Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton | Sat 21 Sept | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    I'm worried by the lack of energy throughout the side. We couldn't match their tempo and it didn't feel like they got out of third gear.
  • Options
    Poor stuff that one.
  • Options
    The bubble has well and truly burst. Was expecting this result today so not too disappointed. Watch the lads beat Leeds next week to make up for this disappointment 
  • Options
    Hopefully Bow is very honest and says it how it is. Seems like he had/will do.

Next week a big one as Leeds are a very good side. With two defeats in a row now, I think a change in setting up could be needed, especially against the league leaders. I’d start with 5 in midfield and go from there, this is a game where the ball ought to be on the ground far more than not.

Two defeats against sides we maybe could’ve expected to have got points from and that’s what hurts more. Losing Taylor is a blow beyond words as I genuinely don’t believe we would’ve lost both had he not been out.

Need to learn quickly and that’s where Bow earns his salt in a way. We know he’s a fantastic manager already, but how he gets us to respond is key.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Hopefully Bow is very honest and says it how it is. Seems like he had/will do.

Next week a big one as Leeds are a very good side. With two defeats in a row now, I think a change in setting up could be needed, especially against the league leaders. I’d start with 5 in midfield and go from there, this is a game where the ball ought to be on the ground far more than not.

Two defeats against sides we maybe could’ve expected to have got points from and that’s what hurts more. Losing Taylor is a blow beyond words as I genuinely don’t believe we would’ve lost both had he not been out.

Need to learn quickly and that’s where Bow earns his salt in a way. We know he’s a fantastic manager already, but how he gets us to respond is key.
    Totally agree with you. 
    Hopefully he will have seen enough to know that Hemed and Leko  does not work as a partnership. 
  • Options
    Oh, and thanks Monserratt.
    Do they not shoot either....??

2 games, 0 goals.......with shots on target in both games coming well after the 60th minute. I dont give stuff what "expected goals" says....the more you shoot the more likely  you will score.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Must've been very bad then seeing as we got smashed 3-0 at MK Dons in the cup last season.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Must've been very bad then seeing as we got smashed 3-0 at MK Dons in the cup last season.

I definitely prefer Bow's crewnecks to Parkinson's v-necks.
  • Options
    Very disappointing performance. Yes we massively miss Lyle but today we were rubbish all over the park. Not a dig a Naby, but we missed Pearce today, we looked so vulnerable at the back today, not helped by Pratley going off as he was doing a lot of the dirty work today, with some vital blocks and challenges.

Lockyer is a good defender, but he does need to improve his finishing as it’s a definite weakness. 2 of the chances he had should have been buried, or at least tested the keeper. 
  • Options
    I couldn't help but notice Bonne and Aneke have a disagreement at around 85 but missed the catalyst, any ideas? 
  • Options
    Did Dillon come out for the crosses from corners when they scored? Should he have done?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Did Dillon come out for the crosses from corners when they scored? Should he have done?
    No I'd say they were in the areas that should have been dealt with by the outfield players

i.e. for the first Dunkley just manouvered two players out the way to get his shot away, his shot, not a header... Says it all
  • Options
    Thought we were outplayed from one end of the pitch to the other. Lockyer was by far our best player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shipped three in the last two matches
    ...my concern though is that we're now not finding the back of the net.

Do Steve Gallen and Bows now need to be checking out potential out and out strikers in the Lyle mould ahead of the next window...perhaps they are already on the case.

Alternatively, hope (against hope) that Lyle can be re-signed...probably a long shot, who knows.

Itm, in Bows (JJ and Gallen) we trust...time for a re-set and rip back against the flow v Leeds on home turf...COYR!!!
  • Options
    I was hoping we’d get something out of this game.... apart from getting beat!

Think I’d take a point from our next two games, hope the boys can prove me wrong and Lee and Jacko can come up with a winning formula.
  • Options
    Reminds me a bit of our first Premiership season. Great start, ran into an ordinary but streetwise Derby team and lost 0-1 at home, went on a run of defeats.

Powell's first Championship team also went on a poor run but finished 9th.

I think Bowyer has the right attitude, and won't allow the players to get too low after a couple of defeats.  It's an unforgiving game if you can't take your chances, but these are still the same players who started so well. Taylor will be a miss, of course, but we do have other players capable. I think we'll be OK. 
  • Options
    We might have dropped out of the play offs , but we'll win against Leeds on Saturday !
    Hope you're right but can only see another defeat - we can't score.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Honeymoon over, tin hat time as the likely social media over reaction kicks in
    And bloody ridiculous it will be too, no doubt.

People talking about promotion and the like. Ridiculous.
    Seriously ridiculous.

Let's see where we are after 15 games, a good barometer.
  • Options
    Last time we were in the Championship, we started well under Peeters, went to Reading, won and promptly imploded. #justsaying
    Enter Guy Luzon?
  • Options
    Went to watch local team St Blazey win 7-1...
    Any pictures?
  • Options
    14 points down, 36 to go.

114 points still to play for.