Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 Championship games

Comments

• Options
    That late equaliser will hurt Boro - let's rub it in on Saturday now
  • Options
    Boro's issue this season is their ability to see out games

Eight wins = joint lowest in the league
    14 defeats - You have to go up to Birmingham in 15th to find a team who have lost less than that amount
    14 draws - Only Cardiff and Millwall have drawn more games (15)
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2020
    Glad Forest equalised but If by some fluke they got promoted, they would get slaughtered, poor team. 

Coulson looked decent for Middlesborough & that was about it. They got back in the game by Forest being crap & repeatedly giving the ball away. 

Borough did look short on confidence, particularly early on. If Charlton can get at them early, then we will have a chance against them. 
  • Options
    We’ve got to try and take any positive we can at the moment.  A point above the relegation zone becomes 4 if we win on Saturday.  Expecting a very tough game, but let’s hope the lads are fired up and ready.  Bring it on I say 
  • Options
    I thought Gestedt was a handful and will cause us problems in the air.
  • Options
    Only caught the last few mins and Boro looked shit enough for us to maybe scrape a draw against them
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Only caught the last few mins and Boro looked shit enough for us to maybe scrape a draw against them
    They gave it a good go first half but Forest were in the ascendancy last 25 mins and eventually their pressure produced the equaliser late on. They'll be a tough nut to crack but must be gutted to see two points snatched from them from an up and under with Grabben backing into the Boro keeper before hooking the ball over his shoulder into the net with spin on the ball that Tuffers would have been proud of. 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said: They'll be a tough nut to crack  
    Well for us yes 
  • Options
    Glad it was a goal, but if it was given against us I would be screaming that Grabban was blocking the keeper off lol

I should point out I dont think it was a foul and the keeper should have been stronger, but if that was Phillips I would be saying it was a foul lol

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not even near a foul. The laws of the game apply in the 6 yard box, in the same way as any other part of the pitch. The forward shielded and played the ball, while the goalie waved his arms about behind him.
  • Options
    Keeper has gone down very easily there. Has to be stronger.
  • Options
    Not a foul, but Boro will still be baffled how that went in instead of going several yards wide, that "turn out of the rough" was extraordinary!
  • Options
    Not a foul, but Boro will still be baffled how that went in instead of going several yards wide, that "turn out of the rough" was extraordinary!
    Breaking news: Grabban gets a three-match ban for ball tampering.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    We quite rightly are going to be focusing on us and looking at our next game against Middlesbrough. Our fate still remains in our own hands. That’s vital.

Looking elsewhere though, amazingly Stoke’s next 5 games are:
    Hull (H)
    Reading (A)
    Middlesbrough (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Barnsley (H)

With just having played Luton away as well.

Could be fair to say a lot of twists and turns are yet to be played out. Stoke’s season could also be defined by the beginning of April. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    We quite rightly are going to be focusing on us and looking at our next game against Middlesbrough. Our fate still remains in our own hands. That’s vital.

Hull (H)
    Reading (A)
    Middlesbrough (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Barnsley (H)

Could be fair to say a lot of twists and turns are yet to be played out. Stoke’s season could also be defined by the beginning of April. 
    Stoke will stay up
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Sage said:

Hull (H)
    Reading (A)
    Middlesbrough (H)
    Wigan (A)
    Barnsley (H)

Stoke will stay up
    I agree, I think they will just have enough to stay up. Their home games against Hull, Middlesbrough, and Barnsley are huge for them.

Interestingly though, their last 5 are completely opposite to their next 5...
    Leeds (A)
    Birmingham (H)
    Bristol City (A)
    Brentford (H)
    Forest (A)

Tough run, especially if it remains close at the top.
  • Options
    A third of the division are still in relegation trouble so there are obviously going to be a ton of big relegation 6 pointers. It could be a good thing as they're obviously the worst sides but they're also sides fighting for their lives, so games won't be easy. 

Add in Derby, Birmingham and Sheff Weds facing potential points deductions and it's almost half the league still fighting to avoid the drop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't really effect us but Millwall beating Forest 2-0 after 30 minutes
  • Options
    3-0 now
  • Options
    If Rowett had been there all season, Millwall would be looking good for automatic promotion
  • Options
    Millwall could run up a cricket score here. Mad league. 
  • Options
    Forest were shit at Middlesbrough 
  • Options
    Hoping that it gives them more impetus to win the rest of their matches thus beating some of our relegation rivals. They always best us so no problem there.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    If Rowett had been there all season, Millwall would be looking good for automatic promotion
    Baffles me why anyone would think it was a dubious appointment at the time!!
  • Options
    If Millwall get promoted Coronavirus can just take me
    Paulie, I shake my head regularly at some of your posting but I am with you on that one!