Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    Can’t see anyone getting near Liverpool for a couple of seasons at least 
    I think City will be back on it, obviously defence wins titles but i still reckon they will be back with a bang! 
    Especially as without european football it will be their top priority and no CL will also keep players fresher in what will be an already compact season 
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1281513494785912833?s=21

Oh the timing of this is absolutely priceless <facepalm>
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1281513494785912833?s=21

Oh the timing of this is absolutely priceless <facepalm>
    The kiss of death for any club...

Praying for a combined Palace/Millwall Netflix series next season
  • Options
    I think City will be back on it, obviously defence wins titles but i still reckon they will be back with a bang! 
    Especially as without european football it will be their top priority and no CL will also keep players fresher in what will be an already compact season 

Think Foden is primed to have a big season for them. With the Euros being knocked back I have already pencilled him straight in to the England midfield for our opening game.

Four players in Foden, Sterling, Sancho and Kane who will help us compete with anyone.
  • Options
    People are talking about Liverpool not needing to strengthen, how will they cope in January without Mane, Salah, Keita and Matip if they don't.

Man City were alot further behind Liverpool this season because of defensive mistakes as they haven't replaced Kompany, i can see them addressing that in the summer.

Pogba and Fernandes have rejuvenated Man Utd

Werner and Ziyech will rip the Premier league apart next season add to that the possibility of Havertz as well Chelsea will look strong

Dont think Liverpool will have it easy next year 
  • Options
    People are talking about Liverpool not needing to strengthen, how will they cope in January without Mane, Salah, Keita and Matip if they don't.

Man City were alot further behind Liverpool this season because of defensive mistakes as they haven't replaced Kompany, i can see them addressing that in the summer.

Werner and Ziyech will rip the Premier league apart next season add to that the possibility of Havertz as well Chelsea will look strong

Assuming you're referring to the African Nations cup, it's been moved to 2022 so Liverpool will be fine next season.
  • Options
    City need some on field leadership, missing Kompany and Delph to keep people honest on the pitch, KDB was doing a bit of it since the restart, but I don't know where that comes from in that team
  • Options

Assuming you're referring to the African Nations cup, it's been moved to 2022 so Liverpool will be fine next season.
    Ah I missed that.

Still think it wont be straight forward next season with City, United and Chelsea looking better
  • Options
    Liverpool have a very strong first X1 but need to add quality in reserve - they have been incredibly fortunate with injuries with 8 of their "best" 10 outfield players (TAA, Robertson, Van Dijk, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah and Firminho) playing at least 30 of the 34 games to date.

City are weak at CB and will need to recruit. By comparison, Van Dijk, who has played every single game, has had a massive influence on Liverpool's success - they have won 14 of their 34 games by a single goal and with the least number of goals conceded too - and a serious injury to him would, undoubtedly, have some impact. Equally, who is the realistic back up to their front three?

All great teams buy two or three players to strengthen and keep their existing squad fresh. Those signings by Liverpool may prove to be decisive. United have been in the best form in the PL for the last dozen games following the signing of Fernandes, return of Pogba and emergence of Greenwood. They will close the gap on the other two.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Liverpool have a very strong first X1 but need to add quality in reserve - they have been incredibly fortunate with injuries with 8 of their "best" 10 outfield players (TAA, Robertson, Van Dijk, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah and Firminho) playing at least 30 of the 34 games to date.

City are weak at CB and will need to recruit. By comparison, Van Dijk, who has played every single game, has had a massive influence on Liverpool's success - they have won 14 of their 34 games by a single goal and with the least number of goals conceded too - and a serious injury to him would, undoubtedly, have some impact. Equally, who is the realistic back up to their front three?

All great teams buy two or three players to strengthen and keep their existing squad fresh. Those signings by Liverpool may prove to be decisive. United have been in the best form in the PL for the last dozen games following the signing of Fernandes, return of Pogba and emergence of Greenwood. They will close the gap on the other two.
    Signings are important, but if you have youngsters coming through, that's important as well. I knew Greenwood was good, but never expected him to be SO good already

Positions like CB are where you need experience. There does seem to be a relative global shortage of top class CBs, who can do all the nice passing/creative stuff but also defend properly

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Liverpool have Harry Wilson on loan at Bournemouth and Brewster at Swansea. After decent loans, both of them would possibly progress to be backups next season? 
  • Options
    Liverpool have 92 points from 34 games and people are doubting their credentials for next season!
  • Options
    Liverpool have 92 points from 34 games and people are doubting their credentials for next season!
    Are they Gary? I think merely pointing out that the opposition next season will be a lot stronger. 

