Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton | Sat 21 Sept | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

1235»

Comments

• Options
    We can also see, at the same time of the Sarr 'penalty' incident, their keeper wrapped his arm round Aneke's neck on the goal line.

• Options
    For the first goal, we have someone defending the front post who proceeds to fall over rather than clear the ball - trying to work out who it is. So we can assign the blame fairly, like ;)
  • Options
    Oh it's Pratley, surprise ;)

Gets in Naby's way too! Disaster 
  • Options
    I’m not too worried about the scoreline and on reflection after the highlights, we could have got something out of it, especially with the Pen.

It was the level of performance that was the most worrying aspect.
    I am not too worried at present. I will only be worried if it is 3 or 4 performances like that not just the one.
  • Options
    OK that's over so now what would Curbs have done next? Make sure we have bodies to defend and flood the pitch with strength. So Phillips; Lockyer Pearce Saar; Kayal Pratley Cullen Gallagher; Williams; Aneke; Hemed. More physical presence against a powerful Leeds side. At least a draw!.

• Options
    Haven't seen the last few games for one reason or another but I agree that Chuks could be the answer in Taylor's absence. Sounds like we are missing a physical presence up top as much as anything and I really think that Chuks has a lot more to offer than what he has currently shown and a bit of extended game time will help him no end 
  • Options
    I'd also get Cullen back into the midfield anchor role - that's his game and he's wasted elsewhere
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I'd also get Cullen back into the midfield anchor role - that's his game and he's wasted elsewhere

Agree with this, pull Cullen deeper allowing you to put Williams into central midfield with Gallagher, freeing up a number 10 spot for either Aneke or Oztumer.
  • Options
    Conceding once to a CH at a set play could be "one of those things", conceding twice to the same bloke in similar circs is down to some chump flat not doing his job properly and he needs his balls kicking from here til Christmas.  Hopefully the culprit has the backbone to have fessed up for Bow and the squad to have ripped him a new one.
    The ref cheating us out of the penalty for the drag back on Sarr is an all too familiar corruption that very little can be done to resolve.  Holding these amoeba up to scrutiny just gets the club an even worse rep with the whores at EFL/FA.  We fans however can keep the names of the wrongdoers in the spotlight and call out these worthless blights each and every time they choose to roger games for their own foul amusement.  Andy Davies that means you - hang up your whistle and go do something more appropriate for your level of integrity, if you come to the Valley you can expect a barrage of profane, hostile invective from the stands and plenty of laxative in your pre-match cuppa - don't think we won't.

Bow's still missing out on the best of Cullen, our best player.  For Leeds, I think a move to a Sarr/Pearce/Lockyer back 3, with Pratley and Cullen in front of them, is needed to shore up our currently flimsy spine.  Purrington wingbacks on the left, Solly or Oshi on the right (whoever's fitter).  Gallagher's a shoo in.  The other attack minded players are a punt of 2 from Leko, Williams, and Chuks, all have their plus points but none convinces for 90 minutes game after game.  2 wheezy, clumsy showings from Hemed tell me he's too far from ready to start, the rest of the bench will be made up from those who've featured thus far and remain fit.
  • Options
    don't know if anyone got the train saturday 18.11 out of wigan or the 10.30 from euston - both were delayed due to faults on trains, but i just had an email from virgin apologising for the delay and telling me my refund was successful. anyone else the same?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was on the 18.11 back did you put a claim in.
    Also does it matter if you book direct with virgin or through someone like trainline 
  • Options
    having looked it up, the virgin train if booked direct on virgin website will be automatically applied. 
  • Options
    having looked it up, the virgin train if booked direct on virgin website will be automatically applied. 
    Cheers
  • Options
    @clb74

Automatic Delay Repay

You're eligible for Automatic Delay Repay if:

• you booked through www.virgintrains.co.uk or our app
    • you booked an Advance ticket
    • your journey was on a Virgin Trains West Coast Mainline service from point to point

Just a heads up, from 8 December we’ll no longer be operating as Virgin Trains, so First Trenitalia will be handling all claims.

Delay Repay

If your journey with us on our West Coast Mainline service is delayed for 30 minutes or more but your ticket doesn’t qualify for Automatic Delay Repay, please make a claim by clicking the button below.

• Options
    wasn't there .. the highlights indicate our defence was very poor .. the first goal was a farce, the second showed up our lack of height in defence even with Sarr replacing Pearce.
    Still a goodish start to the season .. however, Bowyer, MUST find a plan/pattern to compensate for Taylor's absence .. the team and us fans have gotta keep the faith
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Agree with this, pull Cullen deeper allowing you to put Williams into central midfield with Gallagher, freeing up a number 10 spot for either Aneke or Oztumer.
    Our midfield was constantly overrun on Saturday, removing a defensive midfielder would surely make it worse? 
  • Options
    Terrible defending there. That second goal was a joke 
  • Options
    @clb74

Automatic Delay Repay

You're eligible for Automatic Delay Repay if:

• you booked through www.virgintrains.co.uk or our app
    • you booked an Advance ticket
    • your journey was on a Virgin Trains West Coast Mainline service from point to point

Just a heads up, from 8 December we’ll no longer be operating as Virgin Trains, so First Trenitalia will be handling all claims.

Delay Repay

If your journey with us on our West Coast Mainline service is delayed for 30 minutes or more but your ticket doesn’t qualify for Automatic Delay Repay, please make a claim by clicking the button below.

First Trenitalia ?
    Obviously, to be known from now on as First Genitalia.
  • Options
    Even though Cook wouldn't have known our CB line up till 2pm, he was always going to play 6ft.5in Keifer Moore on the left so he was against Lockyer, at 5ft 11 and the mobile Jamal Lowe against Sarr. Also Michael Jacobs was a real threat with his attacking runs.
    Yet despite our terrible first half performance they only scored from a corner.
    2nd half we had the four chances but no composure and they scored from a corner again.

Doesn't matter what formation you play if you can't do the basics. 

Only improved when Bonne and Aneke made runs and suddenly we started to get in their area.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    don't know if anyone got the train saturday 18.11 out of wigan or the 10.30 from euston - both were delayed due to faults on trains, but i just had an email from virgin apologising for the delay and telling me my refund was successful. anyone else the same?
    Virgin have just got back to me saying it was only 20 mins which i thought it was.
    Did they pay you the full fare
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Not sure if others noticed but when he was subbed on the hour Hemed left the pitch In accordance with the new rule at the nearest point near the six yard box shaking his head as if not totally happy with being subbed. He acknowledgingly clapped the fans and to be fair to him Leko and a couple of others could quite easily have been hooked.
    Hooked? That explains thé performance.
  • Options
    @palarsehater We we also on those trains both ways. Booked direct on the Virgin site. Haven't automatically got refunds. Not sure why some have and some haven't. Have now put in a claim on their web site and they say their timing to get back is within 28 days! 

Out of interest was your ticket just for Euston to Wigan or did it include travel into London as well? 
  • Options
    I had my refund through today of £20 @redman

Please see below my booking confirmation

worth mentioning the total cost of my booking was 86.30 due to a mate not having a railcard his fare was £52

• Options
    @palarsehater thanks. I expect the reason it hasn't come automatic is that my ticket was a through ticket from home in Eynsford. However we were booked on these same 2 trains. Hopefully refund will come now I have claimed.