Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    It felt like the whole game all pundits were just glorifying United. Other than the two goals did they even test the saints keeper? 

They were 2-1 up at home. With a supposed electrifying front 4. Yet imo Southampton were for me the better team over 90 minutes. Fair enough they went down to 10. But 10 men should defend that corner. No disrespect to Southampton but if that was City or Liverpool, at 2-1 they are going for the kill. That’s why United aren’t challenging. 
  • Options
    It felt like the whole game all pundits were just glorifying United. Other than the two goals did they even test the saints keeper? 

They were 2-1 up at home. With a supposed electrifying front 4. Yet imo Southampton were for me the better team over 90 minutes. Fair enough they went down to 10. But 10 men should defend that corner. No disrespect to Southampton but if that was City or Liverpool, at 2-1 they are going for the kill. That’s why United aren’t challenging. 
    You mean the same Man City that couldn't put one past Southampton last week despite having over 25 shots, as others have said Southampton are playing well atm and shouldn't be taken lightly 
  • Options

You mean the same Man City that couldn't put one past Southampton last week despite having over 25 shots, as others have said Southampton are playing well atm and shouldn't be taken lightly 
    Yeah I acknowledge that. But at the time, City were losing. City play that game and have 25 shots at goal and 9/10 they win. My point is the whole narrative of United challenging next season is ott. United had the lead and if City or Liverpool have the lead, they don’t try and contain. That, imo is why they will challenge and United won’t. Southampton though, have been a revelation since that Leicester game. 
  • Options
    There's always talk at this time of year of wanting to play teams with nothing to play for, but Soton today also showed the flipside when your opponent is playing without fear and with nothing to lose
  • Options
    Race for the champions league is very interesting now.

Chelsea 60 points +14 GD
    Norwich home
    Liverpool away
    Wolves home

Leicester 59 points + 29 GD
    Sheff Utd home
    Spurs away
    Man Utd home

Man utd 59 points + 26 GD
    Palace away
    West ham home
    Leicester away

Chelsea also face United in the FA Cup semi final too, to add to those fixtures.

Assuming Chelsea beat Norwich tonight, it will be interesting if Leicester and United both win their next 2 and Chelsea lose at Liverpool. We could then see a last day 'fixed' draw at Leicester where both qualify and Chelsea miss out on goal difference.
  • Options
    Race for the champions league is very interesting now.

Chelsea 60 points +14 GD
    Norwich home
    Liverpool away
    Wolves home

Leicester 59 points + 29 GD
    Sheff Utd home
    Spurs away
    Man Utd home

Man utd 59 points + 26 GD
    Palace away
    West ham home
    Leicester away

Chelsea also face United in the FA Cup semi final too, to add to those fixtures.

Assuming Chelsea beat Norwich tonight, it will be interesting if Leicester and United both win their next 2 and Chelsea lose at Liverpool. We could then see a last day 'fixed' draw at Leicester where both qualify and Chelsea miss out on goal difference.
    Chelsea also have to play Wolves, Leicester have to play Sheffield United and Spurs

Man U's run in looks easiest to me. Palace seem to be on the beach, West Ham should be beatable
  • Options
    Great that current 3rd-6th play each other in final games.
  • Options
    I don't think that Norwich can consider themselves unlucky to be going down this season.

Number Of - Rank:

Wins - 20th
    Defeats - 20th
    Goals Conceded - 20th
    Goals Scored - 20th
    Shots On Target Faced - 20th
    Set-Piece Goals Conceded - 20th

But oh what we would give to be in their position and have their owners!
  • Options
    I don't think that Norwich can consider themselves unlucky to be going down this season.

Number Of - Rank:

Wins - 20th
    Defeats - 20th
    Goals Conceded - 20th
    Goals Scored - 20th

Norwich had ropey finances, and have used this PL season to restore them and give themselves a strong base for the future. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Number Of - Rank:

Wins - 20th
    Defeats - 20th
    Goals Conceded - 20th
    Goals Scored - 20th

Odd thing i saw on Sky sports news this morning, Buendia + Grealish were both in top 3 for chances created. Shows how important it is to have a proper goalscorer. Pukki started off well, Villa in the same boat really. Bournemouth have spells.
  • Options

Number Of - Rank:

Wins - 20th
    Defeats - 20th
    Goals Conceded - 20th
    Goals Scored - 20th

Norwich had ropey finances, and have used this PL season to restore them and give themselves a strong base for the future. 
    There is a really pathetic article from Martin Samuel released last night stating that Norwich should be ashamed of themselves for their Premier League efforts this season

Even highlights that whilst its great they've got all that money now, it doesnt give their fans Premier League status next season

In reality the complete reverse is true, especially in the current economic climate... Should Football go as bust as expected (or even worse) then Norwich will be one of a few teams who'd come out the other end in a position that is by far better than that of anyone else, doesnt just mean they'll be secure on the Football pitch but means that jobs should hopefully be safe @ Carrow Road and their training complex etc.

Am sorry but if thats a selfish approach from Norwich then good on them!!

Certainly better to do what they did rather than Aston Villa who spent £160m which is putting them right back where they were

Haha West ham 
    See you next season 
    I look forward to a similar article from him, when the Hammers get relegated, God willing.
  • Options

Number Of - Rank:

Wins - 20th
    Defeats - 20th
    Goals Conceded - 20th
    Goals Scored - 20th

By their own admission, Norwichs chief executive(?) said they sent their manager 'into war without a gun'. Said his job is safe. Sensibly run club,sorted themselves out with a year in the Prem. Well done them i say.
  • Options
    Transfer window opens July 27 and closes October 5th. For two weeks after the close Premier clubs can do deals with EFL clubs but not Premier clubs
  • Options
    Serge Aurier .. Spurs .. His brother has been shot dead in southern France 
    and he starts for Spurs tonight.  Blimey.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    Aston Villa have taken the lead

One point from safety now.

If Watford can beat West Ham 

Then u expect Man Utd to also beat West Ham and Villa v West Ham would be a crucial final game
  • Options
    Konsa with the goal
  • Options
    Couldn’t hold the lead it seems
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Balls 1-1
  • Options
    Argh Konsa couldnt quite connect with it on the line
  • Options
    These teams at the bottom conceding late equalisers...
  • Options
    Charlton Villa 
  • Options
    Expecting a “tactical” draw tomorrow night between Watford and West Ham.

That would leave them both 4 points clear with 2 to play - but because of the better GD they have - Bournemouth and Villa would probably need to win out.
  • Options
    Southampton 0-1 Brighton
  • Options
    Southampton 0-1 Brighton
    Dead game that one lol, no relegation or european places on it 
  • Options
    Expecting a “tactical” draw tomorrow night between Watford and West Ham.

That would leave them both 4 points clear with 2 to play - but because of the better GD they have - Bournemouth and Villa would probably need to win out.
    I imagine both teams will be cautious, but also aware of how beneficial a win would be. 37 points for West Ham would be safety, due to their better GD
  • Options
    "Just looking back at the Palace shout for a penalty - I think it is a penalty. Zaha was brought down and he's got every right to be annoyed. Manchester United have gone the other end, punished Crystal Palace and got a goal."

Gutted  :D
  • Options
    "Just looking back at the Palace shout for a penalty - I think it is a penalty. Zaha was brought down and he's got every right to be annoyed. Manchester United have gone the other end, punished Crystal Palace and got a goal."

Gutted  :D
    Now a disallowed goal for offside  :D  :D