Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Gallen - now a Director

Comments

• Options
    Aside from a CEO do we actually have any other vacant positions at the club and do we actually need anybody else apart from a CEO?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    This is all getting very worrying - unless we have s big dip in form we’ll be running out of credible things to moan about let alone protest about - I can see the banners now ‘we demand a CEO’ 
    Yep, maybe he has changed, 4 years of lying bollocks, is difficult to dismiss. Anyway you really telling me we need to thank our owner for that. In bowyer I trust in RD....Its a no from me,you?
  • Options
    Aside from a CEO do we actually have any other vacant positions at the club and do we actually need anybody else apart from a CEO?
    Do we have a CFO?
  • Options
    Do we have a CFO?
    Or a UFO (useless football overseer), sorry, I forgot about Driesen
  • Options
    No one deserves any praise in reaction to this particular decision.

No one deserves criticism either.

Gallens been given a good job.

Simple.

The end.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    This is all getting very worrying - unless we have s big dip in form we’ll be running out of credible things to moan about let alone protest about - I can see the banners now ‘we demand a CEO’ 
    Yep, maybe he has changed, 4 years of lying bollocks, is difficult to dismiss. Anyway you really telling me we need to thank our owner for that. In bowyer I trust in RD....Its a no from me,you?
    i didn't say anything about thanking him or that i didn't want him gone 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Interesting article.  I like his statement about the Manager being the boss and the rest are just support to the manager.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    I think Steve may well have been doing an awful lot more in the background than just being head of recruitment, so maybe this is a promotion and more suited to the overall input he is having within the club. I see this as a massive positive. edited for the pedants....whats a capital M between friends?
    And still we have no CEO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The next step is promotion then "perhaps we got Duchatelet wrong after all".

On second thoughts.
  • Options
    That equates to an average of 17273,not to far away,with Birmingham and Leeds to come,it will soon be over 18000.It only needs 18000 Birmingham,20000 for Leeds easily acheivable with the present level of playing success and the increasing enthusiasm of the home support.
    Are you related to @letthegoodtimesroll ?
  • Options
    Intresting that Bowyer and Gallen both refer to board meetings.  Saying that now the football side will now have a voice as previously it was only financial and administrative people. 

Who was attending board meetings?  Do they actually mean board meetings or SMT meetings?  Even then who would actually attend them?

Is there more "normality" going on behind the scenes than we think?  
  • Options
    Lol, "board meetings"?!
    Like it's some sort of normal functioning company.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

On second thoughts.
    he got it wrong, he needs to go but personally i'm not obsessed about RD as an individual - all i care about is what happens on the pitch - same as most
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

On second thoughts.
    he got it wrong, he needs to go but personally i'm not obsessed about RD as an individual - all i care about is what happens on the pitch - same as most
    What you posting on a thread about boardroom stuff for then?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Off_it said:
    Lol, "board meetings"?!
    Like it's some sort of normal functioning company.
    That's why I thought it was worth mentioning........

“In all the meetings in the last year it has been operational and finance people and no football person. They’ve asked my opinions but it has been phonecalls and emails, now it will be me sitting in there too and putting across the views from the football side."
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

On second thoughts.
    the title of the thread is about Steve Gallen and even if it said 'boardroom stuff' i might still post on it  
  • Options
    Here’s hoping now Steve’s got the gig, and curries favor with the fans, that we’ll be hearing less of Rolands rants on talk sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing is if you can get stuff right off the pitch, hopefully success on it follows.

I feel we desperately need some good quality assets (players) of our own.

Instead of us relying on other teams to help us out, whether that’s achieveable under this owner I don’t know.

Certainly takes time to undo the wrongs of Katrien, I thought we were heading for non league under her watchful eye.
    I think what you say is true, but maybe a little bit backwards?  I would suggest if you have good "football people" looking after the football, the rest doesn't really matter?

IMO the most important part of a football teams success is player recruitment.  Even more so than player retention.  Bad recruitment causes more damage than selling any single 1 player does.

Our most damaging transfer windows, over the last 10 years aren't the ones where we have sold someone or not brought in anyone, they are the ones where we have bought a load of crap.  Under this ownership and previous ones.

On a completely diffrent subject I have no problem what so ever in always using the 5 loans as long as its thought out.  The good thing about the current loan rules is it rules out the dozens of half fit, has beens, on a month at a time that we saw under Pardew and Parkinson. 

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

On second thoughts.
    the title of the thread is about Steve Gallen and even if it said 'boardroom stuff' i might still post on it  
    Oh, right. So what happens on the pitch isn't all you care about after all then. Carry on.
    What happens on the pitch is the only true test - all the rest is opinion
  • Options
    To  elfsborgaddict,no idea as i dont know anyone personally on this forum.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Intresting that Bowyer and Gallen both refer to board meetings.  Saying that now the football side will now have a voice as previously it was only financial and administrative people. 

Who was attending board meetings?  Do they actually mean board meetings or SMT meetings?  Even then who would actually attend them?

No.

Ffs, Bowyer and Gallen will be helping out in the refreshment stands next.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Off_it said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

On second thoughts.
    Oh, right. So what happens on the pitch isn't all you care about after all then. Carry on.
    "Roland out".
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

No.

Ffs, Bowyer and Gallen will be helping out in the refreshment stands next.
    “In all the meetings in the last year it has been operational and finance people and no football person. They’ve asked my opinions but it has been phonecalls and emails, now it will be me sitting in there too and putting across the views from the football side." 

Who are these operational and finance people?  If he means Murray and Roland, why not say so?

Do you think the 2 of them have" board meetings"? 
  • Options
    Gallen - “I also have to speak to Thomas over in Belgium, but luckily he’s very supportive”

Before making a signing Bowyer, Gallen and Driesen all have to agree.