Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Pochettino isn't leaving PSG unless he's sacked and absolutely no chance Nagelsmann is leaving Bayern.

Ten Hag i think would be a good appointment, his Ajax side play some brilliant football. But i think United have to go for a bigger name, so for me it needs to be Zidane or Conte.
  • Options
    But is Zidane actually a great manager?  Always seemed under pressure at Madrid because of performances.

id love to see him over here but not sure if a fiery manager would work with the likes of Pogba and Cronaldo and similarly would he know what todo with talents like Greenwood and Rashford
  • Options
    I wouldn't class Zidane as a great tactical manager in the sense of a Guardiola or Klopp but you can't argue with what he did at Madrid. Managed a notoriously difficult club, united a dressing room full of egos and won 3 consecutive champions leagues. Then after leaving he went back there and won the league.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The lack of English managers in top jobs is a worry. Only 3 in the premier league! 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The Times reporting on the game mentioned Man United defended like a league one team. They’ve obviously been watching us prior to Saturday!
  • Options
    They would be insulted if we said we'd been defending like Manchester United.
  • Options
    No idea how he got the job. Who can sort the mess out?
  • Options
    I would probably go for Zidane (just about) but think it will be Conte
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This season:

Tackles Won: 61 (20th)
    Errors  leading to shots: 8 (=20th)
    Clean sheets: 1 (=18th)
    Goals conceded: 15 (=16th)

It's not what they do they do when they have the ball that's the problem. But then, unlike City, Chelsea and Liverpool they aren't set up to defend from the front simply because they don't have the type of players with that mentality. And you can see why Greenwood is left out of England's squad too - would Pep put up with Grealish or Foden wandering around and not putting a shift in the way he does?
  • Options
    I think Man Utd should keep an eye out for somebody better, quietly, but in the meantime keep Solskjaer. It would be pointless sacking him and then making a desperate appointment. It is far harder at the very top as the pot of managers is far smaller.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The lack of English managers in top jobs is a worry. Only 3 in the premier league! 
    It goes hand in hand with the lack of quality English players and English owners in the Premier League. 

We invented the game and sold our soul to TV money.
  • Options
    If you look at their next run of games you cant see them picking up many points. I would think City are looking forward to their game lol
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Football can be a funny game. They may get a better reaction to a 5-0 than a narrower defeat.
  • Options
    The funny thing is he just signed a new 3 year deal in the summer so he's contracted to 2024. Nice work if you can get it.
  • Options
    That was a shocking performance yesterday by United, the defence was simply inept. The sky pundits tore them to bits afterwards, god knows what Roy Keane would have said?. It's been coming coming all season, and the team seems to have too many 'star' players, who think they are world class. 
  • Options
    Chelsea are the example here - Lampard was a fan's favourite as a player but as a manager he was out of his depth, spent some decent money last summer and wasn't doing well.

Chelsea replaced him with a manager with a proper track record and look what's happened.

Solskjaer has had more time, more money and less success, they should get rid.  He's not turning it around and winning anything soon is he?
  • Options
    Chelsea are the example here - Lampard was a fan's favourite as a player but as a manager he was out of his depth, spent some decent money last summer and wasn't doing well.

Chelsea replaced him with a manager with a proper track record and look what's happened.

Solskjaer has had more time, more money and less success, they should get rid.  He's not turning it around and winning anything soon is he?
    At least with Lampard he has the legacy of bringing through some important youth players...James, Mount, Tomori, Abraham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gone? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gone? 
    Not seen anything
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gone? 
    Where?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gone? 
    Not seen anything
    First team and coaching staff told to stay away from the training ground today.  The injured players, including Phil Jones, were not told and got sent away when they got there this morning.

It's done but they don't want the new manager getting a thumping in the city game.  Could be Darren Fletcher as caretaker. 

I don't think they will "give it to giggsy until the end of the season" this time. 
  • Options
    From todays MEN - it is understood United players are on a day off ahead of preparations for the Spurs fixture. United have a rare free midweek due to their elimination from the League Cup by West Ham last month.
  • Options
    They'll never go back to him of course, but David Moyes at proving that he's still a very good manager

West Ham are 4th in the table PLUS doing really well in the Europa League, a competition which often derails mid sized clubs