Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Championship games

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Just been talking to my QPR mate as wanted to find out why they only named 7 substitutes yesterday. 

Apparently short of first team players.  Their under 23s have not been training so are not being considered for first team duty. If we can take the lead next week I think we have a massive chance of taking all 3 points.  
  • Options
    Plus very doubtful Rangers will make the playoffs so if we can convert chances then I think they would probably not bother as they're are certainly off field issues. 
  • Options
    I can't say I've ever been very impressed by Bamford.

Surely Lyle Taylor would be more effective up front for Leeds than him.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    How many late goals have we conceded to draw or lose in comparison to late goals we have scored to gain points?

I know it happens and is part and parcel of the season, but that’s just a small example of how many extra points we could’ve had already.

Beat QPR next Saturday - I know it’s going to be tough - we’d be 5 points behind them. QPR are currently a team that are 7 points off the play offs, and would’ve been 4 had they won yesterday.

If we hadn’t conceded the late, late goals against Bristol City, Hull City, and Wednesday, we’d have an extra 4 points, that’s just off the top of my head. Thinking a win next week would mean we’d be close to safety.

Fine margins.
    Plus away at Millwall. Although we did nick a point at QPR with Nabbs last minute equaliser. But as you say, we've lost more points after 90 mins than we've gained. 
  • Options
    Our possession stats were never the greatest at the beginning of the season and made me think we were deffo in a false position and eventually it caught up on us .
    Of course if the oppo have the ball that much they’ve got a better chance of scoring,  hence those late goals against eventually arrived.
    The all important stat is obviously winning , which we did again with small possession on Saturday but we won’t always be playing someone as pony as Hull .
    We will have to improve some bit on that Hull performance  if we’re to stay up . 
    It’s gonna be close and our lack of goals may cost us but I’m pinning my hopes on Williams, McGeady and Hemed , who have that extra bit of class in the final 3rd and ‘if’ they can get it together we will have a greater chance of survival 

• Options

13 goals in 36 games this season for Leeds. I mean it's not terrible but a striker in that side with the possession they have and chances they create should be scoring double that.

Makes Bielsa's decision to not play Nketiah and leading Arsenal to recall him, all the more baffling.
  • Options
    Our possession stats were never the greatest at the beginning of the season and made me think we were deffo in a false position and eventually it caught up on us .
    Of course if the oppo have the ball that much they’ve got a better chance of scoring,  hence those late goals against eventually arrived.
    The all important stat is obviously winning , which we did again with small possession on Saturday but we won’t always be playing someone as pony as Hull .
    We will have to improve some bit on that Hull performance  if we’re to stay up . 
    It’s gonna be close and our lack of goals may cost us but I’m pinning my hopes on Williams, McGeady and Hemed , who have that extra bit of class in the final 3rd and ‘if’ they can get it together we will have a greater chance of survival 

Yes, everyone sneered when the "expected goals" table early doors suggested that we were higher than we should be, but it was a sign that our position was slightly false.

Bristol City were another team higher than expected in that table, and they seem to have been found out too
  • Options
    Think most teams have been up and down the table throughout the season. 

Cardiff suddenly one place from the play offs.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Can you rule Brentford out of the top two yet?

Only five points behind West Brom at the top now

They've a shocking record in the Play-Offs if they dont so wouldnt be too confident of them getting promoted that way

Just a shame too they've still got us to go to Griffin Park
  • Options

13 goals in 36 games this season for Leeds. I mean it's not terrible but a striker in that side with the possession they have and chances they create should be scoring double that.

Makes Bielsa's decision to not play Nketiah and leading Arsenal to recall him, all the more baffling.
    Bielsa said just before Nketiah got recalled, that he had just fully understood the role that was expected of him and was going to start the following game. I think if Arsenal had just waited another week or two, which they could’ve done no problem, we would see a different situation now.

