Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Perfect draft beer pump

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Beerhawk have some machines in stock today - I have ordered one
    Excellent.. Enjoy. 
  • Options
    They’ve only got the Bud bundle unfortunately. Might get it anyway
  • Options
    Are the perfect kegs recyclable?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Boom said:
    Thats what i bought but added some extra kegs of my choice - saying that, i don't mind Bud as a starter
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Yeah you send them back and get a fiver for each one back into your account. 

Basically when they ship them to you, keep the box, put them back in the box and then ship them back (relatively easy, but still annoying compared to alternatives).
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    After the perfect draft due to the larger range available but out of stock everywhere 
    Beerhawk will be getting some more in stock this month.
    Their Black Friday sale cleaned them out (even though they were the same price as the week before black Friday)
    But new stock arriving with them this month I am told.
    Ta - just registered with them. 
    They were selling the bundles at about £ 245.00 on Black Friday.
    Oddly enough, the Stella Bundle was about £ 220.00 a week before BF, but I held on to see if it would be reduced further.. yep, I'm a fool. :(

I'm keeping my eye out to see what price they're coming back in stock at to see if I'll bite.

I've already got a sub and recently started brewing my own in the Pinter (great piece of kit!!)
    So got 2 draft machines already, but if the PerfectDraft is sensibly priced again, I might just bite this time..
    I do have a bit more space on the bar top  :D
    Just ordered one for my fiancee as it has a cider.

Unbelievably cheap per pint. I reckon they will really take off as they tick so many boxes, environment, cheap, fun etc. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:

Basically when they ship them to you, keep the box, put them back in the box and then ship them back (relatively easy, but still annoying compared to alternatives).
    I want to get a lindr machine, but they are massive and weigh about 25kg+ Plus, the beer on perfect draft is really limited.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:

I want to get a lindr machine, but they are massive and weigh about 25kg+ Plus, the beer on perfect draft is really limited.
    I was tempted myself, but I think the whole Co2 etc thing made it a bit less like an easy way to get a pint and a lot more... Laborious. How easy would it even be to get hold of the barrels for them?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Discount code available for perfect draft kegs on every 3 kegs you order. Gives you 15% off 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:
    After the perfect draft due to the larger range available but out of stock everywhere 
    Their Black Friday sale cleaned them out (even though they were the same price as the week before black Friday)
    Oddly enough, the Stella Bundle was about £ 220.00 a week before BF, but I held on to see if it would be reduced further.. yep, I'm a fool. :(

I'm keeping my eye out to see what price they're coming back in stock at to see if I'll bite.

I've already got a sub and recently started brewing my own in the Pinter (great piece of kit!!)
    So got 2 draft machines already, but if the PerfectDraft is sensibly priced again, I might just bite this time..

Unbelievably cheap per pint. I reckon they will really take off as they tick so many boxes, environment, cheap, fun etc. 
    Cost per pint using the Pinter is unbelievable. £ 1.20 - £ 1.50

Currently got a Public House IPA conditioning in the fridge.
    I might try it this evening or tomorrow depending on what time I get home from work tonight.
    Conditioning for the max amount of time and it's my first attempt, so quite looking forward to it.

It's not too hard to brew and I appreciate it's not proper brewing, but it's novel, a bit of a new hobby and something to break up the time spent at home during these crazy times..

I'll let you know how the IPA turns out  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

I might try it this evening or tomorrow depending on what time I get home from work tonight.
    Conditioning for the max amount of time and it's my first attempt, so quite looking forward to it.

It's not too hard to brew and I appreciate it's not proper brewing, but it's novel, a bit of a new hobby and something to break up the time spent at home during these crazy times..

Thanks a lot. The fact that it holds as much as a perfectdraft keg, but costs £10-£15 for the same amount is insane. 

Just have to hope it is good!
  • Options
    If it's called Watsonspoon, does that mean you need a booking to get in?
    Underrated post 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:

I was tempted myself, but I think the whole Co2 etc thing made it a bit less like an easy way to get a pint and a lot more... Laborious. How easy would it even be to get hold of the barrels for them?
    You can get them that don't need Co2, some units have inbuilt compressors. You can buy direct from breweries*, if you are smart you should be able to buy trade prices. I've bought from Villages in Deptford before, £100(inc VAT) for 30lrs(52pts).