Hate them with a passion like yourself though. 
  • Options
    When you look at the amazing points totals Liverpool have scored last two years and Man City the two previous seasons, is it a sign that they are really good or a reflection the league is not that good ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    When you look at the amazing points totals Liverpool have scored last two years and Man City the two previous seasons, is it a sign that they are really good or a reflection the league is not that good ? 
    Bit of both, but certainly when the bottom 3 haven’t won a single game between them since restart, it’s not the great league that a lot of people talk about. 
  • Options

Liverpool have Harry Wilson on loan at Bournemouth and Brewster at Swansea. After decent loans, both of them would possibly progress to be backups next season? 
    I'm really not convinced about those two - we are talking about players who must be able to step into the shoes of the Liverpool front three and perform at a level close to somewhere near the ones they are replacing. Harry Wilson isn't even an automatic pick for a side that is destined to be relegated whilst Brewster has only started 15 Championship matches and never even played in the Premier League.

The City strength is their midfield where they have any number of ready made replacements. Foden has been groomed as David Silva's successor and is ready to take that opportunity. Jesus is no Aguero but he has still "chipped in" with 19  goals in all competitions and along with Mahrez, Foden, Bernardo Silva and Sterling they have managed 75 between them. But they need a leader at the back.

Liverpool I'm sure will buy a fourth striker because Origi (6 lifetime PL goals) isn't a substitute for a front three that have scored 156 PL goals in the last three seasons. But they do not have anyone who is ready to fill Van Dijk's shoes which is why he has had to start every single PL game for the last two seasons - the fact that he hasn't been ruled out for any is where there have been "lucky". Those 14 one goal victories are evidence of that.

If City were to buy a quality CB and United landed Harry Kane then we really would have three potential challengers. And lets face it - the PL needs it.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    So you think that if next season Laporte plays every PL games as Van Dijk did this season and VD only starts 11 games as Laporte did for City that the gap between those two teams would not have been much, much closer?

No one is saying that they don't have a favourite's chance. But they are so reliant on VD and that front three (156 goals in the last three seasons) that there is no guarantee that they will either play at the same level or be fit enough to do so.
  • Options
    So you think that if next season Laporte plays every PL games as Van Dijk did this season and VD only starts 11 games as Laporte did for City that the gap between those two teams would not have been much, much closer?

No one is saying that they don't have a favourite's chance. But they are so reliant on VD and that front three (156 goals in the last three seasons) that there is no guarantee that they will either play at the same level or be fit enough to do so.
    I've actually got that wrong - bookies make City are the favourites at 11/10 and Liverpool are a best priced 13/8 to win the PL next season. There is nothing hidden so far as the credentials of both sides are concerned so why aren't Liverpool favourites based on this record winning season?
  • Options
    Norwich relegated already after crashing 4-0 to West Ham, and with Watford winning as well the bottom 3 look stranded. Not a classic end to the PL season, with just the CL spots to be decided
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon Liverpool will only tie with City now.

Beat Arsenal 
    Draw to Chelsea
    Beat Newcastle 

Finish on 100 points
  • Options
    Bottom 3 are toast now.
  • Options
    Liverpool blow the chance to become the first ever Premier league team to win every home game in a season.
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Bottom 3 are toast now.
    Yep, pretty boring season. No title race and no relegation battle.
  • Options
    Liverpool blow the chance to become the first ever Premier league team to win every home game in a season.
    Day of mourning tomorrow then?
  • Options
    To me it's the media pushing all these records, rather than Klopp or Liverpool, to try and keep some sort of excitement when Liverpool matches are on TV
  • Options
    Sheffield United back to them old selves again
  • Options
    To me it's the media pushing all these records, rather than Klopp or Liverpool, to try and keep some sort of excitement when Liverpool matches are on TV
    Possibly but to beat all the top sides and then get so close to the record, only to blow it v Burnley must be quite disappointing.

No top flight side has won every home game in a season since 1892.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Chris Wilder is my Manager of the Year.

Performing miracles with his Sheffield United squad.
    And to think he could have been managing us had us fans not been slagging him off online

What might have been Miss Meire