But you’re completely right, Bamford ought to have at least 20 now by the amount of chances they create and he’s missed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played Valley Floyd Road just then
  • Options
    Brentford have quite a generous run of games for the end of the season on paper, play a lot of the relegation battle sides and Preston 
  • Options
    Brentford have quite a generous run of games for the end of the season on paper, play a lot of the relegation battle sides and Preston 
    100%. In theory, if they win tonight you could see them winning every single remaining home games.

They could definitely play a huge part in the relegation situation that is for sure.

If Leeds bear Fulham tomorrow, which I believe they will, you could see Brentford catching West Brom. 
  • Options

Each and every time I've watched Leeds, Bamford has missed at least one sitter. Last week he did even better - he blocked a shot on the line from his own player!

If he just taken a third of those 27 "big chances" Leeds would be walking this Division. They don't have a ready made replacement for him and it is an absolute mystery how Nketiah only started twice for them in the league (15 times came on as sub) in 5 months. Little wonder Arsenal recalled him in January.
  • Options
    Full-time. Brentford 1-0 West Brom. Great win for Brentford who now go 5pts behind Leeds and West brom?? Can't they do it. Leeds play Fulham tomorrow 
  • Options
    Sage said:

Bielsa said just before Nketiah got recalled, that he had just fully understood the role that was expected of him and was going to start the following game. I think if Arsenal had just waited another week or two, which they could’ve done no problem, we would see a different situation now.

But you’re completely right, Bamford ought to have at least 20 now by the amount of chances they create and he’s missed.
    That sounds a bit dubious to me. Entirely understandable why Arsenal recalled him, when they see Bamford start game after game ahead of him
  • Options
    Brentford's run in.

Reading away
    Wigan home
    Charlton home
    Derby away
    Preston home
    Stoke away
    Barnsley home

All very winnable given their current form.

West Brom meanwhile haven't scored a goal for 4 games and have a slightly tougher run in.

Sheff Weds away
    Hull home
    Derby home
    Blackburn away
    Fulham home
    Huddersfield away
    QPR home
  • Options
    Let's hope they beat Hull and Huddersfield, couldn't care less about the other games.
  • Options
    Brentford's run in.

Reading away
    Wigan home
    Charlton home
    Derby away
    Preston home
    Stoke away
    Barnsley home

All very winnable given their current form.

West Brom meanwhile haven't scored a goal for 4 games and have a slightly tougher run in.

Sheff Weds away
    Hull home
    Derby home
    Blackburn away
    Fulham home
    Huddersfield away
    QPR home
    If Brentford AND WBA are both in with a chance of automatic promotion come the final games, it's good news for us as they'll be putting strong sides rather than resting players for the playoffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think if WBA keep Perriera fit then they’ll have enough given the 5 point gap. 

Best player in the league for me.
  • Options
    Given Brentford's team and how they've been playing I'm slightly amazed they're not 10 points clear at the top tbh. I guess they've probably had a few too many games like the one at The Valley where they completely dominated and couldn't stick the ball away
  • Options
    Sage said:

That sounds a bit dubious to me. Entirely understandable why Arsenal recalled him, when they see Bamford start game after game ahead of him
    It’s the way Bielsa works. Similarly to his first season, he announced that Jamal Blackman would be their goalkeeper after spending his whole loan on the bench, just for him to break his leg the next day. Nketiah didn’t want to leave Leeds, he was happy to remain on loan as he knew game time was coming.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Given Brentford's team and how they've been playing I'm slightly amazed they're not 10 points clear at the top tbh. I guess they've probably had a few too many games like the one at The Valley where they completely dominated and couldn't stick the ball away
    Top scorers in the division and best goal difference, mind you we did get away with it that day.
  • Options
    Well I dunno then. Have they let in too many goals? They have a shit-hot keeper. Maybe the defence can be got at
  • Options
    They've lost 11 games so maybe they win big and lose small.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    They started the season slowly, losing 4 of their first 7 games, including at The Valley, but have only lost 7 since
  • Options
    Mitrovic so lucky there is no VAR
  • Options
    Hull winning
  • Options
    Oh FFS!! - Bloody typical of this League