Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grant Basey appointed development coach

Comments

• Options
    An excellent guy for an important role, really pleased he's getting on with his career ever sonce that horror tackle.
  • Options
    Not sure I can hope with all these sensible appointments and changes
  • Options
    and working for a club he supports big time. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I heard he was an Arsenal fan.

In recent times Elliot and Lapslie are the only two players I know of that support Charlton.

I'd be pleased if there are more.
  • Options
    What ever happened to his career? I remember it looked like he was all set to have a solid career in the football league at least. Looking at wiki it seemed to just drift into non league....
    Had his leg broken by Dominic Blizzard under the SKY cameras

Bristol Rovers won that day 2-1 because the Referee decided not to send him off for the horror challenge

We'd have taken second place had we won that night and wouldnt have had Nicky Bailey's penalty miss

What was worse; Basey never fully recovered which was what sent his career downwards
    It was one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. But whether the thug was sent off or not, Basey's career was finished!
  • Options
    Glad that Basey's coaching career is progressing positively. I always felt that he had a shot at making it as a defensive midfielder or centre half but that stint as an emergency left back and the bad tackle from Blizzard? were tough breaks (no pun intended). 
  • Options
    Had a chat with him at a youth match last year. Down to earth, humble guy. Wish him all the best. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Rudders22 said:

In recent times Elliot and Lapslie are the only two players I know of that support Charlton.

Morgan Fox and his family are/were too, Len.
  • Options
    What ever happened to his career? I remember it looked like he was all set to have a solid career in the football league at least. Looking at wiki it seemed to just drift into non league....
    Had his leg broken by Dominic Blizzard under the SKY cameras

Bristol Rovers won that day 2-1 because the Referee decided not to send him off for the horror challenge

We'd have taken second place had we won that night and wouldnt have had Nicky Bailey's penalty miss

What was worse; Basey never fully recovered which was what sent his career downwards
    I can still remember the sound of the tackle and the crack of bone as we were very near it! Makes me cringe even now!
  • Options
    So far as I remember I dont think Blizzard apologised for the tackle afterwards - Could be wrong though
    100% right.

I met Basey at a Cray game two seasons ago.  He told me that Blizzard never apologised.

A very pleasant fella and good luck to him in his new position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So far as I remember I dont think Blizzard apologised for the tackle afterwards - Could be wrong though
    100% right.

I met Basey at a Cray game two seasons ago.  He told me that Blizzard never apologised.

I've always liked the Count, good appointment.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    100% right.

I've always liked the Count, good appointment.
    Plays off of scratch as a golfer.
  • Options
    Grant was a decent cricketer as well. He played for Kent with my eldest lad. Gave up cricket in favour of football and probably made the right decision. Was a decent fast bowler.
  • Options
    Grant was a decent cricketer as well. He played for Kent with my eldest lad. Gave up cricket in favour of football and probably made the right decision. Was a decent fast bowler.
    Fast bowler?!
  • Options
    Fast bowler?!
    And can hit the ball a long way too. Still turns out for Bromley and cousin plays for Bexley.
  • Options
    Fast bowler?!
    And can hit the ball a long way too. Still turns out for Bromley and cousin plays for Bexley.
    That I can believe.
  • Options
    Fast bowler?!
    Now, now Elfs you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. What were you like in a line out ?😉
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Rudders22 said:

Morgan Fox and his family are/were too, Len.
    I am sure Morgan and his family are west ham fans. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Fast bowler?!
    Now, now Elfs you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. What were you like in a line out ?😉
    I was the bail.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Rudders22 said:

Rob definitely is, a local Greenwich lad. With George, he may have become one since joining us aged 11, but as he grew up in East London and Brentwood it's doubtful he was one when very young

Gordon Watson was a Charlton fan as well I recall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he managed to get one of the 100 year mugs in the end after he popped in the club shop on Saturday, I was tempted to tell him to get in line in the queue like everyone else 😀 
  • Options
    He was taken to hospital at Bristol and kept in because of the severity of the injury and not only did Blizzard not apologise, but nobody from Bristol Rovers even bothered to see if he was okay. Nice people.
  • Options
    Have we done ‘worst five at Charlton’?

Mikel Alonso was the worst I’ve ever seen. That one appearance was so bizarre. He looked like a fan given a kit. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Have we done ‘worst five at Charlton’?

Mikel Alonso was the worst I’ve ever seen. That one appearance was so bizarre. He looked like a fan given a kit. 
    More like a fanny given a kit.
  • Options
    If the (potential) rumours are true, why is Basey still at the club? 
  • Options
    If the (potential) rumours are true, why is Basey still at the club? 
    ??
  • Options
    Rumours like?
  • Options
    Unless there's a case of mistaken identity, the line up leaks
  • Options
    Was the rumour that he’s the one leaking the team? And causes problems last season sharing things he shouldn’t have done?