Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Perfect draft beer pump

123457»

Comments

• Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    Having now used the pinter (greater good brewing company) a couple of times, I can safely say it is shit. 
    Great. Do tell more, what are the problems with it?
    Getting the lid to twist onto was exceptionally difficult, my mate who has one was also massively struggling, to the extent he called them because he thought he would break it if he put more force into it (they told him to crack on!)

One of the 2 I have brewed was absolutely awful, but that could be down to user error.

The main thing that has really pissed me off with them though, is the containers the liquids come in, I have had 2 of them explode in my cupboards on completely seperate occasions... Liquid absolutely everywhere. 
    Any strong mixture of yeast and sugar I'd keep in the fridge. I've had untold cans pop in the cupboard/transit. Highly fruited gose/sour beers are incredibly popular at the moment. These are renowned for doing weird things if not conditioned.

Thanks for the feedback, I don't think I'm going to buy one.
  • edited June 2021
    Coincidentally, my next door neighbour just knocked to talk about some thames water supply issues we have in common, and was also keen to mention he's bought a Pinter. Surprised when I told him I'm on my fourth brew now (APA which I ve just tapped and will be lovely). He loves his too, fridge space is his only frustration. 

The presses dont come with yeast in them, that comes in dried form and is only added at the brew stage. That said, there seem to be some wild yeasts that crept in to some presses and have caused them to swell in the warmer weather and if not refrigerated. TGG have allegedly been very good at replaceing them, but i havent had an issue.
  • Gonna have a spare fridge in the garage soon so hopefully be able to use that for Pinter

How are people getting on with them - any more horror stories or all good ?
  • PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    Huskaris said:
    Having now used the pinter (greater good brewing company) a couple of times, I can safely say it is shit. 
    Great. Do tell more, what are the problems with it?
    Getting the lid to twist onto was exceptionally difficult, my mate who has one was also massively struggling, to the extent he called them because he thought he would break it if he put more force into it (they told him to crack on!)

One of the 2 I have brewed was absolutely awful, but that could be down to user error.

The main thing that has really pissed me off with them though, is the containers the liquids come in, I have had 2 of them explode in my cupboards on completely seperate occasions... Liquid absolutely everywhere. 
    Any strong mixture of yeast and sugar I'd keep in the fridge. I've had untold cans pop in the cupboard/transit. Highly fruited gose/sour beers are incredibly popular at the moment. These are renowned for doing weird things if not conditioned.

Thanks for the feedback, I don't think I'm going to buy one.
    Funnily enough, you add the yeast in separately from memory!

• I'll give the pinter another go soon... 

Have to say though, the Blade that I have is absolutely amazing. 

The speed at which it can chill a keg is unreal, and it just holds that extra few pints, amazing for hosting as well, just looks a cut above. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Gonna have a spare fridge in the garage soon so hopefully be able to use that for Pinter

Pinter works well for me.
    haven’t brewed for a while but been a bit busy.

space hopper is fantastic as well as the Weiss nights.

they’ve developed a handy app now so you can keep track of your brews too
  • edited July 2021
    Got a Weiss nights waiting for the next brew and a Lockwood conditioning at the moment, given to me by a perfect draft buddy who drinks crap lager all the time anyway, so no idea why he bought a Pinter, which I have bought from him.
    DM and space hopper on order with the voucher.
    I've experienced no problems with either with my Pinter or my mates, though his original tap was jammed shut and the tap handle had no screws in it. Both of these quickly replaced.
    Below is the Lockwood loaf I made today with the trub. Fab.
    And when you make a good beer from the Pinter, it really is better than just about anything. It has a real zing, like comparing home baked bread with a sliced white loaf.

• MrOneLung said:
    Gonna have a spare fridge in the garage soon so hopefully be able to use that for Pinter

Fridge space is my only issue. If you condition for a decent length of time, which massively improves the quality of the beer, it holds up the next one going in. I have the space now, just need to find a Gumtree bargain.
  • IdleHans said:
    MrOneLung said:

Fridge space is my only issue. If you condition for a decent length of time, which massively improves the quality of the beer, it holds up the next one going in. I have the space now, just need to find a Gumtree bargain.
    plenty of fridges going on the 'cash in hand' thread
  • Perfect draft is back in stock on the beer hawk site. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just finished off a keg of Key Lime, very nice, but not something I would order ona regulat basis.
    Now got a keg of Hertog Jan ready to go.
  • Just finished off a keg of Key Lime, very nice, but not something I would order ona regulat basis.
    Not tried the draft Key Lime.
    had it in cans but wasn’t a great beer for me.
    currently got Jupiler loaded in the PD.
    not a bad lager.
    loved the Clwb Tropica from Tiny Rebel tho

• The sub I went for some different beers 
    zypfer
    gosser
    affilgem blond 

all pretty rank have 1 of each left 

will stick to getting moretti in the future 
    Not tried the draft Key Lime.
    had it in cans but wasn’t a great beer for me.
    currently got Jupiler loaded in the PD.
    not a bad lager.
    loved the Clwb Tropica from Tiny Rebel tho

Love Key Lime.

Clwb Tropicana is a really special IPA.