Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    About time he got the chop.

Zidane might be worth a punt. Him and Ronaldo won 3 consecutive champions leagues together 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Winning is apparently not the main driver. Why would they want to appoint the best out there ? Preposterous.
    If winning was the main driver they would sign the players the team actually needs, as oppose to the ones that can sell the most shirts. 

Finish 3rd or 4th and go on a nice money spinning trip to Asia or the US and everyone ones a winner. 
    In fairness no one questioned the signings of Sancho and Varane. You could argue they didn't really need Ronaldo but not many clubs would turn down the chance to sign him.

United are a good side, they just had a manager out of his depth trying to compete with possibly the current 3 best managers in world football.

Madness they hung on for so long, he should've gone after the Liverpool defeat and they could've had Conte in the job 4 weeks ago. 
    It's not about who they did sign as much as who they didn't.  Your never going to be successful perming two out of McFredic. 
  • Options
    not a bad job looking doe eyed into the tv cameras game after game and explaining why his motley collection of millionaire stars just couldn't get results for him .. he can now shove off to the fjords taking his ill gained millions with him

I said a while ago that any successor to Ole will have the spectre, the living ghost of Alex Ferguson hovering in the background. The new man should make plain to the M U powers that they keep the old geezer well away from the home changing room and training grounds and let the manager really manage his own way
  • Options
    laughable .. 2 things .. CARRICK as interim .. hahahahaha .. and this

Will Rooney return to Man Utd?

Rooney also admitted that he would love to make a return to Old Trafford down the line but acknowledged that, if he was to be in the frame to succeed his former team-mate, he would have likely had some indication by now.

“One day,” Rooney said. “But I’m focusing on Derby County, I’m committed to the club, and I’ll be here until someone tells me otherwise. 

“I speak to people at Manchester United on a regular basis and, I’m sure, if they were going to come calling for me, that would have happened by now.”

• Options
    You’d think someone had died the way his sacking is being reported.
    when really it's just very, very funny
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    when really it's just very, very funny
    Yea
    it does annoy me the amount of gravitas the media decide to give things, completely out of context sometimes in comparison to other things
  • Options
    Minus ten hours
  • Options
    Solsjkaer was never qualified to be manager of United, not even close to being good enough.

That performance vs Watford was an embarrassment, the Watford attackers were ripping United apart at the back - remembering that before Saturday Watford were the third lowest scoring team in the league with 12 goals in 11 games!

Lindelof must have some dirt on someone at United cause as crap as Maguire was he was far, far worse, getting rag dolled around by the Watford attackers like he was a work experience kid.

United are paying a huge price for not engaging in successful “succession planning” while Ferguson was still there, they should have brought his replacement in early to learn under Ferguson for at least one season.

Instead, they went for Moyes, who had no pedigree for the job at all, and the die was cast.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve Bruce 😂😂😂 seriously 
  • Options
    OGS is a Championship level manager, if that. 3 years at Manure. Speaks volumes of their planning and execution.
  • Options
    In answer to your thread title - not long.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    The exit interview was so odd, treated it like it was a player or manager retiring after many successful years, not like someone you've just fired for not being good enough who's had no success in 3 years there.

"I've made lots of friends..."

