Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    They’ve got a midfield of Fred and McTominay. That’s barely mid table level. Add in the brain dead defending of Wan Bissaka, the poor performances of Maguire and Shaw (who are regulars for one of the best international teams in the world btw) and the irregular behaviour of De Gea and OGS is a dead man walking. Be interesting to see who they’d even replace him with, and like Conte, what they can do with an average and over inflated group of players.
  • Options
    They’ve got a midfield of Fred and McTominay. That’s barely mid table level. Add in the brain dead defending of Wan Bissaka, the poor performances of Maguire and Shaw (who are regulars for one of the best international teams in the world btw) and the irregular behaviour of De Gea and OGS is a dead man walking. Be interesting to see who they’d even replace him with, and like Conte, what they can do with an average and over inflated group of players.
    But everyone knew they needed a CDM but they didn’t get it. McTominay, Pogba and Fernandes are on paper, top quality. They are definitely missing a Jorginho, Fabinho or Rodri though. They are probably the 4th best team on paper though, so wouldn’t say they are massively underperforming. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    They are shit though, De Gea has calamity all through his career, Shaw and Maguire are ok for an England side dominating minnow nations but don't show up for Man United, and Lindelof and Bailly aren't good enough for a side going for the title. AWB is ok but again not world class.

Fred and McTominay, I mean compare them to the defensive midfielders in the other top sides, like Kimmich, Busquets, Casemiro, Fabinho, Rodri, Kante they're a world apart.

Fernandes, Pogba, Sancho and Ronaldo, the front 4 is world class, but they can't carry the rest of the side through
    After an iffy start when he was young and adjusting to life at United, De Gea has been superb for United.

He was the fans POTY 4 times in 5 years and he's made the PFA team of the year 5 times, he's far from the problem.

United need 2 strong midfielders, one holding and one box to box, push to boat out for someone like Rice, and get Pogba to find some form. Their midfield is far too easily over run. 
  • Options
    2-0 down at Watford and Watford also missed a penalty
  • Options
    It does not matter who their manager is. Winning is not why MU exists anymore. It’s all about the brand and money and tourists. No manager with real ambition would go there knowing their ownership values profits over winning…. unless that manager also just wants a nice payday and not silverware. They are in a loop of perpetual mediocrity.
  • Options
    I was talking to a mate, and I compared Man Utd to the Yankees. They're not really a sports club any more, they are a marketing/memorabilia/merchandising/corporate entertainment company. On field results barely matter. The Yankees are the richest club in baseball despite one world series in 20 years and that was 12 years ago.

It is surely no coincident that Manu Utd have American owners and emualte the Yankees' model. In a revenue sense I bet signing Ronaldo is actually more important than finishing higher in the league. The draw of a star like Ronaldo drives sales of merch worldwide, daytrippers filling old Trafford and sponsors splashing the cash.
    It does not matter who their manager is. Winning is not why MU exists anymore. It’s all about the brand and money and tourists. No manager with real ambition would go there knowing their ownership values profits over winning…. unless that manager also just wants a nice payday and not silverware. They are in a loop of perpetual mediocrity.
    I see where these comments are coming from but year on year of failure tarnishes that brand. They need to win a biggie in the next year or so. People in general don’t want to be associated with failure.
  • Options
    I was talking to a mate, and I compared Man Utd to the Yankees. They're not really a sports club any more, they are a marketing/memorabilia/merchandising/corporate entertainment company. On field results barely matter. The Yankees are the richest club in baseball despite one world series in 20 years and that was 12 years ago.

It is surely no coincident that Manu Utd have American owners and emualte the Yankees' model. In a revenue sense I bet signing Ronaldo is actually more important than finishing higher in the league. The draw of a star like Ronaldo drives sales of merch worldwide, daytrippers filling old Trafford and sponsors splashing the cash.
    I see where these comments are coming from but year on year of failure tarnishes that brand. They need to win a biggie in the next year or so. People in general don’t want to be associated with failure.
    See the previously mentioned Yankees.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I hear you but that New York and it’s Americans. Manchester and a completely worldwide sport is I think somewhat different. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I hear you but that New York and it’s Americans. Manchester and a completely worldwide sport is I think somewhat different. 
    MU are run by Americans and I believe the Glazers think like typical American team owners. They are “plantation” owners.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Manchester United don't operate for the benifit for Salford.  It's really the same target market. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

4-1
  • Options
    Got to go now

one thing being outplayed by City and Liverpool but Watford…
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Those that back him (Neville etc) surely can't defend him any more.

Blame Pogba (he didn't play today), oh Fred isn't good enough (he also didn't play today).

Clearly they're not playing for him, they're obviously much better than they are and need a change.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

MU are run by Americans and I believe the Glazers think like typical American team owners. They are “plantation” owners.
    So why replace OGS ? 
  • Options
    Looked very much like he was saying his goodbyes to the crowd at the end of the game. 
  • Options
    Missed the boat with Conte, is Rodgers really the solution?
  • Options
    Missed the boat with Conte, is Rodgers really the solution?
    There's no obvious decent candidate beyond maybe Zidane who I think might wait for something like Juve, PSG or France.

They should think about a caretaker maybe, rather than rush it and go for someone not quite right.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

It simply isn’t as important to be a winning team in baseball. 
    The RedSox, WhiteSox and Cubs ended World Series droughts of 85, 87 and 107 years respectively within the last 17 years, but all three enjoyed huge support through those lean years. 
    The RedSox and Cubs are, (along with the Dodgers and Giants), the strongest brands in baseball after the Yankees. Their ridiculously long periods without success made little difference to that, and it would make little difference to the Yankees.
    Remember that there is no relegation in MLB. In fact, the worst performing teams theoretically get the best young players the following year to “even things up”, so for a team with the riches of the Yanks, lean spells should never last too long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think given his relationship with Ronaldo and Varane and his influence on Pogba (if he stays) they have to go for Zidane.

Leicester's form this season i think leaves question marks against Rodgers.
  • Options
    I think given his relationship with Ronaldo and Varane and his influence on Pogba (if he stays) they have to go for Zidane.

Leicester's form this season i think leaves question marks against Rodgers.
    Apparently Zidane isn’t particularly interested as he’s assured the France job when Deschamps is done with it. 
  • Options
    United have conceded more than any team in the premier league apart from Norwich and Newcastle.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I bet Maguire feels like a right numpty from giving it the big one to his critics during an international game and then back to form getting smashed in the league and getting sent off. His first touch for the second booking was terrible. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    1StevieG said:
    I bet Maguire feels like a right numpty from giving it the big one to his critics during an international game and then back to form getting smashed in the league and getting sent off. His first touch for the second booking was terrible. 
    That was ridiculous anyway, Keane was right, giving it the "can't hear you now" after scoring from a free header against Albania is so dense, doesn't mean you've suddenly been defending well for United.
  • Options
    NBC Sports we’re reporting that there’s a meeting tomorrow to discuss OGS future. 
  • Options
    Apparently meeting happened at 7pm 
  • Options
    Just watched the game on MOTD, United were absolute dogshit.