Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Those players are an absolute disgrace. OGS clearly has to go, but wtf can you do when Maguire is behaving like that and the other defenders refuse to make any sort of challenge
    I look at it like the last few weeks of us under Adkins when we played/defended like a disgrace most weeks. We were clearly better than we were, but something was wrong and they were just not playing for the manager. United look the same, plenty of good players but just not doing it.

I think any new manager gets them playing better than Ole.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Blimey, can you imagine a side like Man United going away to Watford and getting thrashed like that 10-20 years ago? There would have been hell to pay.

Man United was always one of those clubs where the intimidation factor was at its highest if you came up against them after they’d had a shock defeat. You knew you would get annihilated. 

They were never a club that ever seemed to be in ‘bad form’. If they had 1-2 iffy results, it was rectified immediately. There was no alternative.

Many of these players they have now are seemingly made up of the likes who feel like they’ve made it just by getting the move to United and then aren’t too bothered what else happens. Disgraceful.
  • Options
    If He's tweeted it then it's a done deal 
  • Options
    Just why did it take five hours to decide. 

Im one of the least in favour of sacking Managers on here, especially when its partly down to players downing tools. But like Adkins form, how can you survive when you have just lost 4-1 at Watford of all places... No disrespect to them of course, but thats a side who got thumped 5-0 by Liverpool just a few weeks ago. 
  • Options
    Just why did it take five hours to decide. 

Im one of the least in favour of sacking Managers on here, especially when its partly down to players downing tools. But like Adkins form, how can you survive when you have just lost 4-1 at Watford of all places... No disrespect to them of course, but thats a side who got thumped 5-0 by Liverpool just a few weeks ago. 
    That’s what I was thinking when I read an report mentioning that they had a ‘three’ hour meeting. What the hell are they even talking about for that long!
  • Options
    I get it’s a much more complicated decision than just a simple yes/no - but 3 - 5 hours is a very long time. 

Be interesting to be a fly on the wall and see the topics covered and how a meeting like that is structured.
  • Options
    How long was the meeting with Thomas, Roddy etc after the last game under Atkins that was several hours wasn't it.  And Nigel didn't score "that goal".

It got as far as Joel after the city game but Fergie talked him out of it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now confirmed as being sacked.
  • Options
    Who will they go for? Saw rumours of them trying to get ZiZou in but will he want it?
  • Options
    Just seen on SSN that are looking to get an interim manager until the end of the season. 
  • Options
    Just seen on SSN that are looking to get an interim manager until the end of the season. 
    Will they give it to Fletcher or Carrick then?
  • Options
    I thought results and winning were not important to Man U ? Why bother replacing a club legend. 
  • Options
    I thought results and winning were not important to Man U ? Why bother replacing a club legend. 
    Because the fans turned on him yesterday.  Really for the first time, a booing old Trafford isn't a marketable product. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Well they can't give it to giggsy can they.... 
  • Options
    American owner appoints former player as caretaker manager and, months later gives him the role full-time, only to see a disastrous string of results culminating in the decision to sack him, months later. 

Couldn't happen here could it? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Carrick for now I think but the suggestion in the statement was that he's an interim interim!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Because the fans turned on him yesterday.  Really for the first time, a booing old Trafford isn't a marketable product. 
    Liverpool at half-time was seemingly the first real time. Although at full-time it weirdly wasn't as bad. I thought he'd go after that and then certainly after City. Daft not to sack him over the International break. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The fans turned because of the results though didn’t they. Not because they’re realising that United are becoming less marketable. Of course results are important and winning to the owner matters. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The fans turned because of the results though didn’t they. Not because they’re realising that United are becoming less marketable. Of course results are important and winning to the owner matters. 
    Them mattering and being the primary driver of the business are two completely different things. 
  • Options
    No idea how true that is but it highlights one issue they have - there's usually a fair few managerial changes after World Cups/Euros as its the end of a 'cycle' of international football, but this year a) the Euros and World Cup are close together so managers are wanting to stay on for the latter, and b) the 2022 World Cup isn't in the summer, it's mid-season.

Can't see them waiting a full year for a Luis Enrique or Mancini etc, and I can't see managers who've qualified for the World Cup wanting to leave.

Maybe Mancini if they lose on the playoffs I guess.
  • Options
    Winning is apparently not the main driver. Why would they want to appoint the best out there ? Preposterous.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Chizz said:
    American owner appoints former player as caretaker manager and, months later gives him the role full-time, only to see a disastrous string of results culminating in the decision to sack him, months later. 

Mentioning Man utd and Cafc in the same post is funny even in your high standard of witty rhetorical questions.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was in charge for 36 months, which last time I checked was 3 years.

• Options
    Winning is apparently not the main driver. Why would they want to appoint the best out there ? Preposterous.
    If winning was the main driver they would sign the players the team actually needs, as oppose to the ones that can sell the most shirts. 

Finish 3rd or 4th and go on a nice money spinning trip to Asia or the US and everyone ones a winner. 
  • Options
    Better get JJ tied down to a new deal pronto, TS.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Mentioning Man utd and Cafc in the same post is funny even in your high standard of witty rhetorical questions.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was in charge for 36 months, which last time I checked was 3 years.

Interesting. But, of course, I didn't mention Man Utd!
  • Options
    Very true you didn't Chizz.
    I made the mistake of thinking that as it was posted on the " How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?" it was about him and the International brand of Manchester United.  :#