Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brentford | Sat 24 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Thought Gallagher looked quite tired by the end of the match, he's only 19 too so we won't want to overplay him
    He has tired in all matches around the hour mark. But he should be kept in the side until Kayal is ready, and subbed off after an hour. We have Williams or Oztumer, or Pratley or Field, to replace him, according to whether we need to chase goals or tighten up.
  • Options

Thought Gallagher looked quite tired by the end of the match, he's only 19 too so we won't want to overplay him
    He has tired in all matches around the hour mark. But he should be kept in the side until Kayal is ready, and subbed off after an hour. We have Williams or Oztumer, or Pratley or Field, to replace him, according to whether we need to chase goals or tighten up.
    You didn't watch the Stoke home match if you think Gallagher tires in all matches after 60 minutes. He  was the one driving them forward culminating in that third goal late on.  He appeared to last night but that was because Oztumer went off after 60 minutes and Jonny has a different style to Erhun plus field and Leko tired at the same time.
    Suddenly Forest had the ball and we were on the back foot. 
  • Options
    I think we’ll win.
  • Options
    I also think we'll win, with a few changes 2-0.
  • Options
    We are going to have to play as well if not better than on Wednesday.

If we can do that we should avoid defeat once more at the very least and, if lucky, maybe get a little more from the game.
  • Options
    Nice to see a 3 or 4 -0. I think we have it in us.
  • Options
    From what Bowyer was saying post match about how he plans to use Pearce/Sarr depending on the oponents, I expect Sarr to keep his place for tomorrow. Brentford are a footballing team and it will be another for Naby to show his class.

I am sure we will see Williams and Pratley re-take their places in the team though. I expect to see Hemed on the bench. Wouldn't surprise me if he holds off Kayal till after the international break.

Let's keep this positivity going! 2-0 to the addicks. (Lockyer and Taylor)
  • Options
    I wonder why FA thinks Pearce will be back for Sarr ?
  • Options
    Tricky away trip to physical Northern team 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Tricky away trip to physical Northern team 
    They're visiting us mate, the filthy north-western bastards. Brentford's north of the river, that's bloody Scotland as far as I'm concerned
  • Options
    I am meeting pre-match and after sbout 20 mates, split equally between Bees and Addicks. Prediction? It's going to get messy.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I can see Gallagher and Oztumer being rested. Pratley and Williams to come in.

Otherwise unchanged. Hemed and Kayal make their first appearances on the bench.

Phillips
    Oshilaja Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Pratley Field Cullen
    Leko Taylor Williams

Subs: Amos, Pearce, Kayal, Gallagher, Oztumer, Aneke, Hemed

• Options
    I can see Gallagher and Oztumer being rested. Pratley and Williams to come in.

Otherwise unchanged. Hemed and Kayal make their first appearances on the bench.

Phillips
    Oshilaja Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Pratley Field Cullen
    Leko Taylor Williams

Subs: Amos, Pearce, Kayal, Gallagher, Oztumer, Aneke, Hemed

Don’t think Pratley and Field play together - that’s too defensive at home to Brentford. And we lose everything that made us so dynamic first half on Weds. I could see Pratley coming in for Field....... and maybe Williams for Gallagher.... 

Think he may want to split Oztumer and Gallagher 60 mins / 30 mins but not sure which way round
  • Options
    Was just trying to come up with alternatives to Field and Pratley together which I assumed would be an either / or scenario.

Unless Field is being done a disservice by being classed as a shield in front of the back 4 only 
  • Options

Have the Bees sold out for this one?

Someone said they are bringing three boat loads down.

• Options
    What is our strongest XI now? Right headache in midfield. I think a 451 could work well away with the type of midfielders we have 

Phillips
    Oshi Lock Naby Purr
    Field Kayal Cullen 
    Williams Oztumer 
    Taylor 

I think a 4132 would we to really well at home as well.

Still crazy that we have gone from not enough midfielders and now it seems like we have about 2 too many 

• Options
    I think that Bowyer decided to rotate to freshen things up on Wednesday night

Dont think that Pearce did anything worthy to be dropped in the first place so think he'll come back in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dont think that Pearce did anything worthy to be dropped in the first place so think he'll come back in
    I think he plays Naby or Pearce depending on the opposition. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Simonsen said:

Have the Bees sold out for this one?

Someone said they are bringing three boat loads down.

They sold out their initial allocation of about 2000 and asked for 600 more. Also able to buy on the day.

I had a quick look at their fans site and noted that they are less than impressed with our miserable, heavy handed stewards. Sad to agree that so am I. What a contrast to my experiences at away games - Doncaster was exceptional. Something the fans forum could perhaps take forward?

It will nice to see DeSilva back at the Valley, and as Brentford play 3 at the back it will be an attacking role.

With Taylor pulling wide, the 3 at the back may feel a bit lonely, but they could always move up a bit and help chase shadows! Brentford look a bit light up front and have a young side. 3 games in eight days and playing Leeds away on Wednesday- and losing, will be a strain on young legs. Bows resting players midweek could be a master stroke and if we run them like we did Forest from the off they may not have the energy to come back.

They are a good side but in a bit of transition, but then so are we. Gonna be tight. Just hoping we can score first and then I think we will be fine.

DaSilva plays for Bristol City

I assume you mean Forest fans. From memory the stewards for away fans at most grounds are miserable and heavy handed
  • Options
    Bee's Da Silva is his brother Josh.  Jay is Bristol City and crocked til next year.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Once Kayal and Hemed are fit enough to feature for us, the alternatives available from the bench will be full of genuine game changers.

We've moved from the one that featured in our final game of our last season in the Championship:

Mitov, Sarr, Yun Suk-Young, Jackson, Motta, Ba, and Makienok

to one that might look like this:

Amos, Sarr, Kayal, Hemed, Oztumer, Aneke and Bonne

• Options
    Bee's Da Silva is his brother Josh.  Jay is Bristol City and crocked til next year.
    Whoops!
  • Options
    I think we are due a bad performance , i hopr im wrong 2-0 stung by the bees.
  • Options
    More pinball football from Lee Bowyer’s football wizards...3-0 to the mighty Addicks

ever since I was a young boy 
    i’ve watched them play football 
    from Carlisle down to Brighton 
    I must have seen them all
    but I ain’t seen nothing like it
    in any amusement hall
    those Bowyer football wizards
    sure play a mean pinball...

• Options
    3-1 to LB's & JJ's Red & White Army
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I think he plays Naby or Pearce depending on the opposition. 
    True but also whether home or away ( other Aussie soaps are available) because Pearce  may be the choice away from home when you are battling for your life but as was proven on Wednesday, Naby when you are looking to create more forward momentum.

We have a decent squad now with the Brighton boys ready soon, and if Bowyer wants to put two Six footers on at a corner then I may be in a minority but I didn't see how the outcome would have been any different as Lockyer made his one and only mistake when the ball hit him and fell invitingly for Adomah.

Old adage in football was don't put subs on when defending a corner but another old adage was defenders don't pass the ball across your own penalty  area !

Everyone appears to do that now even when attackers are just feet away.

Baking hot day on Saturday ?

After the lord mayor show 0-0
    The Charlton invincibles continue.

Taylor fails to score and Golfie says he overrated.