Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grant Basey appointed development coach

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Not seen him on the touchline for a while.. Assume he has gone?
    Interesting, at a time when we've been a coach down, and Jackson has had to use U23 coaches likes Hayes with the first team, we got rid of Basey (and I assume that's what happened, rather then him leaving)
    There were rumours of a very public row at the training ground involving a youth player and Basey, remarks being made which upset Euell and Bowyer also getting involved.   
    Was that Weirdo and why he left or someone else?  Or if not appropriate to answer I understand.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Interesting, at a time when we've been a coach down, and Jackson has had to use U23 coaches likes Hayes with the first team, we got rid of Basey (and I assume that's what happened, rather then him leaving)
    There were rumours of a very public row at the training ground involving a youth player and Basey, remarks being made which upset Euell and Bowyer also getting involved.   
    This.

closely allied with Bowyer but didn’t go with him to Brum.  Make of that what you will.

good luck to him. A very large ex Charlton presence at Cray now and a number of them from the youth setup so he may know a few already but needs to hit the ground running as they’ve been shit recently 
    Is Lee Amis still involved in their youth set up? 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Was that Weirdo and why he left or someone else?  Or if not appropriate to answer I understand.
    Don't know, sorry.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Can’t say for sure but I doubt it as wiredu and bowyer fell out after the former kissed his teeth in reaction to something bowyer said 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I heard something very similar, apparently partly the reason for wiredu leaving was due to his comments 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Mingi
  • Options
    Article says he’s an u12s-u16s coach - in that case why was he so close to the first team and involved on match days?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Article says he’s an u12s-u16s coach - in that case why was he so close to the first team and involved on match days?
    Was that in his old kitman role ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Did he stay on as Kitman in his youth development role?
  • Options
    Saw a post by Pearce on Instagram congratulating Basey on his first win as interim manager of Cray and said what a great coach and guy he is.... maybe Basey isn't the trouble maker we are lead to believe?
    If any of the stuff posted on here about him was true then surely he would have been managed out of the club or paid off. I find it hard to believe that if he was responsible for leaks or shouting matches with youth players then nobody at the club would have taken any action. I have no inside knowledge whatsoever but surely if there was even a hint internally that he was responsible for leaking team sheets a mechanism would have been found for his departure.

He is clearly well regarded enough to still be employed in an active role within the club, seems popular what someone you would describe as a model professional in Jason Pearce as well as to be employed by Cray Wanderers as their new manager. I'm not disregarding what other posters have stated however it is worthwhile remembering many seem to be trashing the guys reputation with not a shred of evidence to actually prove he is responsible for any of the accusations made against him.
  • Options
    Being 'one of the lads' doesn't make him a good coach. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Adkins removed him from first team duties. I don’t think he was universally popular with the senior coaches... 
    Who do "the coaches" actually work for?  As in who is their line manager, not who tells them what to cones to put out when. 
  • Options
    Saw a post by Pearce on Instagram congratulating Basey on his first win as interim manager of Cray and said what a great coach and guy he is.... maybe Basey isn't the trouble maker we are lead to believe?
    Basey coaches for JPs academy
  • Options
    I didnt know that. My boys go Wednesday nights and he isn't there, must be on the Monday sessions.
  • Options
    I didnt know that. My boys go Wednesday nights and he isn't there, must be on the Monday sessions.
    Yes, def Monday, though not noticed him there last couple of months tbh 
  • Options
    Rumour on the Facebook page that JJ is trying to get Martin Keown involved 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Rumour on the Facebook page that JJ is trying to get Martin Keown involved 
    I'm all for experience but having a 55 year old playing along side Pearce must leave us open to any side with pace up top. 
    He'd still be a better CB than Gunter
  • Options
    Basey is still a development coach at Charlton.

He has been given to work part time at Cray Wanderers.
  • Options
    I was talking to a mate last night who knows just about everybody in football.  Basey was only supposed to be taking the Cray Wanderers job as an interim however my understanding is he has now been sacked by Charlton now.

Bye then
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I was talking to a mate last night who knows just about everybody in football.  Basey was only supposed to be taking the Cray Wanderers job as an interim however my understanding is he has now been sacked by Charlton now.

Bye then
    Needs clarifying by an official source I think, but I wonder who if anyone will replace him here. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Swisdom said:

Bye then
    Needs clarifying by an official source I think, but I wonder who if anyone will replace him here. 
    I think @Swisdom is as close to an official source that we are going to get on here.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Swisdom said:

Bye then
    Replace him doing what?  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Swisdom said:

Bye then
    Replace him doing what?  
    Development coach or whatever his official title is (or was).