Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overrated Music Acts

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Stone Roses. Just dull and massively over rated. 

The Smiths. See above. 
    This is an example of personal taste.

Stone Roses were a big part, pioneers if you like of the Manchester / Indie scene, their breakthrough album is widely considered one of the greatest of all time, they have inspired many other bands, to say overrated is plain stupid.  ditto Smiths
    Surely you’ve just contradicted yourself in that post? 
    No it's your lack of comprehension

To say they were pioneers is not one persons opinion it is a widely held belief, their album came 2nd greatest of all time, not opinion, fact
  • Options
    My reason for thinking the Beatles are overrated is because I personally can't see how they stand out as better musically than other bands of the same era -

The Who
    The Animals
    The Kinks
    The Stones
    The Small Faces
    and even The Moody Blues.

It's okay saying that the Beatles were just more successful, but imo, that don't make them a better band, and that's the point o this thread. I think.....
    You haven’t a clue!
  • Options

Pointless commenting of music genres I don't like or have no interest in... so from my perspective, first to come to mind....

Mastadon - just really don't get this band.... can't understand the love-in about them

Megadeth - like the rawness of the first several albums, after that... meh

The Smiths - predominantly god-awful torridness. A few tunes, just can't understand their god-like status

• Options
    All Saints. 

I find it ridiculous they get their own day. 
    pure shores is an absolute banging anthem.
  • Options
    All Saints. 

whoosh?
  • Options

The Smiths. See above. 

Stone Roses were a big part, pioneers if you like of the Manchester / Indie scene, their breakthrough album is widely considered one of the greatest of all time, they have inspired many other bands, to say overrated is plain stupid.  ditto Smiths

To say they were pioneers is not one persons opinion it is a widely held belief, their album came 2nd greatest of all time, not opinion, fact
    Exactly why I think they’re over rated. 
  • Options
    All Saints. 

whoosh?
    Was a good joke, but pure shores is also a banger
  • Options
    My reason for thinking the Beatles are overrated is because I personally can't see how they stand out as better musically than other bands of the same era -

The Who
    The Animals
    The Kinks
    The Stones
    The Small Faces
    and even The Moody Blues.

It's okay saying that the Beatles were just more successful, but imo, that don't make them a better band, and that's the point o this thread. I think.....
    You haven’t a clue!
    How many times did you see them live mate?
  • Options

The Smiths. See above. 

i'm a little lost, a band held in high regard justifiably is overrated just because of that reason?  Can you expand on why you think they are not deserving?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019

The Smiths. See above. 

i'm a little lost, a band held in high regard justifiably is overrated just because of that reason?  Can you expand on why you think they are not deserving?
    What part of the thread don’t you understand? He said it himself, it’s personal taste. I personally think they’re not all that. Weak voice, weak songs, a bit dull, they not a bad band As such, but I think they’re overrated. I personally think a lot of it is people trying to be cool, they’re in to the ‘Manchester indie scene’ aren’t they.... zzzzzz.  But that’s just my personal opinion. 

There’s people on here who have said The Beatles. I mean, how much higher regard Are they held in? You going to ask them the same? A stone rose album came out second top in a poll once. How many time’s has a Beatles album came out top of a poll?. But certain people on here don’t like them. Thus, they think they’re over rated. It really is that simple. 
  • Options

The Smiths. See above. 

What part of the thread don’t you understand? He said it himself, it’s personal taste. I personally think they’re not all that. Weak voice, weak songs, a bit dull, they not a bad band As such, but I think they’re overrated. I personally think a lot of it is people trying to be cool, they’re in to the ‘Manchester indie scene’ aren’t they.... zzzzzz.  But that’s just my personal opinion. 

There’s people on here who have said The Beatles. I mean, how much higher regard Are they held in? You going to ask them the same? A stone rose album came out second top in a poll once. How many time’s has a Beatles album came out top of a poll?. But certain people on here don’t like them. Thus, they think they’re over rated. It really is that simple. 
    just because you add to the stupidity doesn't give it more credence, I think most of the beatles comments are in jest so you've shown yourself up a little, you could save yourself by giving some foundation to your argument
  • Options

The Smiths. See above. 

just because you add to the stupidity doesn't give it more credence, I think most of the beatles comments are in jest so you've shown yourself up a little, you could save yourself by giving some foundation to your argument
    My life. The irony of you calling someone stupid. 

Anyway, think this thread is getting taken far too seriously now. Thought it was a lighthearted one about personal opinions. Obviously not. It’s getting a bit boring now, like most of the ‘Manchester indie scene’. 

You crack on though. 
  • Options
    P.s. read again some of the earlier Beatles  comments and maybe explain how they was said in jest. 
  • Options
    All Saints. 

whoosh?
    Was a good joke, but pure shores is also a banger
    Couldn't agree more, great tune (Never Ever is decent too) and I made myself laugh. 
  • Options

The Smiths. See above. 

Mine weren't said in jest, I do think the Beatles were overrated. Surely, only bands that are "rated" and have had a certain amount of success can be considered as overrated, otherwise they're doing as expected or underrated.

But all said and done, I think we've all agreed that it is down to personal opinion.. 
  • Options

The Smiths. See above. 

Mine weren't said in jest, I do think the Beatles were overrated. Surely, only bands that are "rated" and have had a certain amount of success can be considered as overrated, otherwise they're doing as expected or underrated.

But all said and done, I think we've all agreed that it is down to personal opinion.. 
    exactly mate. Spot on. This fella has over complicated a very simple thread. And he thinks I’m the stupid one because I don’t ‘comprehend’ it. 
  • Options

The Smiths. See above. 

exactly mate. Spot on. This fella has over complicated a very simple thread. And he thinks I’m the stupid one because I don’t ‘comprehend’ it. 
    Why stupid?  why the personal digs?  

If I wanted to start a thread about who is your favourite band and who don't you like I would have done.  I didn't.

The difference is you can make an argument about whether a band or musician is overrated weighing up what they have acheived or contributed to the music scene v in what regard they are mostly held by critics and people generally and that would be be based mostly on fact and little on personal opinion.

You said the Stone Roses because you just don't like them, so it only became about personal taste because you turned the debate that way 
  • Options

The Smiths. See above. 

Why stupid?  why the personal digs?  

If I wanted to start a thread about who is your favourite band and who don't you like I would have done.  I didn't.

The difference is you can make an argument about whether a band or musician is overrated weighing up what they have acheived or contributed to the music scene v in what regard they are mostly held by critics and people generally and that would be be based mostly on fact and little on personal opinion.

You said the Stone Roses because you just don't like them, so it only became about personal taste because you turned the debate that way 
    Now this is getting weird. I didn’t start with ‘stupid’ comments, you did. Read back over the comments. It was you who started with that sort talk and made it personal. Anyway, I like the music threads on here but this is getting a bit weird now. Have a good day. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a bit of an exaggeration. Most successful maybe. 
  • Options
    Ridiculous. Should've been Bieber.