Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International call ups

Comments

• Options
    If we beat Rotherham tomorrow I hope the club sees sense and doesn't call off the match against Burton. We never do well after an International Break & the team would be on a roll.
    If it’s just Gunter I would agree, Matthews can step in. Hopefully Gunter will be back on our bench by then.

if Washington gets called up, I don’t know what is right or wrong. I agree that momentum is good but I also remember when we played on sky during an international break and lost 3-0 to Swindon. I think Swindon got relegated easily that year.
  • Options
    I think we should do everything we can to play the game, with the FA Cup next weekend it's going to be 3 weeks between league games.

I like Washington but Davison can fill that role for one game.
  • Options
    When are the Northern Ireland and Ireland squads announced.

We only have the option to postpone if we have three players called up.

My guess is they are expecting it to be off as they haven’t put any tickets on sale. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    They told me yesterday that tickets for the Burton game were going on sale tomorrow. 
    So are they expecting the game to go ahead on the 13th?

Given the game is scheduled for 11 days time it would be nice if the club gave some kind of indication.
  • Options
    They told me yesterday that tickets for the Burton game were going on sale tomorrow. 
    To be clear, is that yesterday's tomorrow or today's tomorrow?
  • Options
    I think we have only Gunter and Arter called up so looks like it will go ahead.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Redrobo said:
    I think we have only Gunter and Arter called up so looks like it will go ahead.
    Squads haven't been announced yet and I'd be amazed if Washington isn't selected by NI especially with Lavery ruled out.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Arter is the doubt, due to injury/fitness 
  • Options
    Just another reason to get out of this hell hole league, not knowing whether you'll be playing 10 days before a game is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    I think we should do everything we can to play the game, with the FA Cup next weekend it's going to be 3 weeks between league games.

We won't be thinking that if we lose though

Without Washington we're very thin up top for strikers, and will have to put a kid on the bench
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belv said:

Without Washington we're very thin up top for strikers, and will have to put a kid on the bench
    I just feel that if we're trying to get our season back on track then we can do without 3 week gaps between games.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Belv said:

I just feel that if we're trying to get our season back on track then we can do without 3 week gaps between games.
    But then it's not a 3 week gap

A 2.5 week gap between league games, but we have an FA Cup game and a Pizza Cup game during that period, so plenty of chances for the remaining players to get minutes
  • Options
    Squads annouced on Thursday 4th November
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Dansk_Red said:
    England on the 4th. 
    Scotland 23 minutes ago for instance.
    Bale called up for Wales. Squad out this morning.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    England on the 4th. 
    Scotland 23 minutes ago for instance.
    Bale called up for Wales. Squad out this morning.
    Scotland was announced this morning
  • Options
    Surely also more importantly if you're the Ireland manager........his form.
  • Options
    Surely also more importantly if you're the Ireland manager........his form.
    Are the other Irish players any better? They're very poor at the moment
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Conor Washington has been called up by N Ireland, I assume the Republic will announce their team soon

EDIT Our game is going ahead, so Arter presumably hasn't been called up
  • Options
    So Gunter and Washington is two. 

Only a guess but JJ does like momentum and best to play it while most of the squad are fit. Waiting for Inniss to be fit is "waiting for Godot"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Conor Washington has been called up by N Ireland, I assume the Republic will announce their team soon

We are waiting to hear but the feeling is given his lack of game time ( although likely  to play Saturday)
     That he will not be called up .. if by chance he dies game will be called off ..
  • Options

We are waiting to hear but the feeling is given his lack of game time ( although likely  to play Saturday)
     That he will not be called up .. if by chance he dies game will be called off ..
    bloody hell, thats going a bit far to get a game called off
  • Options

thought he is out injured anyway.
  • Options

No
  • Options
    So the Burton game this upcoming weekend is definitely on? No chance it gets postponed from here?
  • Options
    So the Burton game this upcoming weekend is definitely on? No chance it gets postponed from here?
    None whatsoever. 
  • Options
    Belv said:
    None whatsoever. 
    You cant say none whatsoever 

Could be a flood or some other reason it gets called off.

But highly unlikely 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Yeah, how silly of me to completely dismiss the idea there may be a flood on a day that no rain is forecast.

Can't rule out a mole infestation either.

Best not book your trains just yet Callum.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Yeah, how silly of me to completely dismiss the idea there may be a flood on a day that no rain is forecast.

Can't rule out a mole infestation either.
    Never trust a British forecast you should know that by now 🤣🤣

Mole infestation is a good possibility as well hmmm definitely would hesitate in buying a ticket 😉