after all this constant liverpool bias in the media, their fans. Nice to shut them up for one day at least, even if it didn't mean anything. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why was Gomez subbed? 

TBF when they made the sub they moved Fabinho into CB and Oxlaide-Chamberlain into midfield lol.

So whilst hos replacement may have scored an own goal he is playing in a different position to Gomez.

I can see why Klopp made the sub Gomez was being dominatee by Sterling so he wanted to try Fabinho there instead 
    Liverpool had 9 on the bench but no CB, which seems a bit odd. I assume Lovren and Matip were injured, but don't they have an U23 option?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Foden is a special, special talent. 
    Absolutely. Pretty confident he's going to run the England midfield for the next decade. Best young talent (in my opinion) we've had since Rooney.
  • Options
    Absolutely. Pretty confident he's going to run the England midfield for the next decade. Best young talent (in my opinion) we've had since Rooney.
    Alexander-Arnold is up there too.
  • Options
    Sakho, Greenwood, Sancho and Foden.

All 20 or under and playing regular club football at the moment.
  • Options

Who is Sakho? - Do you mean Saka @ Arsenal 
  • Options

Mamadou Sakho - Defender - First-Team - Crystal Palace FC
    Secret Palace fan uncovered... This one is 30 though 
  • Options
    The most exciting midfielder in terms of skill and vision since Gazza?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Mamadou Sakho - Defender - First-Team - Crystal Palace FC
    Secret Palace fan uncovered... This one is 30 though 
    Yeah Mendez and his fifth columnists really have inflitrated CharltonLife havent they!!
  • Options

Yeah dunno why I put that 
  • Options

The interview with Saka after the Arsenal games yesterday was quite nice. He looked genuinely chuffed and grateful to be playing. I dont think Arsenal will qualify for Champions League but it will be an interesting race.

Arsenal v Leicester and Sheff utd v Wolves this midweek should be good games.

• Options

McNeil at Burnley is also 20 and he's been a regular for 18 months. Reece James is 20.

Then we have Rice, Alexander-Arnold, Nketiah and Mount who are just 21 and Hudson-Odoi is 19.

We'd smash the U21 Euro's if they all played!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

McNeil at Burnley is also 20 and he's been a regular for 18 months. Reece James is 20.

Then we have Rice, Alexander-Arnold, Nketiah and Mount who are just 21 and Hudson-Odoi is 19.

Be curious to see what happens with Angel Gomes this summer. He's rejected Man Utd's contract and looks set to move abroad in search of more playing time.

He's another who was highly rated at Carrington so you'd hope this is a continuation of the Jadon Sancho effect where the big clubs cant afford to simply stock pile anymore because these kids are getting restless and want to play, not just earn the big money
  • Options

The interview with Saka after the Arsenal games yesterday was quite nice. He looked genuinely chuffed and grateful to be playing. I dont think Arsenal will qualify for Champions League but it will be an interesting race.

Arsenal v Leicester and Sheff utd v Wolves this midweek should be good games.

Yup, one of the best player interviews I’ve seen for a while. Was great to see. 
  • Options

It’s weird that our weaknesses are in the areas we used to be strong in like centre backs and keepers, and instead we now have lots of exciting flair players!
  • Options

We've had a good group of Under 21's at other times in the past and singularly failed to convert that into a winning senior team though.

It'll be interesting to see if what's going on politically leads to more opportunities for talented younger players to get an extended run at the bigger clubs and top level. 
  • Options

Do we know how good other countries youngsters are?
  • Options
    Currently it looks like the bottom 3 might not even get to 30 points, never mind the supposed magical 40 points.
  • Options
    What a finish from Che Adams 
  • Options
    How havent Man City just scored!! 
  • Options
    What a finish from Che Adams 
    3rd time Ederson has been lobbed from way outside the area. Salah, McTominay and now Adams.
  • Options
    To be fair to Ederson, he has every right to expect his side to not give the ball away inside their own half, given the standards they set for themselves