Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Championship games

Comments

• Options
    Its laughable, everyone is banging on about Barnsley's form but they went eighteen games without a win at the start of the season

Picked up just six points in that period

Now everyone reckons they'll suddenly survive ahead of us

Yet fail to grasp that if Barnsley can turn it around (they've done nothing special) then why cant we?

But no, lets back a team that none of us watch every week to survive over us
    Calm down mate, you're an eternal optimist which is great but not everyone is. Of course we could turn it around but that doesn't mean people aren't going to be concerned. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Its laughable, everyone is banging on about Barnsley's form but they went eighteen games without a win at the start of the season

Yet fail to grasp that if Barnsley can turn it around (they've done nothing special) then why cant we?

Calm down mate, you're an eternal optimist which is great but not everyone is. Of course we could turn it around but that doesn't mean people aren't going to be concerned. 
    I just struggle to deal with the defeatism at times

Players would get slaughtered for this attitude and the double standard approach does my head in

I'm not being optimistic I'm just being realistic

You cant be relegated in January, there are a hell of a lot of points still to pick up - A lot can yet change
  • Options

Current form is far more relevant to predicting results than what happened back in August and September though. For example I was fairly confident going into the playoffs last season as we were the form team on a roll, whereas Sunderland and Pompey were stuttering.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I just struggle to deal with the defeatism at times

Players would get slaughtered for this attitude and the double standard approach does my head in

I'm not being optimistic I'm just being realistic

You cant be relegated in January, there are a hell of a lot of points still to pick up - A lot can yet change
    But what is said on a forum will make no difference to the outcome unlike if players had that attitude. As long as the team are supported come match day I see no problem. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Barnsley's form picked up when they got a new manager and they are playing quite well.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Barnsley have improved after a management change. So I think they have a great chance of beating Preston at home. What's wrong with me expressing an opinion? It's not being negative. I don't bet but I reckon the bookies will give short odds on them wining too.

Please stop justifying your blind faith by comforting yourself that you are backing the team and anyone who puts the alternative view is not. I sit in the north upper and sing throughout the game. I love my club and it's been the fabric of my life since the age of 7, yes 52 years of loyal support home and away. You are obviously a glass 3/4 full guy and clearly see me as a doom monger. I prefer to be seen as realistic and the results bear that out in my opinion. 

This is a forum so I am entitled to my view just as much as you. Indeed your views litter almost every thread. Good for you.

We've been in big trouble since Taylor and Williams got injured.  Just assuming players will come back and be raring to go is not realistic and already returning players have broken down ie Taylor Williams JFC and Chucks. 

Bookies markets are marginally favouring Preston in fact. Which would lend weight to an opinion that you are seeing all the problems and no opportunities.

Our form is shocking but just as the early season form was no indication of this upcoming bad run of results, that bad run doesn’t necessarily doom us to spiralling ever further down the league.

The teams around us will likely go on little runs of form so yes we must be wary but they will be saying exactly the same about us: “their bad form can’t last forever” etc.
  • Options

They are a totally different proposition under Struber. 
  • Options
    Can Paddy Bauer do us a favour tonight?
  • Options
    Barnsley 0-1 Preston
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Preston.
  • Options
    Barnsley will beat Preston tomorrow so we will be 2 points above the trap door. Crisis what crisis ha. 
    1.0 Preston. 
    Keep the faith 
  • Options
    Good stuff

Will give Preston credit... they're by far the best team Ive seen this season when it comes to protecting a lead!!
  • Options
    Good stuff

Will give Preston credit... they're by far the best team Ive seen this season when it comes to protecting a lead!!
    Don't jinx it ffs 
  • Options
    Ivan Toney has opened the scoring in what'll be his last game for Peterborough before travelling down to South East London tomorrow
  • Options
    Good stuff

FT 2-1 Barnsley incoming
  • Options
    Good stuff

Don't jinx it ffs 
    Keep the faith
  • Options
    Boro 0-1 Brum
  • Options
    Boro 0-1 Brum
    Draw would be a great result for us... If we are to be in a relegation scrap then need as many teams involved as possible
  • Options
    Seems Middlesbrough missed a penalty just beforehand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Middsbro 0 Brum 1
  • Options
    Not in the Championship, but I see Pompey are playing an EFL Trophy game tonight. Yes they got a Wembley day out and trophy last season, but a pretty minor prize compared to promotion...
  • Options
    Barnsley 0-2 Preston
  • Options
    Ivan Toney has opened the scoring in what'll be his last game for Peterborough before travelling down to South East London tomorrow
    Oh ffs he’s gonna get the scum promoted to the Prem as we flap about trying to stay up with anyone who’ll play on the cheap 
  • Options
    Oh yes 
  • Options
    Barnsley 0-2 Preston
    If you can hear that sound on the wind

Thats the sound of me breathing a sigh of relief it cant end 2-1 Barnsley
  • Options
    This is the type of improvement I like from Barnsley. 
  • Options
    Come on you Lillywhites ?

0-2 to the boys in white.
  • Options
    0-3
  • Options
    Oh yes come on !