Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Perfect draft beer pump

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I'm struggling to see the appeal of this. Believe me, I want to like it, but it's just a machine dispenses InBev beer.

Surely it's cheaper to buy cans?
    Of course it's cheaper but it's much nicer from a machine. I got a Klarstein last year which is cheap and nowhere near as good as the one discussed on here but still very good value for money. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I'm struggling to see the appeal of this. Believe me, I want to like it, but it's just a machine dispenses InBev beer.

Why pay for Sky when you have BBC and ITV?

Ice cold beer on tap which tastes better than cans. 

That's about it mate. 

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Of course it's cheaper but it's much nicer from a machine. I got a Klarstein last year which is cheap and nowhere near as good as the one discussed on here but still very good value for money. 
    It's a nice thing to have in doors when your friends come round. No way InBev beer tastes better out of a perfect draft than a can. It's the old bottled beer tastes better than canned beer argument. Correctly stored they should taste the same.

Generally I'm not a fan of InBev beer. In an ideal world I'd buy a lindr machine, but having 50 pints ready to go would be a really bad idea.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

It's a nice thing to have in doors when your friends come round. No way InBev beer tastes better out of a perfect draft than a can. It's the old bottled beer tastes better than canned beer argument. Correctly stored they should taste the same.

Generally I'm not a fan of InBev beer. In an ideal world I'd buy a lindr machine, but having 50 pints ready to go would be a really bad idea.
    As it goes, when I did the tour of Tiny rebel a couple years ago, they said that cans offer the best level of freshness, far better than glass bottles.

Having said that, it might be skewed by the fact they are heavily can based in their own manufacturing... 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

As it goes, when I did the tour of Tiny rebel a couple years ago, they said that cans offer the best level of freshness, far better than glass bottles.

Having said that, it might be skewed by the fact they are heavily can based in their own manufacturing... 
    Canning lines are really good these days. Siren Craft Beer Co held off canning a lot longer than most other craft breweries. Their argument being that they wouldn't can until they were 100% satisfied with the canning capabilities.
    I might be wrong, I think they were referring to the installation of their own canning line rather than replying on mobile canning units. I have heard horror stories regarding mobile canning lines.

Anyway, I've taken this off on a bit of a tangent. 

I didn't realise until I looked at the beer range that Perfect Draft was an InBev thing. In hindsight this should have been fairly obvious seeing as they are sold on BeerHawk.
  • Options
    @cafc999
    Budweiser bundle is now back in stock

• Options
    @cafc999

Ordered mine last week
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    @cafc999

Ordered mine last week
    So you did.. sorry.
    I can’t remember for the life of me now who else’s was after one.
    might even have been a work colleague 🙄

Back to sleep for me

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    @cafc999

Ordered mine last week
    So you did.. sorry.
    I can’t remember for the life of me now who else’s was after one.
    might even have been a work colleague 🙄

Back to sleep for me

Lol
  • Options
    Back in stock @SE7toSG3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thinking about the Pinter but is there anyway to have one brewing whilst having one on the go ?

otherwise do you have days to wait after finishing one batch ? 
    They are now selling something called the co-pinter to allow you to do exactly as you asked.

while one brew is ready, you can use the brewing dock in the co-Pinter to make some more beer.
    only costs £35 too

https://thegreatergood.co.uk/collections/co-pinters

I’m gonna be getting one, the IPA was quite good indeed. Cheers 🍻 
    Just had a look at this on there website, this looks amazing! I'm really tempted to have a go.

Would you recommend ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thinking about the Pinter but is there anyway to have one brewing whilst having one on the go ?

otherwise do you have days to wait after finishing one batch ? 
    They are now selling something called the co-pinter to allow you to do exactly as you asked.

while one brew is ready, you can use the brewing dock in the co-Pinter to make some more beer.
    only costs £35 too

https://thegreatergood.co.uk/collections/co-pinters

I’m gonna be getting one, the IPA was quite good indeed. Cheers 🍻 
    Just had a look at this on there website, this looks amazing! I'm really tempted to have a go.

Would you recommend ?

Got it for Christmas (after numerous heavy hints from me) and I've made 1 brew from it, so far, and it's not too hard.
    Just got to time it right so that the beer will be ready for when you want it.

I started tapping it on Friday evening and finished it Sunday afternoon.. a few pints each day and, it really was quite good.

If you can spare 30 - 45 mins to clean and prepare, I'd say go for it.
    I was not disappointed.

I did spend a bit of time finding out as much as I could before receiving it and found this video very helpful.

For an initial £ 75.00 outlay which should produce 20 pints, I'd say try it.
  • Options
    Took delivery of my Perfect Draft pump today. I'm currently in the process of building an office/bar in my garden to make working from home easier but also having somewhere to bugger off to for a beer at home.

Anyway, I thought until that's finished I would set up my Perfect Draft in the kitchen to test it out. Lady RedArmySE7 has put her foot down and said that's unacceptable. 

So I have a dilemma. 

