Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    Just had a quick look at final fixtures, I go
    West Ham 37
    Watford 32
    Villa 29
    Bournemouth 29
  • Options
    Great win for Southampton!!... Really good game
  • Options
    Very good game. Proper, battling backs to the wall defensive performance by Saints and City doing their thing but lacking a cutting edge ultimately. 
  • Options
    Jesus isn’t good enough for City
  • Options
    Neither is Zinchenko, and considering Mendy is always injured City must surely be looking for a left back this summer. 
  • Options
    Neither is Zinchenko, and considering Mendy is always injured City must surely be looking for a left back this summer. 
    Seen them linked with Chilwell. I'd go for Telles if I was them. Although guess they will need an English player but Chilwell at 60mil is very steep. 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that game. For such a good side, City have surprising weakness in depth in key positions. Spending £120m on Rodri and Cancelo last summer seems poor value
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that game. For such a good side, City have surprising weakness in depth in key positions. Spending £120m on Rodri and Cancelo last summer seems poor value
    Cancelo yes but i think Rodri is a good player. Sure we'll see the best of him next season.

City's problem for me was not replacing Kompany, and having a lot of poor defensive options (Walker and Laporte aside). Mendy, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Stonesa and Otamendi are all not good enough. The fact Guardiola has been preferring the teenager Garcia ahead of Stones and Otamendi says a lot.
  • Options
    *Sits back and waits for the bad at crosses jokes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Norwich's next 2 games are against Watford and West Ham. Both of them will be thinking that's a great chance of pulling clear of the bottom 3
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    He's bad at crosses.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Addickted said:
    He's bad at crosses.
    He gets crucified by full backs.
  • Options
    He's not the Messiah ...

• Options
    Lloris and Son kicking off at half time in the Spurs game. Not sure what it’s all about.
  • Options
    I have just found out that some of the bin dippers are moaning that the Man City guard of honour wasn't "respectful enough".

I don't need much prompting, but thanks for reminding me why I detest your shitbag club and it's followers so much.  
    To be honest P, I thought it was a poor show from the City players and disrespectful.

Half hearted clapping and one side of the 'guard' jogged off before three or four of the Liverpool players had got passed them.
  • Options
    Brilliant! I hsd a feeling it would be but still cracked up.
  • Options
    Call that a fight?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus Christ, that goes down as one of the worst games of PL football I've ever had fhe misfortune to watch.  
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Jesus Christ, that goes down as one of the worst games of PL football I've ever had fhe misfortune to watch.  
    Thought it would be a pretty decent game with those two teams and was disappointed I had to miss it. Seems like I dodged a bullet! 
  • Options
    I seem to remember we played out a 0-0 with Middlesbrough back in the PL one year which seemed to be widely agreed at the time to have been the worst PL game ever shown on Sky. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    It would appear that Spurs and specifically Daniel Levy have big problems to resolve. Both on an off the pitch.

When Spurs sacked Pochettino they had a points tally of 13 points from 10 games. After an initial "holiday" period since his sacking, they have now become a functional Mourinho football team. Trouble is that with a record of 2 wins from their last 10 games they aren't actually "functioning" that well. In fact, they have actually only scored 10 goals in those games. 

If you were Harry Kane, coming up to 27 and in his prime, would you be hanging about with that total lack of service? Or would you be tempted to move to United playing with the likes of  Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Fernandes and Greenwood? A United side unbeaten in 14 games but, more to the point, one that has scored 43 goals in that time. 

The move to the new stadium and loss of revenue as a result of the pandemic from not just ticket sales but also the cancelled Johua fight and two NBA matches has also cost Spurs dearly. Would they be able to resist a £100m bid for their most valued player? And how much of that would be available to Mourinho to spend?
  • Options
    You can say a lot about Levy but he never undersells his players. Kane has a contract to 2024, no way Levy is selling England's centre forward for 100m.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    It would appear that Spurs and specifically Daniel Levy have big problems to resolve. Both on an off the pitch.

When Spurs sacked Pochettino they had a points tally of 13 points from 10 games. After an initial "holiday" period since his sacking, they have now become a functional Mourinho football team. Trouble is that with a record of 2 wins from their last 10 games they aren't actually "functioning" that well. In fact, they have actually only scored 10 goals in those games. 

