Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    It is interesting watching them at the moment. Maybe this is because they are feeling under pressure, but they do seem a bit risk averse when attacking. Looking for that perfect goal rather than a few speculative ones. Against defensive teams that are well organised, it doesn't hurt to try some higher risk options as the ball generally comes back to you. 

Maybe they don't take up crossing opportunities, or when they do make low crosses, because they lack aerial threat. It was interesting that their goal was a high cross that was headed in. But it was headed relatively without pressure. If I was OGS, I know what sort of player I would be looking for.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

This is literally laughable. Never seen anything like it!
    I've seen the worst defending in Sunday league but one think all teams do without fail is leave a couple of people back for a corner.

Bizarre.
  • Options
    Where were the full backs Wan-Bassaka and Shaw? As it was as corner surely at least one of them would normally stay back, especially Wan-Bassaka who's hardly known for his attacking play
  • Options
    Where were the full backs Wan-Bassaka and Shaw? As it was as corner surely at least one of them would normally stay back, especially Wan-Bassaka who's hardly known for his attacking play

AWB is the one that gives the ball away! What I don't understand though is how no one saw this, not the GK, not Matic, not Ole, not any of the people on the bench. Is mind boggling.
  • Options

AWB is the one that gives the ball away! What I don't understand though is how no one saw this, not the GK, not Matic, not Ole, not any of the people on the bench. Is mind boggling.
    I think Matic was supposed to be the one back (albeit everyone knows you should have two back to stop a one on one with Ba).  

Why no one was going crazy at him for then heading off towards the right hand side while ball watching, I have not got a clue.
  • Options

I think Matic was supposed to be the one back (albeit everyone knows you should have two back to stop a one on one with Ba).  

Why no one was going crazy at him for then heading off towards the right hand side while ball watching, I have not got a clue.
    Leaving Matic back is suicide, he literally is the slowest player in their squad. 
  • Options
    I watched that game yesterday and any new manager coming in should fuck Pogba off to Madrid pronto. He’s the most overrated pile of shit I’ve seen. Doesn’t work hard, constantly falls over and gives the ball away. He gets away with it for France cos their other players are sensational. Cannot stand the bloke.
    Yup, if they'd have planned better they could have  asked in on him and De Gea for £150m plus between them a couple of years ago.

Now they'll be lucky to get £40m for him and they are stuck with De Gea making mistakes on wages no one else will pay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen the goal, you can hear the whole bench screaming GET BACK!! GET BACK!!! Absolutely hilarious.
  • Options
    Unbelievable goal, every time you watch it. How can your defence be that switched off after 12 minutes of a game. This is the CL, we’d be ranting about this if it happened in League 1. Embarrassing from all players involved.
  • Options

This is literally laughable. Never seen anything like it!
    That's mad. 

You wouldn't see that in a Sunday league game, when the centre half screams you sit on him ill sweep
  • Options
    He’s never looked the part. Bit like Giggs doesn’t seem a manager just and ex player 
  • Options
    Man Utd are 2 - 0 down after 41 minutes at Southampton. Defeat will see them slip to 14th in the table on 13 points. Just how long will the board put up with this ? 
    I’d say a big game for Mikel Arteta at Arsenal today too. 
  • Options
    One win puts them both back up to 6th so I don't think they're in much trouble. 

It's just a very tight league this season due to the lack of fans + fitness. 
  • Options
    😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    masicat said:
    😂😂😂😂
    Yep 
  • Options
    Claimed a club record today for consecutive away wins
  • Options
    Unfortunately De Gea injury is not serious. The sooner Pogba and him depart the better for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One win puts them both back up to 6th so I don't think they're in much trouble. 

It's just a very tight league this season due to the lack of fans + fitness. 
    Exactly- win their game in hand and suddenly they are two points off top.

They'll probably lose it, admittedly.

Doing well in Europe too so I think he's fine for a while.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    2-0 down
    but PSG game currently not being played
    could PSG have the match awarded to their opponents and save Ole till another day

• Options
    PSG would have 9 points same as Man United, thought it then went on their head to head record, United won 2-1 in Paris and PSG won 3-1 in Manchester, does that give PSG the advantage?

• Options
    United are out. 

PSG have the superior head to head so that's that for Ole's men. The Europa league beckons! The PSG game tonight makes no difference for united.

I find it incredible that Ole is still at the wheel and even more so how many united fans still jump to his defense. I do get it, he is a club hero but honestly as a manager, he is just dreadful. 

He has no tactics or game plan, the first half performance against Southampton last weekend was as bad as it gets and last night somehow managed to play 5 at the back but still look like they were playing with two defenders. His approach is to try and put all his best attacking players on the field and hope for the best and by law of averages, when you have an attack that contains Bruno Fernandes, Rashford and Martial, you will score goals and win premier league matches. All this does is pave over the cracks. 

It baffles me is Pochettino is still there without a club and there for the taking, having said before he would be happy to stay in England. He hauled Spurs to a CL final with the lowest net spend out of the top 6, significantly improved a lot of their squad, oversaw the rise of Harry Kane who is on his way to being one of the greatest strikers in Premier League history but some fans are still skeptical because he didn't deliver a trophy...

I posed this question to my united supporting mates, how many clubs in the premier league would genuinely hand on heart, swap their current manager for OGS? I think the fact that the answer is little to none, speaks volumes of how far united have fallen/fans are in denial about him. I genuinely wouldn't swap him for Lee Bowyer despite this little current blip!  
  • Options
    I suppose there are two ways to look at it. One way is Man Utd are climbing the league and actually, they now have more chance of winning a European trophy as a result.  

The other way is that they are just not good enough. They were terrible last night and a club of that size has reasonable expectations of being better. 
  • Options
    after the win at Southampton Ollie Ollie Ollie described himself and his team as a crew full of Viking spirit and courage .. after last night they all look more like Hagar the Horrible
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Image result for hagar the horrible charactersSee the source image
  • Options
    I suppose there are two ways to look at it. One way is Man Utd are climbing the league and actually, they now have more chance of winning a European trophy as a result.  

The other way is that they are just not good enough. They were terrible last night and a club of that size has reasonable expectations of being better. 
    The truth is Manchester United as a club and brand must be picking up at least domestic silverware and qualifying yearly for the Champions League. Whoever is in charge has that as a minimum expectation. I think this season is critical for OGS as manager and should he fail on both fronts then he’ll be gone. If he achieves one or the other or even both then for now he’ll get another crack. There’s no doubt he’s under massive and increasing scrutiny.
  • Options

The truth is Manchester United as a club and brand must be picking up at least domestic silverware and qualifying yearly for the Champions League. Whoever is in charge has that as a minimum expectation. I think this season is critical for OGS as manager and should he fail on both fronts then he’ll be gone. If he achieves one or the other or even both then for now he’ll get another crack. There’s no doubt he’s under massive and increasing scrutiny.
    OGS isn't really the problem though, it's the board and Ed Woodward.

Just in the last 2-3 years they:

Let Lukaku go and didn't replace him
    Sold Smalling after he did really well in Italy even though their defence has been poor.
    Paid 55m for Fred
    Wouldn't pay the money for Maguire then panicked a year later and paid about 20m more for him.
    Wouldn't pay the money for Sancho, dicked around all summer then panicked on deadline day and got Cavani in.