Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grant Basey appointed development coach

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Edit: Stupid double posting phone.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    NA tells the squad what the team is a few days before each match, which in turn makes training less competitive.

Got told that NA does not tell the team about the opposition either and that they just have to defend "naturally". 
    Is that why we've conceded 17 goals in 10 games?

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Off_it said:
    Another one the lynch mob has added to the "sack him" list. 

It's only a matter of time before a "Scott Minto - get rid" thread makes an appearance .....
    Abandoned us at the first whiff of Chelsea's money and only become "one of us" again when the Sky gig ran out. 

Get rid.

;) 
    Yeh there's no loyalty in the game any more. Imagine playing only 205 games for us over six years and then dumping us.

On second thoughts, imagine a player playing 205 games for us and/or for six years because I think people will find that we haven't got any.

The only one we have that gets remotely close is Pearce but, with all due respect to him, I honestly can't see Chelsea making a meaningful bid for his services!
    And here we have an absolute textbook example of a Whoosh.
    Are you sure you haven't been whooshed?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Off_it said:

It's only a matter of time before a "Scott Minto - get rid" thread makes an appearance .....
    Abandoned us at the first whiff of Chelsea's money and only become "one of us" again when the Sky gig ran out. 

Get rid.

;) 
    Yeh there's no loyalty in the game any more. Imagine playing only 205 games for us over six years and then dumping us.

On second thoughts, imagine a player playing 205 games for us and/or for six years because I think people will find that we haven't got any.

The only one we have that gets remotely close is Pearce but, with all due respect to him, I honestly can't see Chelsea making a meaningful bid for his services!
    I thought the addition of a smiley face was a give away...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Off_it said:

Get rid.

;) 

Indeed. It wasn't a pop. Which is why I said "people" rather than "you".
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Off_it said:

Get rid.

;) 

Double reverse whoosh!!

:) 

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Off_it said:

Get rid.

;) 

Double reverse whoosh!!

To be fair I probably wasn't sufficiently ironic
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    There is someone leaking info but we do not know for sure who, but what I do know, as it came from a senior player's lips last night was that NA tells the squad what the team is a few days before each match, which in turn makes training less competitive. Got told that NA does not tell the team about the opposition either and that they just have to defend "naturally". 
    If the team's known 'a few days before', then it ain't a secret is it?  20, 25 players plus all the coaching staff know the team, that's not a leak, that's not a secret.
    GB might have rubbed someone up the wrong way, so what?  Shame is he appears to have wound up a sneaky vindictive git.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Off_it said:

Get rid.

;) 

Double reverse whoosh!!

The point is that SOMEONE'S been whooshed. Quite possibly me... Which means my actual point was right. A textbook whoosh indeed, and I'm the mug who fell for it. :D
  • Options
    Seems plausible to me. I did mention in a match thread that getting the team from a youth team or squad player was highly unlikely. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    I tend to take most rumours with a pinch of salt but there was a communication going around at the time Bowyer left that indicated both he and Basey not making many friends. This was not all necessarily down to football matters
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    cafc999 said:
    There is someone leaking info but we do not know for sure who, but what I do know, as it came from a senior player's lips last night was that NA tells the squad what the team is a few days before each match, which in turn makes training less competitive. Got told that NA does not tell the team about the opposition either and that they just have to defend "naturally". 
    If the team's known 'a few days before', then it ain't a secret is it?  20, 25 players plus all the coaching staff know the team, that's not a leak, that's not a secret.
    GB might have rubbed someone up the wrong way, so what?  Shame is he appears to have wound up a sneaky vindictive git.
    If the line up is put out into the public domain then it is leaked. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Why's Basey leaking information? I'm not doubting all the in the know posters but I don't see what his angle is.
    Close relationship with Lee Bowyer, maybe isnt happy with the reasons as to why he left the club

Especially if it was more than just an opportunity to work in the Championship again
    Very close to bowyer. 
    Unhappy about being demoted. 

Count Basey told you that ?

Can't work out if Katrien Pinocchio is your hero or not ?

• Options
    Not seen him on the touchline for a while.. Assume he has gone?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He must have done - all the leaked team news has stopped. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Interesting, at a time when we've been a coach down, and Jackson has had to use U23 coaches likes Hayes with the first team, we got rid of Basey (and I assume that's what happened, rather then him leaving)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Interesting, at a time when we've been a coach down, and Jackson has had to use U23 coaches likes Hayes with the first team, we got rid of Basey (and I assume that's what happened, rather then him leaving)
    There were rumours of a very public row at the training ground involving a youth player and Basey, remarks being made which upset Euell and Bowyer also getting involved.   
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    There were rumours of a very public row at the training ground involving a youth player and Basey, remarks being made which upset Euell and Bowyer also getting involved.   
    This.

closely allied with Bowyer but didn’t go with him to Brum.  Make of that what you will.

good luck to him. A very large ex Charlton presence at Cray now and a number of them from the youth setup so he may know a few already but needs to hit the ground running as they’ve been shit recently 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    He can leak his own starting XI now...

Not Grant's fault ?
    It's in his Welsh DNA.

• Options
    I am just supprised he has been here this long.  Probably because no one knew who's job it was to sack him...... 
  • Options
    Found it funny all the people up in arms about outing him as a leak when everyone knew it was him. 
  • Options
    Found it funny all the people up in arms about outing him as a leak when everyone knew it was him. 

For those of us who don't get to Sparrows lane now and hear the gossip first hand unless bumping into coaches on my travels, in the lower level of the EFL's how did we all know about Grant Basey and his rabbit ?

The day the lad on CL announced the team and it was spot on was that the Leak from GB ?