Great, have you won many football matches though?  Any trophies?
  • Options
    Get Roy Keane as interim manager, just for a day to give them all a good bollocking.
  • Options
    Will be amazed if they dont go for Poch.
  • Options
    Amazing how things are set up at the very top level of football.
    For a start there only seems to be 6 maybe 7 managers who can cut it at the very top. Not enough to go round.
    Chelsea were ruthless when they cut ties with Lampard and bought Tuchal in. But for the reason mentioned above,they needed to be.
    The same can be said for the players.
    Again, there is an elite pool and very few to go round
     City,Liverpool and Chelsea have got to a place where they only really need to get one world class player in a season. They've carefully planned to make sure that they'll never be any need to go out and get 5 of them at any one time.
    The longevity of a players career Is long in the planning . For example,Silva to be replaced by Sterling, Sterling to be replaced by Foden and so on.
    I look at the likes of United and Arsenal and I just don't see that level of recruitment. United for example look at least 4 short at the moment, more if you consider Ronaldo and Cavani may well slump in the next 12-18 months.
    How are they ever going to bring in the 4 or 5 they need to reach the level their fans and stakeholders demand? As each year of failed recruitment passes they fall further and further behind and the odds of clawing their way back in amongst the big boys widens evermore.
    It's absolutely brutal at the top. 
  • Options
    For a start there only seems to be 6 maybe 7 managers who can cut it at the very top. Not enough to go round.
    Chelsea were ruthless when they cut ties with Lampard and bought Tuchal in. But for the reason mentioned above,they needed to be.
     City,Liverpool and Chelsea have got to a place where they only really need to get one world class player in a season. They've carefully planned to make sure that they'll never be any need to go out and get 5 of them at any one time.
    The longevity of a players career Is long in the planning . For example,Silva to be replaced by Sterling, Sterling to be replaced by Foden and so on.
    I look at the likes of United and Arsenal and I just don't see that level of recruitment. United for example look at least 4 short at the moment, more if you consider Ronaldo and Cavani may well slump in the next 12-18 months.
    How are they ever going to bring in the 4 or 5 they need to reach the level their fans and stakeholders demand? As each year of failed recruitment passes they fall further and further behind and the odds of clawing their way back in amongst the big boys widens evermore.
    I remember when UTD would make 1 huge signing a season veron/ferdinand etc but it doesn't feel like they've managed to ever rebuild since fergie left... and they were due a rebuild then.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I remember when UTD would make 1 huge signing a season veron/ferdinand etc but it doesn't feel like they've managed to ever rebuild since fergie left... and they were due a rebuild then.
    Their problems run a lot deeper than the manager.

They need a competent CEO & Director of Football, and owners who don't take millions out of the club and let the infrastructure crumble, but the latter won't happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary Neville gets on my nerves these days. He needs a chill pill. 

His gobby nature is repetitive headache material
  • Options
    Zidane with Paul scholes as assistant manager.

They'd win the champions League 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Poch to United, Zidane to PSG, everyone is happy?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Zidane with Paul scholes as assistant manager.

They'd win the champions League 
    Shall we review a) the other CL clubs' squads and b) Paul Scholes' management record? 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Thats exactly what I see happening.
    Not sure Poch would go mid-season though, as he's got a massive chance of winning the CL this season.

Would fit in with why they want to employ an interim and wait for him.

They were mad not to go for Conte when they had the chance.  Hindsight it a wonderful thing but he should have been sacked after the Liverpool game.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Not sure Poch would go mid-season though, as he's got a massive chance of winning the CL this season.

They were mad not to go for Conte when they had the chance.  Hindsight it a wonderful thing but he should have been sacked after the Liverpool game.
    To be honest it's not even in hindsight really, almost everyone thought it at the time.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Their problems run a lot deeper than the manager.

They need a competent CEO & Director of Football, and owners who don't take millions out of the club and let the infrastructure crumble, but the latter won't happen.
    It's not all bad news Woodward is staying 🤡🤡
  • Options
    Just an odd situation with all his mates/ex teammates struggling with how to act now in their role as pundits.
  • Options
    Carrick the interim manager

A club legend midfielder, who's already on the coaching staff, taking over a team with no structure on the pitch, and aren't working hard enough. And succeeding a nice man that everyone likes...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

I keep hearing a narrative that Conte wouldn't have been the right fit, not a United type of manager. Absolute rubbish really, why wouldn't they have wanted a guy who can go in, sort out the defence, get them playing well and potentially win something?

Who cares that he might upset a few people and only be there 2 years? 

Moyes - 8 months
    van Gaal - just under 2 years
    Mourinho - 2.5 years
    Solskjaer - almost 3 years but realistically should've gone sooner.