Does anyone know where I can dispose of a girlfriend? 
    Spend your whole day in the office/bar in the garden for a few weeks and the problem will sort itself!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Took delivery of my Perfect Draft pump today. I'm currently in the process of building an office/bar in my garden to make working from home easier but also having somewhere to bugger off to for a beer at home.

Anyway, I thought until that's finished I would set up my Perfect Draft in the kitchen to test it out. Lady RedArmySE7 has put her foot down and said that's unacceptable. 

So I have a dilemma. 

Does anyone know where I can dispose of a girlfriend? 
    Spend your whole day in the office/bar in the garden for a few weeks and the problem will sort itself!
    I'll probably move in there, once it's finished.
  • Options
    Got my PD system from Holland a couple of weeks back now, it arrived quickly and easy to set up, chills to 3 degrees as expected, I have registered with Beer Hawk and so far ordered twice, first off I tried the Leffe Blonde and a German Alt Beer, the Alt Beer didn't arrive instead they had sent far more expensive 'Kwak', I was offered a return or to keep it along with 150 tokens for my trouble, anyone tried it, is it good? 

Moving on, I then ordered some Jupiler and a German pilsner, in place of the pilsner came a keg of Jaipur IPA, same scenario, £10 more expensive and again I have opted to keep it and accept more tokens of good will. 

Impressive customer service if fairly shoddy despatchers, so far though it has worked in my favour    
  • Options
    Can't believe I've missed this thread!

I'm in the process of kitting out a summer house as a bar and have been thinking about the best way to serve draft. Not any more - just ordered a PerfectDraft pump from Beer Hawk!
  • Options
    So is the general opinion the perfect draft is the best one to go for? 
    Ironically I’m looking for one despite having 13 pumps in my pub! 
    To all my friends I’ve only ever been a landlord so when they come to visit they get a good pint but now I live out I’d better up my game for my home offering, but I don’t really drink all that much anymore so these sound a good way forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Got my PD system from Holland a couple of weeks back now, it arrived quickly and easy to set up, chills to 3 degrees as expected, I have registered with Beer Hawk and so far ordered twice, first off I tried the Leffe Blonde and a German Alt Beer, the Alt Beer didn't arrive instead they had sent far more expensive 'Kwak', I was offered a return or to keep it along with 150 tokens for my trouble, anyone tried it, is it good? 

Moving on, I then ordered some Jupiler and a German pilsner, in place of the pilsner came a keg of Jaipur IPA, same scenario, £10 more expensive and again I have opted to keep it and accept more tokens of good will. 

Impressive customer service if fairly shoddy despatchers, so far though it has worked in my favour    
    @SE7toSG3 Beware. Kwak is 8.4%. Keep the paracetamol handy for the morning!

I’ve never had a problem with Beerhawk. Very prompt delivery - usually 48 hours.

There’s a Facebook group that has a 15% discount code with Beerhawk that’s worth having. 5% in beer tokens for every £1 spent and £5 for every returned keg. Virtually giving it away! 
  • Options
    These have been out of stock for sometime, just managed to bag one with a good choice of kegs. Will try to save some until Bank Holiday weekend but not sure if that will be possible.

I have ordered:

• Stella 
    • Lowenbrau
    • Jupiler
    • Leffe
    • Hoegaarden
    • Franziskaner

• Options
    These have been out of stock for sometime, just managed to bag one with a good choice of kegs. Will try to save some until Bank Holiday weekend but not sure if that will be possible.

I have ordered:

• Stella 
    • Lowenbrau
    • Jupiler
    • Leffe
    • Hoegaarden
    • Franziskaner

It arrived this morning, working from home is not good, I am using every drop of willpower not to open it, set it up and try. If I did the rest of the day would be a right off. 🥴
  • Options

I have ordered:

• Stella 
    • Lowenbrau
    • Jupiler
    • Leffe
    • Hoegaarden
    • Franziskaner

It arrived this morning, working from home is not good, I am using every drop of willpower not to open it, set it up and try. If I did the rest of the day would be a right off. 🥴
    Once the levee breaks...
  • Options

I have ordered:

• Stella 
    • Lowenbrau
    • Jupiler
    • Leffe
    • Hoegaarden
    • Franziskaner

Start with the Stella, what could go wrong mate 
  • Options
    From what I've seen most of them seem to be aimed at lager drinkers?  Can anyone recommend a draft ale system/supplier for bitter/porter type beers?
  • Options
    Just placed a top-up order with Beer Hawk - 3x Leffe Blonde and 3x Lowenbrau.

The plan is for an Easter BBQ but that might not work as it should be here tomorrow. I can start to drown my sorrows at about 5.00pm.

• Options

I have ordered:

• Stella 
    • Lowenbrau
    • Jupiler
    • Leffe
    • Hoegaarden
    • Franziskaner

You might want to get a keg in the fridge, or set it up now and get it cooling.
  • Options

I have ordered:

• Stella 
    • Lowenbrau
    • Jupiler
    • Leffe
    • Hoegaarden
    • Franziskaner

You should be OK, it takes about 12 hours to reach 3 degrees. :)