Locally, Kernal and Fourpure will also sell you 30lr keg.
  • Options
    just tucking into a Jupiler keg with my son.

Really nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:

You can get them that don't need Co2, some units have inbuilt compressors. You can buy direct from breweries*, if you are smart you should be able to buy trade prices. I've bought from Villages in Deptford before, £100(inc VAT) for 30lrs(52pts).

Locally, Kernal and Fourpure will also sell you 30lr keg.
    Yup, just looked at keykegs. Incredibly exciting... I would love one of those, would be amazing with a party... I really like the look of the portapint machines. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    just tucking into a Jupiler keg with my son.

Really nice.
    Jupiler is the best "all day beer" going in the entire range in my opinion. Just so creamy. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Boom said:
    Thats what i bought but added some extra kegs of my choice - saying that, i don't mind Bud as a starter
    Just done the same (before seeing there was a discount code).
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

Thanks a lot. The fact that it holds as much as a perfectdraft keg, but costs £10-£15 for the same amount is insane. 

The Pinter looks very interesting. 

So you basically just add the water and the ‘press’ and leave to ferment in say the utility room for a few days then whack in the fridge for another few days to complete the process? 
  • Options

Not bad at all.. very impressive TBH for a first attempt even if I do say so myself 🍻
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

The Pinter looks very interesting. 

So you basically just add the water and the ‘press’ and leave to ferment in say the utility room for a few days then whack in the fridge for another few days to complete the process? 
    Yep.
    more of less. A bit of sterilisation first but it’s all included in the fresh press kit 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bought my PD on Black Friday Nov 19 for £170. With all the deals and discounts plus keg returns and including the PD machine, over this time I have worked out that I have paid £2.50 a pint. After my next order with discount and returns it will work out at £2.40 a pint, and I will still have 11 kegs (£55) to return for my next order.

So, although the initial outlay seems expensive, overall the average price of a pint will always go down in price every time you order.

And I highly recommend the Spatan and Leffe Summer, although I love the Stella and Lowenbrau. I haven’t tried the Jupiler yet but I am looking forward to trying it.

• Options
    Don’t forget you also get cash back from TopCashback 

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/justin20474

• Options
    out of stock again...
  • Options
    not sure not sure how it would work now post-Brexit, but this site in France still have some stock and decent bundles 

https://www.saveur-biere.com/en/5-beer-dispensers

• Options
    not sure not sure how it would work now post-Brexit, but this site in France still have some stock and decent bundles 

I tried to order from them but the website would not let me put a UK address in. That might be user error though
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I tried to order from them but the website would not let me put a UK address in. That might be user error though
    Possibly changed for this year.
    they were sending to the UK last year.
    It was worth a try 
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:
    Discount code available for perfect draft kegs on every 3 kegs you order. Gives you 15% off 
    Beerhawk also credit you 5% back for every £1 you spend on kegs. Somebody on one of the PD Facebook groups has created a spreadsheet showing most beers work out less than £2 a pint.

The biggest problem for me is that I’ve put on over a stone since lockdown!
  • Options
    Thinking about the Pinter but is there anyway to have one brewing whilst having one on the go ?

otherwise do you have days to wait after finishing one batch ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thinking about the Pinter but is there anyway to have one brewing whilst having one on the go ?

otherwise do you have days to wait after finishing one batch ? 
    They are now selling something called the co-pinter to allow you to do exactly as you asked.

while one brew is ready, you can use the brewing dock in the co-Pinter to make some more beer.
    only costs £35 too

https://thegreatergood.co.uk/collections/co-pinters

I’m gonna be getting one, the IPA was quite good indeed. Cheers 🍻 
  • Options
    I'm struggling to see the appeal of this. Believe me, I want to like it, but it's just a machine dispenses InBev beer.

Surely it's cheaper to buy cans?