Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Charlton | Sat 17 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH VIEWS

Comments

• Options
    The last 5 mins of the 1st half our fans were singing non stop. Couldnt quite make out if it was towards Oshilaja or not?
  • Options
    As Curbs would say, this side don't know when they're beat. 
  • Options
    Great result,we did this so many times last year,snatching late goals.What a spirit there must be in that dressing room,2 home games to come,the table could look very good this time next week.
  • Options
    Some questioned whether Lyle Taylor baby could cut it in the 2nd division. I think we all know the answer to that now. 
  • Options
    Decent performance against a committed Barnsley side. Aneke reacted a little slowly for his one on one.
  • Options
    Barnsley had the edge generally, passed the ball better and won the 2nd ball so well.  But we were never finished off, heads  stayed up and we have options on the bench who made a difference.  Not bad at all
  • Options
    Sounds like we were given a hard time but still got a point and if we'd taken our chances it could have been three.

Still have Kayel and Otzumer to come in and maybe Hemed. 

Hope Solly is OK

Big home games now. 
    When you put it like that, what depth we have for the first time in RD’s reign. 2, maybe 3, quality players to come in. 
  • Options
    Thought we deserved the point (even though I didn't think it was coming). What is great about watching Charlton at the moment is that I believe we are always in games and always have a chance of scoring.

Special mention to Pratley today as I thought he was outstanding in front of a slightly shaky defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good point - they are unbeaten at home in 17 months. Could have gone either way.
  • Options
    Sneaky little bastard of a Barnsley player next to Lyle on the right who tried to stand in front of him
  • Options
    That was a good pen.
  • Options
    You cool man LYLE!
  • Options
    You just can't keep this team down. I couldn't see us coming back in that. Just one of those day and then, bang, penalty superbly put away by Taylor.

I thought we were a bit off today but all credit to Barnsley. I thought they were strong and they have that home record to protect.

A good point and I'll take that.
  • Options
    Watched on Valley Pass.

Thought Barnsley we’re a bit better than us overall, but not by much. However, they did that thing where a team winning by one goal sits on it, wastes time, creates little and invites pressure. This let us back in and we dominated for the last ten minutes or so. As a result, we got the equaliser that that domination deserved.
    I don’t think Barnsley can have any real complaints, but they should be disappointed.

As for us, we showed some frailties throughout with our control and passing and could’ve made more with our chances, but we battled well and showed real determination and grit, which probably deserved the point in itself.
    An interesting stat I noticed at half time was that Barnsley had won 80% of the aerial battles. Maybe this suggests that kicking it long (which Dillon did all game, rather than passing it out) is not quite right for us. Admittedly, Aneke wasn’t on the pitch at that point.

All in all, happy with a point (unlike LB who just said he’s disappointed with a point). I think it was the right result. They say win your home games and draw your away games and you’ll be successful. Well, we’re still on track and more.
    Williams is great and Pratley has been far better than last year so far.

COYA
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Wasnt at the game & only half followed the match as have been watching the Ashes this afternoon.

Woukd gave taken a point at 3pm do happy as Larry, although result tarnished knowing that the scum won.....with stats of 3 shots to Sheff Wed's 21. 

Wednesday evening is going to be tough with Forest winning 3-0 today. Would like to see Sarr come in for Lockyer. 
  • Options
    Hope Kyle's leg/ankle is okay for the next game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn’t there but sounds like a battled point, don’t forget this same team beat Fulham (2nd favs for the league) just two weeks ago, with that in mind excellent point.
  • Options
    Hope Kyle's leg/ankle is okay for the next game.
    Nasty sneaky foul on him did that. Diaby. Who gave away the penalty. Bit of karma there.
  • Options
    That Penalty...👏👏👏
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Result tarnished knowing that the scum won.....with stats of 3 shots to Sheff Wed's 21. 

Wednesday evening is going to be tough with Forest winning 3-0 today. Would like to see Sarr come in for Lockyer. 
    No, it isn't.
    It is in his miserable world. Leave him to wallow in his own pus.
  • Options
    Was Solly taken off with concussion?
  • Options
    3 goals in 3 starts from Lyle
    2 goals in 2 starts from Gallagher
    3 assists in 3 starts from Williams
    good innit. 
  • Options
    3 goals in 3 starts from Lyle
    2 goals in 2 starts from Gallagher
    3 assists in 3 starts from Williams
    Wow