If you were Harry Kane, coming up to 27 and in his prime, would you be hanging about with that total lack of service? Or would you be tempted to move to United playing with the likes of  Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Fernandes and Greenwood? A United side unbeaten in 14 games but, more to the point, one that has scored 43 goals in that time. 

The move to the new stadium and loss of revenue as a result of the pandemic from not just ticket sales but also the cancelled Johua fight and two NBA matches has also cost Spurs dearly. Would they be able to resist a £100m bid for their most valued player? And how much of that would be available to Mourinho to spend?
    Bang on the money my friend.

Kane goes at the end of the season with my blessing.  Will be gutted of course but the boy deserves to be winning things.

Spurs were at a major crossroads 2.5 seasons ago and Levy/Poch never dealt with it then.

We've gone from a back four of Peak Rose, Peak Walker and Peak Vertonghen/Alderweirald, to Davies, Dier, Sanchez and Aurier.  There is just no comparison.

We sold Moussa Dembele, one of the finest defensive midfielders in the game and didnt replace him.  Winks, Sissoko, not one of them is half as good.  Then people wonder what has happened to Spurs?  It really isnt a surprise.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    You can say a lot about Levy but he never undersells his players. Kane has a contract to 2024, no way Levy is selling England's centre forward for 100m.
    You have to take into account that we are in a pandemic and that we do not know if and when crowds will return. And Spurs borrowed £175m to get through this crisis.

We don't know the effect of this on the market but Chelsea signed Timo Wener for £48m who is three years younger and scored 35 goals for club and country this season. Equally, how many clubs can actually afford to pay more than £100m for one player especially taking into account FFP.

Add to that the fact that Kane has had meaningful periods out injured in three of the last four seasons would it be better to take £100m now in those circumstances or wait a year and have to accept half that?

And finally if Kane wants to leave he will leave.

• Options
    You have to take into account that we are in a pandemic and that we do not know if and when crowds will return. And Spurs borrowed £175m to get through this crisis.

We don't know the effect of this on the market but Chelsea signed Timo Wener for £48m who is three years younger and scored 35 goals for club and country this season. Equally, how many clubs can actually afford to pay more than £100m for one player especially taking into account FFP.

Add to that the fact that Kane has had meaningful periods out injured in three of the last four seasons would it be better to take £100m now in those circumstances or wait a year and have to accept half that?

Some valid points but i certainly don't see Levy selling him for less than 150m. He's 27 in a few weeks, and not a striker who relies who pace so may have not even reached his prime yet. Spurs losing money during the pandemic and taking out a loan are probably reasons why Levy would hold out for a high figure. 

Although i do agree any transfer is limited by the fact there's probably only 5 clubs who could afford Kane. City, United, PSG, Real and Barca and i can't see any moving for him this summer.
    PSG don't need him as they just paid 50m for Icardi. Barca would only move for him if they got rid of Suarez and are already trying to sign Martinez from Inter. Real won't go for hm as they're reportedly 'saving up' to move for Mbappe next summer.
    So that leaves City who don't need him unless Aguero leaves, and United who might be better off spending that sort of money on other areas of the team given their new front 3 are all young and scoring goals.

Werner was only 48m because he had a release clause so not worth comparing. 
  • Options

Some valid points but i certainly don't see Levy selling him for less than 150m. He's 27 in a few weeks, and not a striker who relies who pace so may have not even reached his prime yet. Spurs losing money during the pandemic and taking out a loan are probably reasons why Levy would hold out for a high figure. 

Although i do agree any transfer is limited by the fact there's probably only 5 clubs who could afford Kane. City, United, PSG, Real and Barca and i can't see any moving for him this summer.
    PSG don't need him as they just paid 50m for Icardi. Barca would only move for him if they got rid of Suarez and are already trying to sign Martinez from Inter. Real won't go for hm as they're reportedly 'saving up' to move for Mbappe next summer.
    So that leaves City who don't need him unless Aguero leaves, and United who might be better off spending that sort of money on other areas of the team given their new front 3 are all young and scoring goals.

Werner was only 48m because he had a release clause so not worth comparing. 
    I think that the fact that they are young especially in the case of Greenwood means that they do need someone else but more so for the fact that Kane is different to them as he is most comfortable coming short with back to goal as well as playing through the middle.