Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Hope the guard of honour Brighton gave them was respectful enough for them after complaining about City.
    Nah the Brighton players werent on their knees crying, we are not worthy, we are not worthy!!
  • Options
    Well i think it's fair to say Spurs are not the team they were last season. That was an awful game.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think I've seen every VAR handball in every game spurs are involved in go their way ... did they jam one when knocking man city out of the CL last year ..
    i mean ffs spurs give up surely you'd have joy out of the hammers going down a point no good to anyone
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Well i think it's fair to say Spurs are not the team they were last season. That was an awful game.
    Zero shots on target against AFC Bournemouth who have got a GD of MINUS 27.  

I thought the performance against Everton was woeful.  Jeez.  Spurs have regressed 15-20 years in the last 9 months.

We actually played better against AFC B last season and we had 9 men for 40 mins of the second half!

We didnt even play as bad as that under Sherwood.

• Options
    I think I've seen every VAR handball in every game spurs are involved in go their way ... did they jam one when knocking man city out of the CL last year ..
    i mean ffs spurs give up surely you'd have joy out of the hammers going down a point no good to anyone
    Did you see the blatant push in the back of Kane first half.  That was a stone wall pen.  But hey.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Zero shots on target against AFC Bournemouth who have got a GD of MINUS 27.  

I thought the performance against Everton was woeful.  Jeez.  Spurs have regressed 15-20 years in the last 9 months.

We actually played better against AFC B last season and we had 9 men for 40 mins of the second half!

We didnt even play as bad as that under Sherwood.

Mourinho football is shocking. Still can’t believe spurs sacked Poch.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Did you see the blatant push in the back of Kane first half.  That was a stone wall pen.  But hey.
    Nope , only watched last 15 and if i had been watching my eyes would have been closed at that point ;-)
  • Options
    I didn't see the Spurs game but I see from the stats that they din't have a single shot on target against a side that had picked up just 1 point in their previous 8 games and conceded 9 goals in their last 2 matches. 
  • Options
    Didn't they have a goal ruled out crazily for a Moura handball a couple of weeks ago?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not sure it is. His momentum carries him into Konsa when he traps the ball. 
  • Options
    I was sure VAR was going to overturn it. Couldn’t believe it when they let him take the penalty.
  • Options
    I was sure VAR was going to overturn it. Couldn’t believe it when they let him take the penalty.
    It was Man U.
    it would have been overturned if it was Villa.
  • Options
    In real time it did look like a penalty, due to Fernandes movement with the ball, however the replays showed he initiated the contact with Konsa and if anything I felt he fouled Konsa. So I was surprised VAR allowed the decision to stand.

• Options
    I always tend to take the defenders side but that is stone wall
  • Options
    Probably considered not a clear and obvious error so they go with the original decision.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I always tend to take the defenders side but that is stone wall
    But why do you think that. I don't it's stone wall but harsh on Villa
  • Options
     Bottom 3 in the Premier League since the re-start P16 W0 D3 L13 F6 A32 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Last season Cardiff were relegated with 34 points. I can't see the bottom 3 getting anywhere near that total
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Every game I sit there thinking come on close the gap on West Ham, give them a squeaky bum but the fuckers down there are so pony it winds me up .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bruno Fernandes has been immense for United. Great buy considering (i think) the initial transfer before add ons was less than 50m.

Everton paid only a bit less for Alex Iwobi!
  • Options
    Bruno Fernandes has been immense for United. Great buy considering (i think) the initial transfer before add ons was less than 50m.

I went to the Nations League Final in Porto and he stood out that night. Cannot believe Spurs didn’t buy him and opted to loan La Celso instead. Sums Levy up.
  • Options

He won't get POTY as he's only been there half a season, but has any player individually transformed a side more than Fernandes this season?
  • Options

He won't get POTY as he's only been there half a season, but has any player individually transformed a side more than Fernandes this season?
    Fernandes has definitely helped but i think their overall team is stronger. 

Pogba missed most of the season and returned properly when the season restarted. Greenwood has also returned from lockdown looking more like a man than a kid, he seems to have spent the 3 months doing solid weight training.

They look good for next season.
  • Options

Fernandes has definitely helped but i think their overall team is stronger. 

Pogba missed most of the season and returned properly when the season restarted. Greenwood has also returned from lockdown looking more like a man than a kid, he seems to have spent the 3 months doing solid weight training.

They look good for next season.
    They’ve been good but their last 3 games have all been against relegation fodder. Be interesting to see how players like Greenwood do against the big boys.
  • Options
    All this hype around united is boring, anyone would think they are beating the best teams, since restart they have had easy games:
    Spurs (draw) Normally could be tough but they are awful at present, they have got a few players back but for some reason just haven't done anything.
    Sheff U (ok they are near the top, but haven't really picked up where they left off either)
    Norwich, Brighton, Bournemouth, I rest my case!

Next season people are saying they will challenge, they are still way behind City/ Liverpool.

Granted they have been scoring for fun and have some talented players, but they haven't really had any big wins (in my opinion) on paper they are all games they should brush aside. Maybe im just being sour and bias as i hate em, just as bad as liverpool and all the fans have come out of the woodwork all of a sudden. 

• Options
    All this hype around united is boring, anyone would think they are beating the best teams, since restart they have had easy games:
    Spurs (draw) Normally could be tough but they are awful at present, they have got a few players back but for some reason just haven't done anything.
    Sheff U (ok they are near the top, but haven't really picked up where they left off either)
    Norwich, Brighton, Bournemouth, I rest my case!

Next season people are saying they will challenge, they are still way behind City/ Liverpool.

Granted they have been scoring for fun and have some talented players, but they haven't really had any big wins (in my opinion) on paper they are all games they should brush aside. Maybe im just being sour and bias as i hate em, just as bad as liverpool and all the fans have come out of the woodwork all of a sudden. 

Since Fernandes joined at the end of January they've won 7 and drawn 3 PL games, including wins over City and Chelsea

Big wins in the Europa League and into the semis of the FA Cup

I think next year's PL will be really exciting, with Utd and Chelsea much closer to Liverpool and City

Spurs and Arsenal are badly being left behind
  • Options
    Can’t see anyone getting near Liverpool for a couple of seasons at least 
  • Options
    Can’t see anyone getting near Liverpool for a couple of seasons at least 
    I think City will be back on it, obviously defence wins titles but i still reckon they will be back with a bang!