Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Charlton | Sat 17 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH VIEWS

Comments

• Options
    In Lord Bow we trust
  • Options
    Osilaja has a very decent throw that we need to make more of in last third.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    3 Points = Great; But am sure Lee will find something to be disappointed over
    1 Point = Disappointed
    0 Point = Totally pissed off

LB winning mentality 
    Corrected for you :)
  • Options
    Chuks changed the game. He worried them. A real threat when coming on. 
  • Options
    We need a Solly back quickly. Forest will have noted he will not be playing and will target that side. Bows will be all over that but we do need some cover.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    3 goals in 3 starts from Lyle
    2 goals in 2 starts from Gallagher
    3 assists in 3 starts from Williams
    good innit. 
    3 man team pathetic :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we are still a work in progress, which is understandable given the late arrival of players. So we have to be delighted with seven points.
  • Options
    Thought they had us sussed in midfield. They won most second ball and certainly outmuscled Gallagher and Williams. That’s not to say we didn’t have our moments. I’m usually loath to criticise referees but this bloke absolutely did us no favours. Some bizarre decisions. Definitely a pen at the end and Lyle frightens the life out of me with his slow run up. All in all a good point against a well organised Barnsley but I have to say our defence was at times all over the place and a comedy show for their second goal. 
  • Options
    I thought the penalty was soft, Gallagher had already passed the ball when he got hit. If it had happened to us I think we would have been pissed off.
    Defence is definitely an issue, on the other hand with Oztumer and Kayal there look to be lots of midfield options. If we can stay unbeaten for 5-6 games we could settle into this division and have a reasonable season.
    A big threat will be Taylor going in January if he does not sign a new contract soon.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    I thought the penalty was soft, Gallagher had already passed the ball when he got hit. If it had happened to us I think we would have been pissed off.
    Defence is definitely an issue, on the other hand with Oztumer and Kayal there look to be lots of midfield options. If we can stay unbeaten for 5-6 games we could settle into this division and have a reasonable season.
    A big threat will be Taylor going in January if he does not sign a new contract soon.
    Exactly... He was fouled off the ball, defender lunged in far too late

Its not American Football where you can be taken out regardless if you've the ball in possession
  • Options
    On the way home now. Good performance against a strong side who are unbeaten at home in 17 months for a good reason. Draw was the fair result.

We definitely look more potent with both Aneke and Taylor on the pitch. 

Jonny Williams is great fun to watch. Conor Gallagher looked even better this week than he did last week - he’s going to be one hell of a player.

Charlton fans were great throughout. Oshilaja loves his vodka and jäger apparently......
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    3 assists for Williams now. 3 games on a trot. One fo Purrington, one for Chucks and now one for Connor. 
    And Williams played 90 minutes!
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Wednesday evening is going to be tough with Forest winning 3-0 today. Would like to see Sarr come in for Lockyer. 
    Sarr is left footed and so is Pearce.

Should Pearce get injured, Sarr steps straight in.

Bowyer won't play Pearce and Sarr together unless there's no other real option.
    He could pick another right footed CB to play along side Pearce though ..... but Lockyer is doing a reasonably sound job at the moment , no need to change.

And CB partnerships only get better by playing more games together.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Rudders22 said:
    3 assists for Williams now. 3 games on a trot. One fo Purrington, one for Chucks and now one for Connor. 
    And Williams played 90 minutes!
    A big step in fitness over last season when he was regularly subbed after 60
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    So it was a very late attempt at a tackle then. A badly timed tackle is usually given as a foul.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention Pratley in my earlier post. Magnificent at what he does. I would go as far as to say that if he wasn’t there today we could have been turned inside out at the back. We were a few times anyway. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Late tackle = missed the ball, played the man. Can be construed as reckless or dangerous play.
    Normally  at least a yellow card.

What part of that is "soft" ..... ?

• Options
    Soft...as in play might have been deemed to have moved on. No complaints!
  • Options
    Barnsley shaded it but a draw was fair. The penalty was iffy (need to see it again) but the ref was questionable all that half. 

Good performance against an energetic, pressing side with a couple big bullying defenders. At our end Lockyer and Pearce looked dodgy, particularly in the second half. We started brightly but as it wore on Barnsley controlled more of the game. 

Queueing for a bus after the home fans were raving about Williams. They generally thought it had been even apart from being done over by the ref for the penalty. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game and despite having less of the game,  it felt to us like we could have won it. Still well happy with a point against a promotion contender