Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    They'll never go back to him of course, but David Moyes at proving that he's still a very good manager

West Ham are 4th in the table PLUS doing really well in the Europa League, a competition which often derails mid sized clubs
    He's really very good at Clubs like Everton or West Ham who are in that "best of the rest" kind of category, but not necessarily at a club with genuine title ambitions.

And that's not a dig or criticism, he's got a niche but has a natural ceiling. You could probably put others in the same category - Brendan Rogers maybe, perhaps Nuno as well. 
  • Options
    Quite a compelling piece there from @Notts_Addick.

I also think that with the quality of Manchester City and Liverpool, it's bloody hard to compete for the title these days. Those two teams are on a different planet.
  • Options
    And last season included a 6-1 home defeat to Spurs. 
  • Options
    Apparently he will continue as manager after Sir Alex visited the training ground and advised the Glazers give him another chance to turn things round.

Looks like (as long as he avoids another defeat at Spurs) he'll be in charge for the next couple of weeks. Looming large though is the derby with City, so a bad defeat there might well see him sacked during the international break.
  • Options
    It is obviously a very attractive job to manage Man Utd.,especially for an ex player,but dear oh dear,how can Ole relate this shower of defeatists to the team he played in,Ferguson ,after that performance would have outed,Pogba and Fernandez on the spot.Ole,you were a great striker ,please walk away from this shower with your reputation intact.
  • Options
    Spurs up next and frankly Ole couldn’t have chosen a better opponent. Spurs are just as flakey as United and I can see the reaction from The Liverpool defeat being enough for a United win. It’s still only a matter of time though. 
  • Options
    I dont think Utd would even think of getting someone else in with the next 3 games ahead, why bring a manager in and give him no time to alter things and potentially set him up for 3 straight defeats ? I think it has been decided but they will do it during the international break
  • Options
    The reason I never would have offered Ole a contract is not because he is a bad tactician or coach… but for the most part he is not the type of manager with enough cred as manager to attract top talent. The reputation of the club is more than offset with his lack of cred and most great players at the peak of their careers don’t consider him good enough that they want to come play for him. He lacks in the recruitment department, which like it or not is a major part of the job nowadays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For obvious reasons it's always the manager but does anyone honestly think United are coached to defined like that?

Players are, by and large, wankers. 
  • Options
    Another 45 minutes
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    For obvious reasons it's always the manager but does anyone honestly think United are coached to defined like that?

See 'Nigel Adkins'
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

See 'Nigel Adkins'
    See every manager, pretty much, who has been sacked. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's the manager and coaches' job to make sure the coaching is effective though, that it works and it sinks in.
  • Options
    City are embarrassing them here, this is worse then Liverpool game, the gulf in class is just off the chart 
  • Options
    Huffed and Puffed but nowhere near city.
    Would a world class side bring on Donny van der Beek to change things up??
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's the manager and coaches' job to make sure the coaching is effective though, that it works and it sinks in.
    Watch Shaw, and others, for City's second.  Do you really think either A) OGS, or anyone else, has ever told him to do that B) an experienced England International footballer should need telling in the first place.

He doesn't do that in an England shirt and he won't do that for the next manager to start with either. 
  • Options
    He has to go. They have an incredible squad. But they are playing like we were under Nigel, as In no heart, no commitment and lacking desire. Man U are missing those things in abundance. 
    Some of their players were strolling around today. 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    He has to go. They have an incredible squad. But they are playing like we were under Nigel, as In no heart, no commitment and lacking desire. Man U are missing those things in abundance. 
    I agree with Roy Keane. They have too many players not good enough to play for the club. The squad is hardly what I’d call incredible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I have sorted out Man Us problem. There was an advert on the electronic hoardings which said "Committed to Net Zero". I think no one has told the players that this refers to carbon emissions - not goals. 
  • Options
    Keane and Souness make a right jolly pair eh? 

I thought Souness was going to spontaneously combust and Keane implode as they discussed the shortcomings of the United defence.

• Options
    edited November 2021
    It's pretty funny watching Ole's ex teammates bending over backwards to try to blame anything and anyone except the obvious.

Any other manager and they'd be attacking him every week.
  • Options
    They are shit though, De Gea has calamity all through his career, Shaw and Maguire are ok for an England side dominating minnow nations but don't show up for Man United, and Lindelof and Bailly aren't good enough for a side going for the title. AWB is ok but again not world class.

Fred and McTominay, I mean compare them to the defensive midfielders in the other top sides, like Kimmich, Busquets, Casemiro, Fabinho, Rodri, Kante they're a world apart.

Fernandes, Pogba, Sancho and Ronaldo, the front 4 is world class, but they can't carry the rest of the side through
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Do players not play for personal pride anymore? 

They always have to 100% rely on a managers instructions? Because they all know nothing about football and can only work hard if they like the manager as a person?

Why not always try your best for the club and the fans.

They all need to leave. 

Some managers can be toxic and unnecessarily stick the needle in whenever they feel like it. Pardew, for example.

I doubt OGS causes more problems then he solves
  • Options
    It’s not results on the field that will determine if he goes. It’s the results on the stock exchange/revenue in that will say if he goes. The ownership of this club will only factor football in if the cash streams begin to dry up.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    It’s not results on the field that will determine if he goes. It’s the results on the stock exchange/revenue in that will say if he goes. The ownership of this club will only factor football in if the cash streams begin to dry up.
    But surely the result on the pitch determines the stock prices 
  • Options
    Its a good job Antonio Conte is still available...

Oh wait a minute...
  • Options
    iainment said:
    But surely the result on the pitch determines the stock prices 
    In the long run maybe but in the short term the revenues are buoyant. So he’ll stay for now.