Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brentford | Sat 24 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I don't like this feeling. Being overconfident that is!

2-0 to the Addicks, first clean sheet of the season.
  • Options
    Another great preview by @ForeverAddickted if you don’t already make a living from writing, you should. So, Brentford ... Dirty, sneaky bar stewards for trying to nick Lyle for a paltry £4m on deadline day. I hope he has a stormer and scores a hat-trick just to show them what they missed out on. He won’t be signing for them in January. He’ll be sold for a much healthier amount that the £4m they wanted to pay and he won’t be going to them ... Ha. Anyway, another tough match on Saturday. I just hope it’s not a case of ‘after the Lord Mayors show’ coz we were so good against Forest in that first half, I thought I was watching Charcellona. If we can keep it tight and pass the ball about and get an early goal we might be alright for the win ... but this is Charlton so I’m not counting my chickens. COYR’s  
  • Options
    Trying to buy tickets online, but the two seats I'd seen are showing available on my pc - where I don't have any payment details stored, but unavailable on phone where i have details stored... Could this be that I've accidentally 'held' them? 

Ive closed PC window now so can't get back to them 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Trying to buy tickets online, but the two seats I'd seen are showing available on my pc - where I don't have any payment details stored, but unavailable on phone where i have details stored... Could this be that I've accidentally 'held' them? 

Have you tried getting them on Now TV?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Another great preview by @ForeverAddickted if you don’t already make a living from writing, you should. So, Brentford ... Dirty, sneaky bar stewards for trying to nick Lyle for a paltry £4m on deadline day. I hope he has a stormer and scores a hat-trick just to show them what they missed out on. He won’t be signing for them in January. He’ll be sold for a much healthier amount that the £4m they wanted to pay and he won’t be going to them ... Ha. Anyway, another tough match on Saturday. I just hope it’s not a case of ‘after the Lord Mayors show’ coz we were so good against Forest in that first half, I thought I was watching Charcellona. If we can keep it tight and pass the ball about and get an early goal we might be alright for the win ... but this is Charlton so I’m not counting my chickens. COYR’s  
    Cheers for your kind words @_MrDick... I've always wanted to be a writer but without the qualifications I dont know how I'd get into the industry

Was certainly a little disappointed when Charlton advertised a comms type role recently as the wage was just a little bit too low for me
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

But sky app says it's not on red button?

Sorted. Just bought tickets right by the tunnel instead.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Blackwall or Dartford?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Blackwall or Dartford?
    Channel
  • Options
    I have a feeling he’ll start with Field over Pratley again, I think Pratley, particularly in light of his recent contract extension is with a view to be a coach or at least a presence in the dressing room, I think we’ll only see him starting if the injuries start coming in and of course to see out a game when we’re winning which he is excellent at.

2-1 Taylor (to basically confirm he’s off to the prem on January) & Pearce to score, we go two up and cling on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missing this one, lying prone on the chaise-longue recovering from eye surgery, but I’ll be there in spirit. Get behind the boys and cheer them on to a well deserved win. 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    3-1 to LB's & JJ's Red & White Army
    Could you fit Steve Gallen's name in there as he was on the dog and bone for two weeks getting players in ?
  • Options
    Lee, Jacko & Gallen's Army
  • Options
    Agree with that lineup but can't see Hemed, Bonne and Aneke all being on the bench
  • Options
    Favourite team v local team, bragging rights in the boozer all mine, 3-1
  • Options
    C'mon....let's do the crowd thing; 19,010
  • Options
    Great preview FA, as always!. Great to have a buzz around the club again, thought we matched Notts Forest and could have nicked it. Think we might have too much for the Bees to cope with, and with the Covered End rediscovering the joy of football i think we should be able to cruise home 2-0. (Lets have a clean sheet for once)

Oh and whoever is doing the Crossbar challenge, Please have a go at it, and thump the f@*king ball!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    C'mon....let's do the crowd thing; 19,010
  • Options
    First 20k+ crowd of the season...
  • Options
    What are the trains like tomorrow, back to normal service?
  • Options
    2-0 to Charlton.
    Att 20,002.
  • Options
    If we play like we did on Weds we will beat anyone.

3.1 Charlton 

Loving the Championship.  Great football, skill and less crap refs. 
  • Options

3.1 Charlton 

Apart from Forest obvs :-)
  • Options

3.1 Charlton 

You know our first ref was in charge of League One games dont you? :) - To be honest seen no difference in the officiating between the two levels so far 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Croydon said:
    What are the trains like tomorrow, back to normal service?
    Kings cross is shut for maintenance, as Is the Peterborough/Brighton line although I'm not sure that effects many on here.
  • Options
    I can't see beyond a 1-5 defeat. Brentford's team of pampered multimillionaires will overwhelm plucky little Charlton after a brave start.
  • Options
    I can't see beyond a 1-5 defeat. Brentford's team of pampered multimillionaires will overwhelm plucky little Charlton after a brave start.
    They have only scored twice in the league so far, not to say you cannot be right